PDA

View Full Version : Don't put all the blame for loss on Taylor

stillers4me
01-09-2012, 11:54 AM
One by one, Steelers front-office people, coaches and players stopped by to console cornerback Ike Taylor. Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau was first. Owner Dan Rooney and general manager Kevin Colbert. Players Ryan Clark, Casey Hampton and Keenan Lewis. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was the last. He practically lifted Taylor out of his chair and hugged him.

"I just told him I loved him," Roethlisberger said later. "I know he's beating himself up. I told him not to do that. I told him he's still one of the best cornerbacks in the league to me."..........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12009/1202347-87-0.stm#ixzz1iz6fEOAc

XxKnightxX
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
I dont think anyone is. I basically stopped watching this game after halftime since i had to go to work. But the team as a whole went in there unprepared and just flat out embarrased themselves in front of millions of people watching and even in front of all the Steelers fans in that stadium. I think the tank on this groups gas has finally run out.

mortgageman
01-09-2012, 12:04 PM
I agree that the team looked flat. I wasn't even sure if Woodley was playing until that fumble fell in his lap. And where was Harrison this year? I know he had back problems going into the year and had the eye issue that kept him out of a couple games, but he used to be a dominant players mentioned with guys like Demarcus Ware. He doesnt seem to have it anymore. I think our entire defense is predicated on the two OLBs being able to generate pressure. The lack of that this year was our biggest problem. It is why we had so few turnovers. Lack of turnovers just makes an old defense stay on the field longer, which takes its toll during a long season.

Devilsdancefloor
01-09-2012, 12:05 PM
his PI call was bogus, but he was beat all day, i am sure he knows i and will beat himself all off season, but i hope this motivates him. i personally am just chalking it all up too a bad day for all and beginning to just accept the loss.

BigNastyDefense
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
If Ben is healthy, I think we win the game to be honest. But before and during the game, we became a freaking MASH unit. I really think we were just too beat up to win this game.

Did Taylor have a shit game after a spectacular season? Yeah, I expected better from him. But I can't lay all the blame on him. If the offense would have been more effective, we wouldn't have been in such a hole. It didn't help the defense that we went three-and-out a bunch of times.

tube517
01-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Ike said he had a bad game and it should be left at that. He'll be back strong next year.

ALLD
01-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Good thing he singed that contract already. Wallace lost some money this season.

NJarhead
01-09-2012, 12:51 PM
his PI call was bogus, but he was beat all day, i am sure he knows i and will beat himself all off season, but i hope this motivates him. i personally am just chalking it all up too a bad day for all and beginning to just accept the loss.

Yep and Harrison got MUGGED on that play too. I was furious.

BigNastyDefense
01-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Another thing about Harrison, it must be legal to fucking hold him all the time. I am always seeing a tackle with his arm wrapped around Silverback's neck....but it's never fucking called!

NJarhead
01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Another thing about Harrison, it must be legal to fucking hold him all the time. I am always seeing a tackle with his arm wrapped around Silverback's neck....but it's never fucking called!

Nope. I wonder if the refs turn a blind eye because of how vocal he's been. It is aggravating to watch though.

Regardless, even though the officiating was crappy, it was crappy for both sides (probably helped us more than hurt us) so there's no way I blame them.

BigNastyDefense
01-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Nope. I wonder if the refs turn a blind eye because of how vocal he's been. It is aggravating to watch though.

Regardless, even though the officiating was crappy, it was crappy for both sides (probably helped us more than hurt us) so there's no way I blame them.

Yeah, I am not blaming them, that was more a commentary on the entire season when it comes to officiating Harrison.

NJarhead
01-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I am not blaming them, that was more a commentary on the entire season when it comes to officiating Harrison.

I know it Brutha. :drink:

The Duke
01-09-2012, 01:45 PM

true

but to be fair, J Scott was doing the same thing and they never called it either. I just think they've decided not to called holds on LTs for the "quarterback's safety"

SteelerEmpire
01-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't think they mentioned all the dropped balls from our steel hands WR's (in that game). I hope this team doesn't develop a big problem with inconsistency and becoming injury prone.

Edman
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Can you blame him for beating himself up? He was abused and embarrassed by Tim Tebow.

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 03:43 PM
And where was Harrison this year?

getting held as usual and having an absurd roughing passer flag thrown on him

fansince'76
01-09-2012, 03:52 PM
getting held as usual and having an absurd roughing passer flag thrown on him

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets suspended for the first two games next season over it either. :coffee:

stillers4me
01-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets suspended for the first two games next season over it either. :coffee:

I thought the same thing. If we had won, would Goodhell have suspended him next week.

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Harrison surprise us all and retire. He's a marked man. It's not going away.

Count Steeler
01-09-2012, 04:06 PM
I thought the same thing. If we had won, would Goodhell have suspended him next week.

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Harrison surprise us all and retire. He's a marked man. It's not going away.

I was thinking along the same lines.

GBMelBlount
01-09-2012, 04:39 PM
I chalk the loss up to too many old players, too many super bowl rings and too many injuries.

We need to get younger, hungrier and healthier.

SteelerEmpire
01-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Can you blame him for beating himself up? He was abused and embarrassed by Tim Tebow.

Not only that. But the guy Ike was covering, #88 (I can't even remember his name) seemed bigger, stronger AND faster than Ike. I'm pretty sure Wallace can now, for sure, take Ike in a foot race... lol.

GBMelBlount
01-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Not only that. But the guy Ike was covering, #88 (I can't even remember his name) seemed bigger, stronger AND faster than Ike. I'm pretty sure Wallace can now, for sure, take Ike in a foot race... lol.

Taylor may have tweaked something and it was not disclosed. You just never know.

Fully healthy I will still put my money on Ike (as long as it is a relatively small wager. :chuckle: )