PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger comments against changing coordinators

BlastFurnace
01-09-2012, 03:59 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/08/ben-roethlisberger-warns-against-changing-coordinators/

The Steelers are favorites on Sunday in Denver. If Pittsburgh can win, it will set up the first Steelers-Patriots playoff game since Ben Roethlisberger’s rookie season.

There have been a lot of changes on the Steelers offense since 2004. They are more of a spread attack now built around Roethlisberger and his young receivers. The power running game is largely gone.

If the Steelers happen to get upset in Denver Sunday, Roethlisberger warns against making changes. He doesn’t want offensive coordinator Bruce Arians going anywhere.

“We’ve got something special here,” Roethlisberger said this week via Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We’ve got a lot of great young players. As long as they don’t get crazy and change the offense — that can really set you back — the sky is the limit for this team.”

The part about changing the offense was unprompted; Roethlisberger was sending a clear message to management. He knows that Arians isn’t overly popular in Pittsburgh despite record setting numbers for the team’s offense.

We can’t imagine the Steelers would make a change now from Arians. Most folks clinging to the “Steelers must pound the ball” approach realize Big Ben, Antonio Brown, and Mike Wallace are the strength of this offense.

Of course, the best way Roethlisberger can help Arians is to keep winning playoff games.

“I love this time of year,” Roethlisberger said. “I love playing in these games.”

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 04:06 AM
Not really any good reason to fire Arians. Especially after today. He didn't do anything glaringly wrong in the loss.

XxKnightxX
01-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Get Ben a god damn O line and then well see how this Arians Offense is all about.

Burghfan58
01-09-2012, 05:23 AM
I don't want Arians fired. I was hoping he would retire.

HometownGal
01-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Not really any good reason to fire Arians. Especially after today. He didn't do anything glaringly wrong in the loss.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

GoSlash27
01-09-2012, 05:34 AM
What about that glaringly obvious bubble screen involving a backward pass that should've been a fumble? We dodged a bullet there.
The only time our offense was on track was when Ben was calling the plays.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 05:36 AM
What about that glaringly obvious bubble screen involving a backward pass that should've been a fumble? We dodged a bullet there.

Your point being? The bubble screen has been an asset all year long. Let's not let one miscue change the thought process. That's the definiton of a knee-jerk reaction.

zulater
01-09-2012, 06:05 AM

Very true. That would have been game over right there if it had been called correctly. We shouldn't be misled by the final score, and believe this come down to one play. The truth is if that play had been called correctly by the refs, or if Champ Bailey holds onto a ball right in his hands in the end zone a couple plays before the tying touchdown, then this game would have been a decisive loss, and no one would be excusing the offense for coming close and pinning it all on the defense.

As to this thread. I very much hope Arians retires. He's done a good job. And I'd rather it not come down to firing him. He doesn't deserve it. And it's not a given they'll find an able replacement for him, particularly if they stay in house. But all that said, I still feel Ben needs more push back from his offensive coordinater. He and Arains are too buddy buddy, and I fear that Bruce doesn't challenge Ben enough, or ream him out when he screws up.

One things' for sure, our no huddle offense is the most deliberate in the league, and in no way can be confused with a hurry up offense. We waste more time getting plays off than any team I've ever seen, and it haunted us several times yesterday, as it's done several times during the season, and even going back to last year's Super Bowl, when he had a chance to stake a winning drive, and our offense couldn't get out of it's own way.

Anyone remember Ben's first 5 years when he was lethal at the end of a game in a one score contest? The last couple years we're lucky to get the play off in time running from a no huddle scenario. totally bizarre how we've regressed in that aspect the last few years? .

Anyway I think Ben needs to hear a different voice, one that isn't afraid to be adversarial in tone when the situation demands it. I don't think he gets that from Bruce, and once a relationship is established to the degree their's is you can't change it midstream.

GBMelBlount
01-09-2012, 06:14 AM
With all the weapons we have we should be scoring 30 - 35 points a game.

We don't.

