28. Green Bay Packers - Nick Perry, Pass Rusher, Southern California

29. Baltimore Ravens - Vontaze Burfict, Line Backer, Arizona State

30. San Francisco 49ers - Alfonzo Dennard, Defensive Back, Nebraska

31. New York Giants - Dont'a Hightower, Line Backer, Alabama

32. New England Patriots - Whitney Mercilus, Pass Rusher, Illinois

There you have it, fire away

Aussie_steeler
01-30-2012, 01:49 AM
If the Ravens take Burfict over Hightower I think the following scenario may well play out:

Year 1- Burfict has a monster season playing beside Ray Lewis. Ray Ray will tell Burfict where to line up and what assignment to take.
Year 2 - Ray Ray retires and Burfict has a sophmore slump
Year 3 - They will realise it wasnt a sophmore slump. Instead they will realise that Burfict doesnt have a football brain and without the right player beside him he will have no idea.

I think they ultimate take Hightower in the above scenario.

Also like that you have Sanu in the first instead of Alshon Jeffrey.

Looks solid to me. Let me have a second look to pass more judgement.

Cheers
Aussie

LLT
01-30-2012, 04:35 AM
Great job brother.

I would take another look at the Rams at #2. I think that they will go for one of two players. Either they will take WR Justin Blackmon to give Bradford a weapon on offense...or they take the best OT on the board which will probably be Kalil or Reiff.

The thing about that #2 slot is that they could trade down and still get one of the two player they covet....so there is always that possibility that we may see Washington trade up to #2 to get QB Robert Griffin, especially if they are convinced that the Browns might go with a QB at #4. Personally I think we there is a chance we might see Washington enter the Matt Flynn sweepstakes and then they can use #6 on an OT. But its food for thought.

Glad to see that Im not the only one who thinks Michael Brocker is overrated. Some boards have him as a top 15 pick, and he might go in the first round...but I smell "Tyson Jackson" all over him. Only one year of real production scares the crap out of me. I can see him falling into the second...obviously just as you do.

ShutDown24
01-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Great job brother.

I would take another look at the Rams at #2. I think that they will go for one of two players. Either they will take WR Justin Blackmon to give Bradford a weapon on offense...or they take the best OT on the board which will probably be Kalil or Reiff.

Thanks!

I thought long and hard about going Kalil at #2, but I just couldn't. I know all signs point to Jason Smith being a bust, but they just drafted he and Saffold. Do you think they admit to Smith being a mistake so soon? I know it is a new staff but I kind of feel like they give it another year. Although I thought he was due to make a lot of dough this year so maybe not. I did feel weird about not having a Tackle go off the board until pick 6. Ultimately I don't think there is anyway that happens.

The thing about that #2 slot is that they could trade down and still get one of the two player they covet....so there is always that possibility that we may see Washington trade up to #2 to get QB Robert Griffin, especially if they are convinced that the Browns might go with a QB at #4. Personally I think we there is a chance we might see Washington enter the Matt Flynn sweepstakes and then they can use #6 on an OT. But its food for thought.

Yeah, I agree. Danny boy & Mike Shanahan probably like Griffin. He feels like a Shanahan Quarterback to me.

Glad to see that Im not the only one who thinks Michael Brocker is overrated. Some boards have him as a top 15 pick, and he might go in the first round...but I smell "Tyson Jackson" all over him. Only one year of real production scares the crap out of me. I can see him falling into the second...obviously just as you do.

Yeah I don't see anything special about Brockers' game. From what I've seen he relies way too much on his size and hasn't developed many skills for shedding blocks on passing downs past some sloppy variation of a bull rush. Reminds me too much of Tyson Jackson/Justin Harrell. He is a classic one year wonder; won't do much at the next level to me. I felt that way about Jason Pierre-Paul too, though, so we'll see.

I think they ultimate take Hightower in the above scenario.

Thanks!

And I hear you on Hightower/Burfict. Burfict just seems like a Raven to me. And while that is often a bad trap to fall into while writing up a mock, I just felt right putting him there for now. I do feel like his stock will rise before draft day.

In that vein, here is how I see a few things playing out before April

Risers:

R.Reiff
D.Poe
V.Burfict
M.Adams
M.Sanu

Fallers:

M.Brockers
M.Kalil
W.Mercilus
A.Jeffrey
Z.Sanders

Aussie_steeler
02-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Ryan Tannehill is a potential riser. There is always a QB who bolts into the first round.

I love your DeCastro pick. With the new rookie pay scale I can definitely see someone taking him very high and still getting great financial value in comparison to previous years

ShutDown24
02-01-2012, 05:34 AM
Ryan Tannehill is a potential riser. There is always a QB who bolts into the first round.

Definitely. However, I'm not sold that it is set in stone to be Tannehill yet. I could see a team moving up between picks 22 to 32 and selecting any of Tannehill, Foles, Osweiler or even Weeden. The second tier of Quarterbacks are really all over the place this year for me as far as evaluation goes. They all have obvious strengths but they all have glaring weaknesses too. Not to mention, I think - using last year as the premium example of this - organizations are finally starting to take "their guy" as opposed to the consensus BPA when it comes to the position. This is something that I'm really excited to see.