PDA

View Full Version : One Steeler fan's ( me) dream AFC championship game.

zulater
01-17-2012, 12:24 PM
It's like they're playing "our song" and we're not allowed to even come to the party, let alone get up on the dance floor! :mad2:. What i mean by this is the AFC title game is our domain! Since the AFL-NFL merger the Steelers have appeared in the AFC title game 15 times! 1972, 74, 75, 76, 78, 79, 84, 94, 95, 97, 01, 04, 05, 08, and 10.

But obviously you've got to earn your way there, and this year injuries derailed the party, so we're going to have to grin and bear it. Of course it would be a little nicer if a team we could actually stomach was participating. But it is what it is. So giving what we've got, I've fantasized what to me would be the Steeler lovers ideal scenario for the game that we're stuck with.

To start I hate both team equally, so in one sense I couldn't care less who wins. So I'll just go with who I expect to win for the purpose of this fantasy. And that would be the Patriots, who have the better quarterback ( by several miles) and home field advantage.

So what I want is a quick kill, so all my Raven fan friends will have to endure 3 quarters or more of misery.:eyebrows: And more to the point I want John Harbaugh to have his filthy nose rubbed in it just like he did to the Steelers on opening day. :deadhorse: OK, so in my fantasy scenario the Patriots open up 28-0 by halftime. By mid 3rd quarter any chance the Ravens had goes out the door with a couple Flacco int's that are returned for TD's. 42-0 to start the 4th quarter.

History tells us that no matter what the score, no matter what makes sense, Bellichick will go full out Dick mode and have Brady not only still in the game, but passing on virtually every down. So with about 11 minutes to go , the game long since decided, someone on the Patriots line misses an assignment and T-Sizzle is left unblocked. :p Thuggs goes low and destroys Brady's knee. Not only will Brady miss the Super Bowl, also as a result of the hit his legs will be too ugly to model Giselle's metrosexual pantyhose line that was due to be released soon after the Super Bowl was over!

Of course Robert Kraft will be fuming over this. :mad2: Even though Sugg's hit was borderline cheap, and didn't even draw a flag at the time, Goodell will be forced to unveil his secret weapon that was designed to be unveiled in week 2 next season against James Harrison. That being The Buzz Light year suspension ( "to infinity and beyond!") So so long T-Sizzle! :high5:

In the aftermath, some of Ray Ray's Miami associates who were in attendance will mysteriously find access to the Patriots locker room ( Ray Ray of course had no hand in this :rolleyes:) where they will proceed to try to rough up The Hoodie. Thankfully one of Boston's finest will come along to break things up before any damage is done, but in the process will accidently mace Belicheat, who blinded will stumble out of the locker room and stagger down to Boston Harbor. Once there the local homeless populace will take one look at his attire assume he belongs, and adopt him into their ranks.

slippy
01-17-2012, 12:51 PM
i like how focused your hatred is, mine is just blind 'cant believe i have to watch this game' hatred!

my scenario involves both teams somehow forfeiting. therefore, with no afc winner, the giants and niners play a "championship" game rather than a super bowl. so, no super bowl this year!

zulater
01-17-2012, 02:05 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hYoQeI-1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I guess this was a swing and a miss? :doh:

Oh well, I still think it's funny. :chuckle:

Animal Mother
01-17-2012, 03:18 PM

In the aftermath, some of Ray Ray's Miami associates who were in attendance will mysteriously find the keys to the visiting team's locker room ( Ray Ray of course had no hand in this :rolleyes:) where they will proceed to try to rough up The Hoodie. Thankfully one of Baltimore's finest will come along to break things up before any damage is done, but in the process will accidently mace Belicheat, who blinded will stumble out of the locker room and stagger down to Baltimore's inner harbor. Once there the local homeless populace will take one look at his attire assume he belongs, and adopt him into their ranks.

I think you need to revise the last paragraph so that the Patriots are the home team. Or whatever, I have dreams like that where nothing makes sense and I'm lost and confused.

