PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor: “I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time”

polamalubeast
01-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/651/ike-taylor), who was repeatedly burned by Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5700/demaryius-thomas) in Sunday night’s loss, has offered an apology.

Taylor wrote on Twitter after the game that he was sorry for the way he had played.

“First off congrats too tebow and the broncos,” Taylor wrote (https://twitter.com/#!/Ike_SwagginU). “Second I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time apologize to my teammates steelernation and family. Luv y’all to def.”.............

Read more :
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/ike-taylor-i-apologize-for-playing-the-worst-game-at-the-wrong-time/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/ike-taylor-i-apologize-for-playing-the-worst-game-at-the-wrong-time/)

stillers4me
01-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Don't worry Ike. We love you to def, too!! :lol:

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/651/ike-taylor), who was repeatedly burned by Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5700/demaryius-thomas) in Sunday night’s loss, has offered an apology.

Taylor wrote on Twitter after the game that he was sorry for the way he had played.

“First off congrats too tebow and the broncos,” Taylor wrote (https://twitter.com/#!/Ike_SwagginU). “Second I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time apologize to my teammates steelernation and family. Luv y’all to def.”.............

Read more :
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/ike-taylor-i-apologize-for-playing-the-worst-game-at-the-wrong-time/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/ike-taylor-i-apologize-for-playing-the-worst-game-at-the-wrong-time/)

it's one thing to get burned, but getting burned because you are lazy in coverage is another. next time earn your pay raise.

SMR
01-09-2012, 05:52 PM
it's one thing to get burned, but getting burned because you are lazy in coverage is another. next time earn your pay raise.

Amen! Especially DURING THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!

Moose
01-09-2012, 06:25 PM

DITTO---- :(

( Luv y'all to def ) ? Another grad of spelling for dummies course. LOL And the money they make LMAO !!

Psycho Ward 86
01-09-2012, 07:04 PM

lazy? Really, of all people? Ike is notoriously recognized as one of the hardest workers on the team by the coaching, you know, the guy who SEE HIM EVERYDAY. Looked more like a lack of respect for Tebow's throwing ability (just like most of the rest of the team) and some nice double moves by DT. But yeah he stunk up the joint.

katmandu
01-09-2012, 07:08 PM
lazy? Really, of all people? Ike is notoriously recognized as one of the hardest workers on the team by the coaching, you know, the guy who SEE HIM EVERYDAY. Looked more like a lack of respect for Tebow's throwing ability (just like most of the rest of the team) and some nice double moves by DT. But yeah he stunk up the joint.x2.

SteelGhost
01-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Ok Ike, but DON'T do it again PLEASE !!!!

SteelerEmpire
01-09-2012, 07:14 PM
From LeBeau down to Gay, everybody on the defense sucked last night. The Bronco's only scored what, only 1 td the last 3 games ? Then put up over 300 yds on the # 1 pass D.... :faint: ... an atomic meltdown on the Steelers part.

Buckinnuts
01-09-2012, 07:38 PM
swag on this Ike!:buttkick:

stillers4me
01-09-2012, 07:39 PM
swag on this Ike!:buttkick:

:lol: You know you still love him to def.

Buckinnuts
01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
:lol: You know you still love him to def.
NO WAY IN HELL WILL THAT EVER HAPPEN..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Psycho Ward 86
01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
From LeBeau down to Gay, everybody on the defense sucked last night. The Bronco's only scored what, only 1 td the last 3 games ? Then put up over 300 yds on the # 1 pass D.... :faint: ... an atomic meltdown on the Steelers part.

1 TD on the last 22 drives before that game!

Devilsdancefloor
01-09-2012, 07:46 PM
All you hating on Ike must NEVER had a bad day at the office. Shit happens he got burned and he owned up too it how many of you who screw the pooch at the office man up too it??

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 09:24 PM
lazy? Really, of all people? Ike is notoriously recognized as one of the hardest workers on the team by the coaching, you know, the guy who SEE HIM EVERYDAY. Looked more like a lack of respect for Tebow's throwing ability (just like most of the rest of the team) and some nice double moves by DT. But yeah he stunk up the joint.

i know he is a had working player, but he looked lazy in coverage. i am referring to this game : ) i believe they said tomlin warned the DBs about getting lazy because passes may not be thrown their way that often.

Looked more like a lack of respect for Tebow's throwing ability

to me that's being lazy. never assume the QB can't complete a pass.

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 09:26 PM
All you hating on Ike must NEVER had a bad day at the office. Shit happens he got burned and he owned up too it how many of you who screw the pooch at the office man up too it??

who said anything about hate?

steelerdude15
01-09-2012, 09:27 PM
At least he's admitted that he made mistakes and isn't throwing others under the bus. It will just have to be a learning experience Ike.

