PDA

View Full Version : Harrison destroys knees legally per request of Roger Goodell

stillers4me
01-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Steelers Depot
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/01/james-harrison-destroys-knees-legally-per-request-of-roger-goodell/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers +Depot+Blog%29&utm_content=FaceBook

Devilsdancefloor
01-09-2012, 07:50 PM
when it happened my son said ouch he isnt coming back, but harrison isnt gonna get fined that was way legal

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 09:19 PM
i saw two hits where broncos' players led with helmet, but no flag and certainly no fines.

steelerdude15
01-09-2012, 09:25 PM
There's been an increase in leg injuries this year compared to head injuries. This is what happens when you try to eliminate hitting people high. It's robbing Peter to pay Paul.

steelreserve
01-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Damn right. This was another one I was going to comment on yesterday until I got too drunk and forgot. Something to the effect of, ”nice, Goodell, you finally got what you wished for.” It was only a matter of time before this type of shit started happening. You feel bad for Decker because it's not his fault, but maybe now that something like this happened on a national stage it'll make people think twice about whether Roger's Rules are worth even a tiny fraction of a shit. (hint: no.)

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 09:46 PM
There's been an increase in leg injuries this year compared to head injuries. This is what happens when you try to eliminate hitting people high. It's robbing Peter to pay Paul.

What do you base that claim off of?

zulater
01-10-2012, 05:47 AM
i saw two hits where broncos' players led with helmet, but no flag and certainly no fines.

Yeah Wallace was hit with a helmet to helmet hit on an incompletion, I think in the first quarter on a 3rd down play, that had it been called would have sustained a early drive and could have changed the course of the game. I think Simms reffered to it as a "rough hit" or something like that. Anyway I remember thinking at the time, if that had been Ryan Clark hitting a "defenseless receiver" the refs would be all over it. And even if they had missed it the network commentators would have made a huge to do about it, insuring that Clark would have been suspended for the following game.

Very frustrating. I wish they'd just let them play football, and no player on a football field should be considered "defesenless" while in an upright position imo. But being as that's not the rule of the day, please be uniform and fair and enforce the rules for all teams equally.

suitanim
01-10-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm not so sure Harrison WON"T get fined. Since when did legality of hits have anything to do with fines? We see plays that don't get penalized fines all the time.

tube517
01-10-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm not so sure Harrison WON"T get fined. Since when did legality of hits have anything to do with fines? We see plays that don't get penalized fines all the time.

He will get fined for the "late" hit on Tebow.

Steeldude
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah Wallace was hit with a helmet to helmet hit on an incompletion, I think in the first quarter on a 3rd down play, that had it been called would have sustained a early drive and could have changed the course of the game. I think Simms reffered to it as a "rough hit" or something like that. Anyway I remember thinking at the time, if that had been Ryan Clark hitting a "defenseless receiver" the refs would be all over it. And even if they had missed it the network commentators would have made a huge to do about it, insuring that Clark would have been suspended for the following game.

Very frustrating. I wish they'd just let them play football, and no player on a football field should be considered "defesenless" while in an upright position imo. But being as that's not the rule of the day, please be uniform and fair and enforce the rules for all teams equally.

BR was also illegally hit by ayers when he led and made contact with his helmet. of course there was no call.

O'Malley
01-10-2012, 03:15 PM
BR was also illegally hit by ayers when he led and made contact with his helmet. of course there was no call.

BR never gets the calls because he's big and extends the play...:deadhorse:I don't even expect calls for him anymore.. But I will say the "late hit" on Teblow was crap..

fansince'76
01-10-2012, 03:18 PM

I won't be the least bit surprised if he's suspended for the first two games next season.