PDA

View Full Version : Someone will step up to replace Colon

Steelerchad
07-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Did anyone on this board think James Harrison would be a DPOY when he was riding the pine and being passed from team to team just 4 years ago? An undrafted free agent finally gets his chance and not only replaces a top tier LB'er in Porter, but takes the position to the next level.

Ben Roethlisberger steps into his second game as an NFL player due to Tommy Maddox's injury. He rattles off 14 straight wins after that and now has 2 rings. Nobody thought he was good enough to even start that early, and then he steps in and takes the job to the next level.

Hoke has filled in admirably whenever Hampton goes down. We would have never known how good a player he was until he got a chance due to injury.

Keyaron Fox got a start last year due to an injury and produced 2 turnovers that probably won the game for us.

Time and time again someone gets a chance due to an injury. This will be no different. The rest of the guys on the roster get paid to do a job and they didn't get here because of a lack of competitiveness. There is a starting spot open for the taking and someone is going to step up and earn it. We may even laugh in a year or 2 when whoever steps up becomes a future probowler and we never would have known unless this injury took place.

Akagi
07-07-2010, 09:39 PM
The standard does not change.

BigNastyDefense
07-07-2010, 09:44 PM
"There are no backups, just starters in waiting" - Mike Tomlin

Vincent
07-07-2010, 09:46 PM
We're gonna unleash some hell at RT this year. Yessir.

MULLDOG24
07-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree with you on this. I would rather have someone from the roster step up and fill the void than to sign some FA like Flozell Adams. I also would like to see if we have any future starters on the roster.

steeldevil
07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree. I think if we were going to sign someone to come in we already would have. Someone on the roster will be given an opprutunity to start. Lets hope whoever that is makes the most of it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-07-2010, 11:27 PM
We're gonna unleash some hell at RT this year. Yessir.

:rofl: I think that is what Tony Hills said.

wootawnee
07-08-2010, 04:17 AM
Whenever I saw Silverback leapfrog LT with a pick I knew he was great..........Nobody on the team could have done that.....Not even Troy.............Peezy could only dream of that..........

solardave
07-08-2010, 05:09 AM
We will be just fine at RT. We don't need no stinking FA RT like Flozell Adams!!:bounce:

SirHulka
07-08-2010, 05:28 AM
:rofl2:you said FA RT. I think that pretty much describes Frozen Adams to a T. At first glance when I heard he was coming in for look-see, I was afraid he'd be signed. but after I looked at it a second, I was HOPING he'd be signed. I think you guys did yourself a favor by passing on him.

BlastFurnace
07-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Just as long as Colon's replacement doesn't play like Crap.

His replacement will be Jonathan Scott. I think if there was any interest in anyone else, we would have heard about it.