HometownGal
01-10-2012, 05:07 AM

:applaudit: :thumbsup: Best post of the thread.

And Ike - this diehard Steelers fan still loves you to def too. :hug:

P.S. And Scott - I wuv you to def. :hug: :heh:

GoSlash27
01-10-2012, 05:47 AM
There was a whole lot more wrong on our defense than just Ike's coverage.

tube517
01-10-2012, 09:20 AM

No hate from me. Ike is a Pro Bowl caliber CB and an integral part of the defense. If he says he had a bad day, it should be left at that. He owned up to it and it's over. I can't wait till next year.

The Duke
01-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Think Ike might come back next season with new found motivation- super bowl in New Orleans

for that matter, Clark too

Dino 6 Rings
01-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Shiiit happens. Good season, not a SB Win but also, not a AFC Title Game or SB Loss...so I can deal.

The WH
01-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I acutally thought that I heard somewhere that they found Ike Taylor tied up in a closet somewhere after the game with a note pinned to his chest "Thanks for lending me your uniform for the night. It was one hell of a last hurrah. -C.Scott"

might just be a rumor though.

SMR
01-11-2012, 04:27 PM
There is one thing wrong with Ike's phrase, "I apologize for playing the worst game at the WRONG time..." When is it a right time to play like that?

No excuse for being lazy in that game (especially with the nice pay raise ya got)!

Duh!

steel striker
01-12-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm over it and, all of us have had bad days. Atleast he owned up to it because, as we all know not alot of players would have.

tube517
01-12-2012, 03:53 PM
I acutally thought that I heard somewhere that they found Ike Taylor tied up in a closet somewhere after the game with a note pinned to his chest "Thanks for lending me your uniform for the night. It was one hell of a last hurrah. -C.Scott"

might just be a rumor though.

:rofl2: or it was signed by Dewayne Washington who was easily as bad as Chad.

slippy
01-12-2012, 04:24 PM
well, if harrison does not get sucked into the middle by the running back fake about 9 times, thereby letting tebow escape to his left and throw downfield, then ike maybe does not look quite at bad today!!!

GBMelBlount
01-12-2012, 07:06 PM
I actually wondered if he had diarrhea or had perhaps shit himself and it was causing him to lose focus.

How could you choose a playoff game not to show up and play?

Psycho Ward 86
01-12-2012, 09:18 PM
There is one thing wrong with Ike's phrase, "I apologize for playing the worst game at the WRONG time..." When is it a right time to play like that?

No excuse for being lazy in that game (especially with the nice pay raise ya got)!

Duh!

I actually wondered if he had diarrhea or had perhaps shit himself and it was causing him to lose focus.

How could you choose a playoff game not to show up and play?

you guys are looking waaay too hard into this

GBMelBlount
01-12-2012, 09:44 PM
you guys are looking waaay too hard into this

Looking waaay too hard?

These are just simple thoughts.....I will type slower next time...promise. :chuckle:

Count Steeler
01-13-2012, 05:27 AM
Got to give some credit to Thomas. If Wallace had laid a beating on Revis, we would all be shouting from the rooftops about how great Wallace is.

I fault Lebeau for not adjusting the defense to give Ike more help. Or I fault the player assigned to give Ike help and did not execute.
1 or 2 deep passes, yeah, shit happens. 5 deep completions? Wake up guys!

zulater
01-13-2012, 11:21 AM
I applaud Ike for being a stand up guy after a bad game. :applaudit:

But he's only partially to blame. Clearly that match up wasn't favorable to him. The coach has to help him out with safety help. But in defense of LeBeau. Losing Hampton and Keisel early didn't help. And as a result of losing Keisel I think Harrison overplayed his position and got suckered a few times by Tebow. And as a result of Harrison's misplays I think LeBeau felt compelled to commit Mundy to the line of scrimmage.

Now of course had we had Ryan Clark his instinct might have taken over on a few of those long balls. Maybe he would have seen it a players stance, Tebow's eyes , some sort of "tell"( as poker players put it) from a receiver or lineman, that would have put him on the play. And then Ike would have had the help he needed.

I guess what it comes down to, is that in my opinion, give us Troy and Ike together and healthy, and no way in hell does Tebow complete all those long passes. Even if Ike is playing on a Pirate's peg leg! We gave up more long passes in one game than we did for all of the season combined! If you want to take that as excuse making i don't give a shit. In my opinion the loss of Ryan Clark for this game was the single biggest reason we lost. Nothing against Mundy, but Clark is just that important to our scheme.