PDA

View Full Version : A message from Ben....

stillers4me
01-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Ben Roethlisberger - BigBen7.com (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ben-Roethlisberger-BigBen7com/122621564488599)
Thank you to all the fans!

I want to take a second to say thank you to all the fans who voted for me and helped me get back to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl. It is an awesome honor to be voted by my peers and coaches, but even more by the fans and that’s all of you! I wouldn’t have been able to go if it weren’t for all of your votes (no matter how many times you voted, haha).

I also want to say thank ...you for all of you who voted for my teammates, it will be awesome to throw to 2 of my receivers! Also a special thank you to Erin! Without your help and support I would not be going to Hawaii, so thank you so very much.

Thanks again everyone and I’ll do my best to send some pics for you all to see.

P.S. A special thank you from Ashley because now that you all voted for me she finally gets her honeymoon! Haha -- Thanks again, Ben and Ash

The Duke
01-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Wait he's actually thinking of playing? Makes sense with the honeymoon thing but rest that ankle Ben!

fansince'76
01-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Wait he's actually thinking of playing? Makes sense with the honeymoon thing but rest that ankle Ben!

No blitzing allowed in the Pro Bowl, so I guess it's OK.

XxKnightxX
01-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Fuck it, free trip to Hawaii, such a Jew Lmao.

salamander
01-15-2012, 05:21 PM
No blitzing allowed in the Pro Bowl, so I guess it's OK.

Good point plus he won't be facing extreme constant pressure since he'll have a pro-bowl OL in front of him.

Count Steeler
01-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Pro Bowl is such a waste of time. Good for some players to get a vacation and that is about it.

O'Malley
01-15-2012, 05:46 PM
He'll play for one series and that's it...

Mamaduck43
01-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Who is Erin???

stillers4me
01-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Who is Erin???

Erin manages his official site/twitter/facebook page. She ran an unofficial Ben site and did such a great job that he (or "his people" ) contacted her and the two sites merged and now she runs his official site with his blessing.

steelerdude15
01-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Personally, I'm glad Ben is saying things like this. The old Ben wouldn't have.

siss
01-15-2012, 09:13 PM
I hope that Ashley gets another honeymoon other than the Pro Bowl...that doesn't exactly scream romance and honeymoon!

7willBheaven
01-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Shoot I wouldnt back out...like most have said...no blitzing/etc allowed in the PB...so he can sit there all day and maybe see what its like to be a regular pocket QB or whatever, haha. Plus its a free vacation AND a nice pay day for some easy/fun work.

86WARD
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Why wouldn't he play?!? Lol...

Steeldude
01-16-2012, 07:01 PM
they need to get rid of the pro bowl. it's so boring. the last one i watched was from the 80's

Butch
01-16-2012, 07:29 PM
they need to get rid of the pro bowl. it's so boring. the last one i watched was from the 80's

Need to turn it into a skills/battle of the Superstars type of competition (if anyone remembers those from the 70's).

Hope ya' have fun Ben

ShutDown24
01-16-2012, 11:44 PM
I know just about everyone hates the Pro Bowl, but I actually enjoy it. I like seeing a lot of great players going at it in a fun first kind of game. I know it is extremely watered down and doesn't mean anything, but I'll definitely be watching when Ben is in.

BlacknGoldBabe
01-17-2012, 03:53 AM
I'm with Butch on this one. The Pro Bowl is nothing like it used to be.

Mamaduck43
01-17-2012, 07:48 AM
I lived in Hawaii for 25 years..... The Pro Bowl was something that we really looked forward to.... When the early Sunday games air at 0700 and the night games are at dinnertime, it is nice to see the real deal and to take part in the festivities surrounding the Pro Bowl week... Steeler players are much in demand during the week, and I was able to meet quite a few of them through the years... The actual game is kind of icing on the cake, and what is neat to watch is the interactions between the players, and even the commentators who are there, during the week... The Pro Bowl Experience was fun, too, when vendors set up shop, and I could actually buy Steelers items in person - - without having to go through a catalog or Ebay..... The other thing that is neat is some of the 'help' programs that the players get involved in.... They make appearances at schools; help build playgrounds; conduct mini-camps, and give the local kids a look at their lives that they would never have a chance to see....
On top of everything else, the players love it.... They bring their families, and have fun.... Hawaii is unique in the respect that the stars can actually live for a week or so without having the magnifying glass on them.... The local folks allow them to be real, and do their best to not intrude on what the stars are doing.... And that rubs off on the folks who come from the mainland for the game.... There are plenty of photo ops and autograph sessions set up for the public, and that allows for a lot more private time....
I hope that the Pro Bowl remains in Hawaii, but I would also like to see it after the Super Bowl, so that all the players get a chance to go and 'play'.....