PDA

View Full Version : Harrison, LB corps among the best Steelers

Galax Steeler
01-24-2012, 03:19 AM
The golden age of Steelers linebackers occurred in the 1970s when Andy Russell and Hall of Famers Jack Ham and Jack Lambert roamed in the team's great defenses.

But since switching to the 3-4 defensive scheme in 1982, only one other group of linebackers can rival the current crew as the best and/or most dominant to play together.

James Harrison made his fifth consecutive Pro Bowl, named Monday to replace Baltimore's Terrell Suggs who pulled out with an injury. That ties him with Greg Lloyd, and they are behind Lambert (nine Pro Bowls), Ham (eight) and Russell (seven) in team history at the position.

Read more:http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12024/1205553-66.stm

suitanim
01-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Nonsense. Plug-n-play. Anyone can play LB for the Steelers.

Cut Woodley!

tube517
01-24-2012, 10:34 AM

Cut Woodley!

:lol:

fansince'76
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM

Only if they possess the requisite hustle...

Steeldude
01-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Anyone can play LB for the Steelers.

Cut Woodley!

you want woodley cut? why? i realize worilds did a excellent job filling in for him, but think of the dead salary cap money.

tell me, what OLB has failed in the steelers' 3-4 scheme since cowher was HC to present? i can't think of one.

Steeldude
01-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Only if they possess the requisite hustle...

that's true. why would you want a player who does not hustle?

BnG_Hevn
01-24-2012, 11:50 AM
And I have an authentic jersey signed by each. Even with no certificate of authenticity (signature) maybe they will be worth something someday. Even though soon they will be framed and hanging on the wall. All I need do now is get my son to be a die-hard Steelers fan and they will stay in the family for a looong time.

Steeldude
01-24-2012, 11:55 AM
bng hevn, nice car. i was going to get one, but that idea ended when the baby came along.

IUSteel
01-24-2012, 09:24 PM
bng hevn, nice car. i was going to get one, but that idea ended when the baby came along.

Tell me about it, my wife wants a Kia Soul. Women...

On topic, I really hope Worilds continues to develop. Pretty excited to see him play alongside Woodley and Timmons in the future.