Miller
Brown
Ward
Wallace
Sanders
Cotchery
Johnson

In that order.

But somebody forgot to tell the new guys you have no room for error in playoff games.

I couldn't find any stats on dropped passes vs. catch's ? Hopefully if there is any it can give us an idea who Ben can depend on "the most".

stillers4me
01-09-2012, 05:40 PM
I think Cotchery should be higher. I know he dropped one yesterday but that was unusual for him. He's got good hands.

GBMelBlount
01-09-2012, 05:43 PM
I think Brown has some of the best hands of any receiver in the NFL.

Well. At the close of the 2011 season, I see this with the WR's:

I think our most sure handed receivers are:

Miller
Brown
Ward
Wallace
Sanders
Cotchery
Johnson

In that order.

But somebody forgot to tell the new guys you have no room for error in playoff games.

Galax Steeler
01-09-2012, 05:45 PM
I think Cotchery should be higher. I know he dropped one yesterday but that was unusual for him. He's got good hands.

I think you might be able to put him infront of Sanders but nothing else.

BlastFurnace
01-09-2012, 05:47 PM
IMO, Brown is the Steelers best receiver.

The guy is electric.

ALLD
01-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Brown is our new #1 receiver and team MVP.

The Duke
01-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Usually we can't complain about our receivers dropping passes, but they sure did drop a lot this year. Maybe it comes with the territory of being a pass first offense?

I'd put Grisham on that list too. This will be his 4th year and he's out of PS eligibility, he'll make a last push for the roster, and you always hear Ben praising his hands

GBMelBlount
01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Yes, Brown is arguable the most valuable but even speaking to the question of this thread regarding the most "sure handed" receivers, Brown has simply made some very difficult catches...I mean downright amazing.....and his ability to make adjustments while the ball is in the air is incredible. I just cannot get over this kid.

He is TRULY special.

Psycho Ward 86
01-09-2012, 08:36 PM
for Brown it's not just the hands themselves that make those catches, it's that incredible body control to complement it. Even better than Santonio, i dont think people even remember how good he was at it because Brown has made him an after thought

st33lersguy
01-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Wallace suffered from Limas Sweed Hands Syndrome over the last few weeks of the season, dropping plenty of passes

katmandu
01-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Stonehands Taylor has better hands than Johnson !!

GodfatherofSoul
01-09-2012, 11:17 PM
I've never been able to get a good look at routes, but is Wallace drawing so much heat that he's making Brown look better than he is? I'd hate to dump our money on another Bryce Paup.

NCSteeler
01-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Wallace has disappeared and not due to coverage. The guy is dropping balls and not having the body control . Twice if he could have got his body turned after the catch he could have took it up the sidelines but went out of bounds. Brown seems pretty good and I like Manny too, but Cotchery seems to be the clutch guy that Ben finds on 3rd down or 4th when he needs too. I see Cotchery as a natural replacement for Wards skill set.

mortgageman
01-10-2012, 09:34 AM
I think WR is one of our strong suits going into next year. Remember, Wallace is still really young, so he should improve as long as he is willing to work hard. I had mentioned earlier in the year, that i wondered if all the media attention and praise got to his head a little bit. Brown and Sanders should only get better as well as long as they put the work in to do so. I think Sanders can really take a big step forward if he can stay healthy. Cotchery is a great compliment to those three. Heath is reliable but is so unathletic, its crazy. Every time he catches a short pass, the first defender to get to him always makes the tackle. I'm not sure I've ever seen him make a guy miss in the open field.

tube517
01-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Every time he catches a short pass, the first defender to get to him always makes the tackle.

Probably his biggest weakness. He goes down almost immediately by the first defender.

NCSteeler
01-10-2012, 11:38 PM
I must be watching different games, this season 41% of his yards came after the catch. Gronkowski has 49% and Jimmy Graham has 35%

steelerdude15
01-11-2012, 12:09 AM
I honestly wish Manny would get more chances. It would be awesome if Mikey, Manny, and Antonio all had one thousand yards receiving one year.