I was amused by the rest of it.

vader29
01-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Only thing I would change would be 28-0 at the end of the first quarter instead of half, otherwise I'm good with that scenario.

Iron Steeler
01-17-2012, 04:06 PM
I was hoping the broncos were gonna go after his knee for awhile. I think they thought the same thing hence why brady punted the ball.

suitanim
01-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Sorry, I still like mine better: The two teams charter planes slam into each other in a mid-air collision, killing everyone on-board both planes.

zulater
01-18-2012, 08:14 AM
I think you need to revise the last paragraph so that the Patriots are the home team. Or whatever, I have dreams like that where nothing makes sense and I'm lost and confused.

I was amused by the rest of it.

Oy vey! I'm not sure how I forgot that?! :doh:

It makes for a better story if the game's in Baltimore. :chuckle:

But it's been edited the best I can. :noidea:

zulater
01-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Sorry, I still like mine better: The two teams charter planes slam into each other in a mid-air collision, killing everyone on-board both planes.

Nah, I want them both back next year for the Steelers to beat fair and square on the field. My ideal Steelers season would have the Steelers sweeping the Ravens, with them missing the playoffs entirely. Then going on to eventually beat the Patriots in the AFC title game. ( don't care where) And then finally going to the Super bowl and kicking the Packers ass.

steelreserve
01-18-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm hoping for a Ravens rout, and too many people injured to field an effective team for the Super Bowl.

Sorry, but I cannot hope for the Patriots to win any game under any circumstances.

steeldevil
01-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Go Ravens.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I can't root for the Pats* under any circumstances. They cheated. I hope the Ravens dominate and destroy Brady.

Of course I'll be cheering for the Giants to then destroy the Ravens in the SB.

zulater
01-18-2012, 01:39 PM
The thing is, there is no right answer here. It's like being asked if you'd rather be beat to death with a baseball bat or a brick?

Godfather
01-18-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm hoping for a Ravens rout, and too many people injured to field an effective team for the Super Bowl.

Sorry, but I cannot hope for the Patriots to win any game under any circumstances.

Ideal scenario right here. But it must also come with a Giants win over the Niners.

Did you know the Harbaughs are brothers?...

suitanim
01-18-2012, 03:35 PM
It doesn't matter what we wish one way or the other. The Ratfilth play worse football than even we do on the road. They will be destroyed this weekend...

O'Malley
01-18-2012, 05:40 PM
The thing is, there is no right answer here. It's like being asked if you'd rather be beat to death with a baseball bat or a brick?

This^

SteelGhost
01-18-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't care who wins, I only EXPECT the Giants win the SB :chuckle:

steelreserve
01-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Ideal scenario right here. But it must also come with a Giants win over the Niners.

Yeah, but I'd honestly rather see the 49ers win because a) I don't really care about Jim Harbaugh, b) they don't have a Chosen One at quarterback, c) I think they have a better chance of beating the AFC champion than a 9-7 Giants team who looked flat most of the year, d) If the Giants win, there'll be more NFC East dickriding than ever, and e) as long as I'm watching teams other than the Steelers compete for the title, the 49ers have the best underdog backstory, means more to the city, possibly keeps the team from leaving, etc.

I probably am also in the minority here on the 6 Super Bowls thing, but that really couldn't matter less to me. Someone else is going to win 6 eventually just by the ups and downs of time, and it just looks silly to see everyone hoping against something like that so hard. It's like hoping against snow. Odds are we'll win another one before too long anyway, for the same reason. Personally, if anyone else is going to tie us, I'd rather it's a team like the 49ers, who aren't our rival and we don't come in contact with very often. It would have a lot less of a "meaning" long-term than the idiot Patriots winning another one, or the fricking Ravens.

Animal Mother
01-19-2012, 01:04 PM

Wait, wait, wait, if they both win this weekend, that means... THEY'LL FACE EACHOTHER IN THE.... SUPERBOWL!!! AHHAHAHA My head just exploded!