PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward: Pittsburgh Steelers still 'have a legitimate chance of making the playoff

LLT
07-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Hines Ward: Pittsburgh Steelers still 'have a legitimate chance of making the playoffs'
Jul 07, 2010
-- Sean Leahy

The Pittsburgh Steelers have lost Willie Colon for the season, have traded away former Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes and will be without Ben Roethlisberger during his 4-6 game suspension.

But Hines Ward remains the soul of the team, and he doesn't expect the Steelers' play to slip simply because they've lost big names.

He told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:

"It seems like every year we won the Super Bowl, nobody gave us a chance to win the Super Bowl, and when everybody thought we were going to win it, we didn't make the playoffs. We don't buy into all that stuff. Every year we know we have a legitimate chance of making the playoffs. There's teams in the league that can't say that, can't say they have a legitimate chance of winning the Super Bowl. Every year, we have the core group of guys that can get it done."

Ward, 34, is entering his 13th season after catching 95 balls last year. He said he doesn't know how much longer he will play.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/hines-ward-pittsburgh-steelers-still-have-a-legitimate-chance-of-making-the-playoffs/1

SteelerEmpire
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
If anyone knows what their talking about on this matter, its Hines Ward. If anyone knows what Hines Ward is talking about, its the real Steeler fans... gonna be an interesting year....

solardave
07-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I can't wait to prove the critics wrong and collect #7.

vasteeler
07-07-2010, 10:32 AM
thats when you fell sorry for teams like the browns or the lions they know the 2010 season is already over for them. its nice to know that every year we have a realistic shot

BuddhaBus
07-07-2010, 10:37 AM
I don't know, guys... we DID lose Limas after all. :scratchchin::rolleyes2:

steeldevil
07-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Hopefully Hines is spreading that mentality to all of the young players as well. Great attitude, dont let anything hold you down as a player or team!

Dino 6 Rings
07-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Its better we lose Colon in the off season, instead of the 2nd play from scrimmage in game 1. Now we can adjust accordingly.

I like to think the Defense is coming into the season with a serious chip on its shoulder after letting down the team, the fans, and themselves last year time and time again. Plus, all they heard is how they 'couldn't finish' over and over and over.

Looking to collect Teeth this year!

Galax Steeler
07-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Its better we lose Colon in the off season, instead of the 2nd play from scrimmage in game 1. Now we can adjust accordingly.

I like to think the Defense is coming into the season with a serious chip on its shoulder after letting down the team, the fans, and themselves last year time and time again. Plus, all they heard is how they 'couldn't finish' over and over and over.

Looking to collect Teeth this year!

The only thing that really worries me about our defense is the corners they gave up alot of big plays last year.

Dino 6 Rings
07-07-2010, 05:00 PM
yeah, but the corners were over compensating for the loss of Troy and we got Mac back. So it should be much better. Plus those big plays also do have a lot to do with safeties being out of the play, mis reads and what not due to confusion.

I am confident we destroy the Falcons week 1.

steeldevil
07-07-2010, 05:06 PM
yeah, but the corners were over compensating for the loss of Troy and we got Mac back. So it should be much better. Plus those big plays also do have a lot to do with safeties being out of the play, mis reads and what not due to confusion.

I am confident we destroy the Falcons week 1.

I agree the defense will be back to its lod dominance with Aaron and Troy back, but to say we will "Destroy" the falcons may be a little much. There are too many question marks with our offense to make that statement. It is possible that we could beat them convincingly, but that would require a great effort on both sides of the ball. I think we win but not by more than a TD.

ALLD
07-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Ward has always been under the radar except when he was jacking up some unfortunate secondary back. You know, when he held out that one off-season, we came back and won the big one because he among others were motivated to play as a team. Rooney handled that situation perfectly with a little help from the Bus. My instincts are Ward has at most 2 seasons left. Remember, it's not playing the games, it's the conditioning and practices is what players are paid to do. Most players would play for free.

salamander
07-07-2010, 06:22 PM
I actually have a good feeling about this season. Hopefully the Steelers prove me right!

Killer
07-07-2010, 07:18 PM
I can't wait to prove the critics wrong and collect #7.

aye

same here