PDA

View Full Version : Next Year

mortgageman
01-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Let's put this one behind us. Multiple key injuries definitely affected this year. What does everyone think about next year. One positive thing is we get to play the jets and titans while the Ravens have to play the Texans and Pats. That is a huge difference. Obviously staying healthy is key, but I like our team moving forward. People say we are aging, but so is Bmore. We have some young talent and a nice draft pick. I think we will spend our first pick on an olineman and we will have a decent line going into the year. I think an underated need is a 3rd down back.

Count Steeler
01-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Let's put this one behind us. Multiple key injuries definitely affected this year. What does everyone think about next year. One positive thing is we get to play the jets and titans while the Ravens have to play the Texans and Pats. That is a huge difference. Obviously staying healthy is key, but I like our team moving forward. People say we are aging, but so is Bmore. We have some young talent and a nice draft pick. I think we will spend our first pick on an olineman and we will have a decent line going into the year. I think an underated need is a 3rd down back.

Baron Batch, this years 7th rounder, could very well be our 3rd down back. The kid has a ton of heart, just hope he can stay healthy.

O Line MUST be addressed this year.

Devilsdancefloor
01-14-2012, 11:21 PM
oline ILB Saftey NT need to be addressed this off season with depth on the Dline.

steelreserve
01-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Everybody always says we need a O lineman in the first round. We don't. Seems pretty obvious to me that they've accepted we're not going to have enough money to throw at every position, so defense and the offensive skill positions are where we concentrate, and on the line we do as good as we can, maybe have one or two standout players sprinkled in among an otherwise average line. Get used to it.

Steeltreal
01-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Baron Batch, this years 7th rounder, could very well be our 3rd down back. Can he change his # to 16 since i own that Jersey already

steelreserve
01-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Can he change his # to 16 since i own that Jersey already

If it was college, yeah. In the NFL, it has to start with a 2, 3 or a 4.

Although if they classified him as a receiver, they could start it with a 1. I'd do that if I owned the team, because that's how cheap I am.

ShutDown24
01-15-2012, 07:15 AM
We should expect nothing less than an AFC Championship next year. If we get a good Nose Tackle in here to assist McClendon in spelling Hampton throughout the season, the defense should be at the top of the league again. And with a franchise Quarterback and one of the better receiving squads around, the offense better improve. This team should be exceptional next year - particularly if Ben becomes a little more decisive with his throws and trusts his teammates to make more plays with the ball.

And - Batch will be a great third down running back.

BlacknGoldBabe
01-15-2012, 07:33 AM

Baltimore may be aging too, but it seems they're doing it healthier than the Steelers.