PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Hangover Rears Its Ugly Head Again

stillers4me
01-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Inevitably we are going to want to break down the game as if we are all part of the coaching staff and figure out just what the crap went wrong yesterday in Denver. We can’t help it. We’re yinzers. We were born and bred to question coaching decisions, scream at the ref’s calls, and criticize the players. It’s a tough thing to deal with every year when the Steelers season is over. It will always happen, and unfortunately it doesn’t always come with a victory parade.

Steeler Nation is spoiled rotten. I’m not trying to bash any of us or say we should just shrug our shoulders and say, “Oh well, we’ll get’em next year!” But no matter how upsetting and shocking yesterday’s loss was there’s no reason to spend today walking around like someone just shot our dog. I’m as guilty as the next fan of taking the losses too hard. I didn’t play a snap in the game but I got home last night and screamed into my pillow out of frustration. With six Lombardi trophies sitting in the case, it’s hard to settle for anything less than another one.

Whether or not anyone wants to admit it at this point, it was a successful season for the Black & Gold (http://boringpittsburgh.com/tag/black-and-yellow).........

Read more @ http://boringpittsburgh.com/go-steelers/steelers-hangover-rears-its-ugly-head-again/

BigNastyDefense
01-09-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't see how this is in any shape or form a hangover from being in the Super Bowl the season before. We went 12-4 on the regular season, but towards the end we got really beat up.

Players that were out going into the game or missed time in the game due to injuries:

Clark, Mendenhall, Hampton, Keisel, Woodley all off the top of my head, there may have even been more. Not to mention Ben was playing on a bum ankle.

SteelerEmpire
01-09-2012, 07:53 PM
It's all theoretical. But the Packers actually won the SB and didn't have a hangover ? Would have been cool if this team actually became what they call a "dynasty", but I'll count this teams blessings and look over their shoulders at teams like the Browns, Bengals, Lions, etc... could've been much, much, much worse. But, it also could have been better... on the other side of the coin.