PDA

View Full Version : Ike had great year despite being Tebowed

stillers4me
01-11-2012, 10:03 PM
There is a good argument that Ike Taylor’s game against Denver during last week’s AFC wild-card loss was the worst individual performance in the history of Steelers postseason play.

Sure, Neil O’Donnell could be mentioned as one during Super Bowl XXX or Tunch Ilkin in 1983 against the Raiders or even Kordell Stewart against the Broncos could make the list, but there’s no mistaken Taylor is on top of that list.
However, the big picture can’t be lost with Taylor, who spent an hour with Trib columnist John Harris on Wednesday for the Ike Taylor Show on TribLive Radio.

Taylor had one of the best individual regular seasons in the history of the Steelers.....................

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/01/11/ike-taylor-really-did-have-a-great-year/

ShutDown24
01-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Ike is a very good Cornerback. He had a bad game, but so did the entire defense. And I keep seeing comments indicating Ike was lazy during the loss, but up until that game - Tebow hadn't made throws of that caliber. The Steelers didn't see it on film, so why would you anticipate him all of sudden being able to make those throws? When the team studied the Broncos, they saw Tebow beating other defenses with his feet - not his arm. Therefore I'm sure every player on that defense was focused more on coming up to make tackles than defending the pass. And that was warranted. Tebow beat us, I'm not going to be sour about it - but no one wants to point out how flukey those throws were. The touchdown pass to Royal in the endzone somehow just ended up in his arm. If you watch the replay, Royal doesn't even know the ball is there until it's in his grasp.

Anyhow, Ike is a great player and one of my favorite Steelers of all time. I'm excited to have him on this team for years to come. Can't see him doing anything less than retiring as a Steeler.

st33lersguy
01-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Ike has been solid all year up until that point. Remember when we were all complaining that Ike got snubbed from the pro bowl?

The Duke
01-14-2012, 10:54 AM
The Steelers didn't see it on film, so why would you anticipate him all of sudden being able to make those throws? When the team studied the Broncos, they saw Tebow beating other defenses with his feet - not his arm

this is exactly how I feel

Which is why I think the patriots will once again expose him. 32nd ranked defense or not, he's in for a rough day

ShutDown24
01-14-2012, 11:32 AM
this is exactly how I feel

Which is why I think the patriots will once again expose him. 32nd ranked defense or not, he's in for a rough day

I agree. I hate to call it a "fluke" that Tebow made such fine throws, but unless he has somehow managed to alter his entire game overnight; I can't stack it up to much else.

Also, I don't think people are making a big enough deal out of the advantage Josh McDaniels gives to New England's staff this week. That guy put in countless hours working with Tebow after the Broncos drafted him. He knows exactly what throws Tebow can and can't make. That's a huge benefit.

katmandu
01-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Ike is a very good Cornerback. He had a bad game, but so did the entire defense. And I keep seeing comments indicating Ike was lazy during the loss, but up until that game - Tebow hadn't made throws of that caliber.

The Steelers didn't see it on film, so why would you anticipate him all of sudden being able to make those throws? When the team studied the Broncos, they saw Tebow beating other defenses with his feet - not his arm.THey also failed to adjust after they realized Tebow was playing out of his mind and actually capable of throwing STRIKES.

The took his arm for granted and paid the ultimate price for it.

ShutDown24
01-15-2012, 07:00 AM
THey also failed to adjust after they realized Tebow was playing out of his mind and actually capable of throwing STRIKES.

The took his arm for granted and paid the ultimate price for it.

That's true, but I can't blame LeBeau for playing the odds. Even after Tebow completed those initial passes, I was shocked when he sustained it.