polamalubeast
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I can not believe that Tebow has made ​​310 yards yesterday..unbelievable

It is very painful right now

NJarhead
01-09-2012, 01:27 PM

You're not alone. This one definitely stings. Any one play during that Ravens game and we don't even have to play last night. If Pouncey's in there, we kick a FG before the half. Crap like this has been going through my head over and over.

Godfather
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I thought it was 316, as in John 3:16.

BlastFurnace
01-09-2012, 02:47 PM

Congrats on your 4000th post :>)

Edman
01-09-2012, 03:12 PM
You'll get over it. When you look back this team was on a downturn for weeks now. Torn down by injuries, inconsistency, and bad play on the road. The balloon just popped.

The 2011 season was a less lame version of 2009. There were some great wins here and there, but the championship spark and intensity wasn't there. Losing twice to Baltimore in rather pathetic fashion proved that. Dominating New England but still keeping the score close, Struggling on the road, Red Zone problems... the magic wasn't there this year.

tube517
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
You'll get over it. This team was on a downturn for weeks now. The balloon just popped.

I know I'm already over it. My expectations were low because of injuries. Standard is the standard is a bunch of hocus pocus to me. This team, when fully healthy, can play with ANYBODY. XLV, XXX and the 94 AFCC game hurt more than this.

NJarhead
01-09-2012, 03:16 PM
You'll get over it. This team was on a downturn for weeks now. The balloon just popped.

A couple weeks ago I was saying, we'll get healthy going into the playoffs and the rest of the NFL is in trouble. I truly believed that. So hard to accept how different things could have been and almost were.

polamalubeast
01-09-2012, 03:32 PM
You'll get over it. When you look back this team was on a downturn for weeks now. Torn down by injuries, inconsistency, and bad play on the road. The balloon just popped.

The 2011 season was a less lame version of 2009. There were some great wins here and there, but the championship spark and intensity wasn't there. Losing twice to Baltimore in rather pathetic fashion proved that. Dominating New England but still keeping the score close, Struggling on the road, Red Zone problems... the magic wasn't there this year.

I know, but it still hurts.

But 2009 was worse for me than this year.

It's a terrible feeling of missing the playoffs.

The 2006 season has been the worst for me, because it was embarrassing to start the season 2-6 and the number of interception of Roethlisberger was ridiculous.

In 2010, the Steelers lost the Super Bowl, but its been a great season because of a bad off season than the Steelers had and the two wins against the Ravens was an incredible moment.

Right now, the defeat is painful.

I have the same feeling that I had when the Steelers had lost against the Jaguars in 2007.

Of course, the feeling after the defeat in the Super Bowl was worse, but after, I realized it was an amazing season.

BlastFurnace
01-09-2012, 03:38 PM
It's not nearly as bad as 1994 was.

polamalubeast
01-09-2012, 03:43 PM
It's not nearly as bad as 1994 was.

I was only 5 years old in 1994, but looking at the stats of the game against the Chargers, I can not understand why the Steelers have lost this game.

They dominated for 470-230 yards and the two teams had one turnovers.

How the Steelers have done to lose this game?

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 03:45 PM
the steelers often play down to inferior opponents.

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I was only 5 years old in 1994, but looking at the stats of the game against the Chargers, I can not understand why the Steelers have lost this game.

the didn't step on the chargers throat. the steelers need a killer instinct. stop playing ball when the clock hits zero

tube517
01-09-2012, 03:53 PM

The Chargers were a far inferior opponent but they hung around. Just like yesterday, they couldn't put the Chargers away and only had a 10 pt lead. Their "top" defense was beaten twice by a no name receiver and a TE named Alfred Pupunu (Who?) It was a bad, sickening feeling worse than yesterday. And the Steelers were healthy with big RBs and a top OL.

BlastFurnace
01-09-2012, 04:47 PM

It had been 15 years since the 1979 SuperBowl and Steelers fans everywhere were confident that it was the Steelers year. Cowher Power was in full bloom at the time.

O'Donnell hit John L. Williams for a quick score to put them up 7-0. I also remember a stellar goal line stand to stop Natrone Means on 4th down. The Steelers went up 13-3, but as everyone said, they couldn't put the Chargers away.

They were so close. O'Donnell hit Eric Green in the redzone and it looked like the Steelers would punch it in and win 20-17, but it didn't work out that way.

I didn't watch ESPN or listen to Sports Talk radio (only one sports radio station in Dallas at the time) for a month.

The complete game is on youtube, but I still don't want to watch it.

HometownGal
01-09-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm already over the loss and looking forward to the draft and next season. I never go into any season with any type of expectation from either the Steelers or Pens. Injuries to key players played a huge role in how this season ended - when both Big Snack and Keisel went out last night, I knew we were in big trouble. Not having Ryan Clark back there also was a huge negative but I'm glad Tomlin decided to keep him out because of what happened to him before in that high altitude.

st33lersguy
01-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Look on the bright side, had they won, with how pitiful the defense played, Brady would have likely set a playoff record for passing yards in a single game

SteelerFanInStl
01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I won't get over this game any time soon. There's really just no excuse to lose to such an inferior opponent. 5 30+ yard pass completions is ridiculous, especially when you give up an 80 yarder for a TD on the first play in OT.

tihmtahm
01-09-2012, 05:36 PM
I think out of all the injuries, Ben's was the one that impacted the most. He wasn't mobile and that's his bread and butter. With a better healed ankle he would have torn up that Broncos D. My hat's off to Tebow though... He made some great passes when he needed to. He reminded me of Ben the way he scampered away from our defenders yesterday. With our Steelers out of contention, I hope the Broncos keep the magic going against the Pats!

Galax Steeler
01-09-2012, 05:40 PM
With injuries and all I am kind of surprised, I thought we would get by the Teblows and company but didn't expect much after that.

stillers4me
01-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm already over the loss and looking forward to the draft and next season. I never go into any season with any type of expectation from either the Steelers or Pens. Injuries to key players played a huge role in how this season ended - when both Big Snack and Keisel went out last night, I knew we were in big trouble. Not having Ryan Clark back there also was a huge negative but I'm glad Tomlin decided to keep him out because of what happened to him before in that high altitude.

It was absolutely the right decision.

Moose
01-09-2012, 06:20 PM

Exactly how I felt. Good post.

katmandu
01-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Even TJ WhoseUrMama feels our pain! :toofunny:

http://www.katmanduonline.net/pics/Steelers/DejectedTJ.jpg

SteelGhost
01-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm over it already and looking for the changes for the 2012 season, The Steelers need to RELOAD both lines and a capable backup QB.

NCSteeler
01-09-2012, 11:45 PM
The older I get the easier the losses are to get over. I really didn't expect much after the second Balt lose and actually that one was harder to get over.

suitanim
01-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Getting beat by Tebow in the circumstance we were in is a lot like getting shot, blown up, set on fire, put out, set BACK on fire, then having a 5 year old kid walk up and spit on you. The damage done that put you in a position where he was able to spit on you was done long ago, but it's still embarrassing to have it happen.

polamalubeast
01-10-2012, 09:44 AM
I still can not believe that Tebow has made ​​316 yards.

It's so frustrating especially since I think the game of Tebow is a fluke.