I too would like to see an OC with some fresh ideas and TWO offensive linemen early in the draft.

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Your point being? The bubble screen has been an asset all year long. Let's not let one miscue change the thought process. That's the definiton of a knee-jerk reaction.

i wonder what the success rate is for arians' favorite play? it was used a number of times on sunday and the average results were not good.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 06:50 AM
i wonder what the success rate is for arians' favorite play? it was used a number of times on sunday and the average results were not good.

I imagine it's high. It's an elongated run play that has a much higher chance of netting a sizeable gain than any given run play.

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 06:56 AM
I imagine it's high. It's an elongated run play that has a much higher chance of netting a sizeable gain than any given run play.

it also has a greater chance to fail than a run play. it could be tipped, intercepted, fumbled or incomplete.

86WARD
01-09-2012, 06:59 AM

Asset? Not really.

ALLD
01-09-2012, 06:59 AM
The play calling needs to be different and more creative in the playoffs. We mostly ran our regular offense and suprised nobody except with the Wallace TD. Denver, on the other hand, ran a bumch of new plays and kept the Steelers D guessing.

We need pedigree OL and DL depth too. Our corners were exposed because Clark did not play and they were not prepared for the play calls by the Denver O.

Texasteel
01-09-2012, 07:10 AM

Yes, I am sure BA sent in instructions to make sure that the WR was behind Ben on that play, and I am positive I heard him yell " Throw the ball at his feet. I think that play was more of a case of one of the two player being out of position.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 07:11 AM
it also has a greater chance to fail than a run play. it could be tipped, intercepted, fumbled or incomplete.

But still a low risk play overall. It's a nice way to quickly get the ball in the hands of your playmakers. If the blocking is done correctly, often times you can get a one on one matchup.

I can only think of two disaster plays with the screen this year. Suggs' INT and yesterday's near fumble.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Very true. That would have been game over right there if it had been called correctly. We shouldn't be misled by the final score, and believe this come down to one play. The truth is if that play had been called correctly by the refs, or if Champ Bailey holds onto a ball right in his hands in the end zone a couple plays before the tying touchdown, then this game would have been a decisive loss, and no one would be excusing the offense for coming close and pinning it all on the defense.

As to this thread. I very much hope Arians retires. He's done a good job. And I'd rather it not come down to firing him. He doesn't deserve it. And it's not a given they'll find an able replacement for him, particularly if they stay in house. But all that said, I still feel Ben needs more push back from his offensive coordinater. He and Arains are too buddy buddy, and I fear that Bruce doesn't challenge Ben enough, or ream him out when he screws up.

One things' for sure, our no huddle offense is the most deliberate in the league, and in no way can be confused with a hurry up offense. We waste more time getting plays off than any team I've ever seen, and it haunted us several times yesterday, as it's done several times during the season, and even going back to last year's Super Bowl, when he had a chance to stake a winning drive, and our offense couldn't get out of it's own way.

Anyone remember Ben's first 5 years when he was lethal at the end of a game in a one score contest? The last couple years we're lucky to get the play off in time running from a no huddle scenario. totally bizarre how we've regressed in that aspect the last few years? .

Anyway I think Ben needs to hear a different voice, one that isn't afraid to be adversarial in tone when the situation demands it. I don't think he gets that from Bruce, and once a relationship is established to the degree their's is you can't change it midstream.

I hear what you're saying zu, but I don't think anyone can say that Arians doesn't challenge Ben enough. I think the sheer responsibility Ben has is extremely challenging and forces Ben to put in the work each week.

I want my OC and my franchise QB to have a great relationship. In the way duos like Tom Moore and Peyton Manning had. It makes a huge difference.

And on the whole, Ben played his best football this year. A lot of credit goes to Ben for making the changes but I'm not booting Arians as soon as Ben crossed that threshold. It doesn't make any sense.

I will say there is a pretty clear in-house replacement and I'm 90% sure Randy Fitchner would become the OC whenever Arians is gone.

zulater
01-09-2012, 07:28 AM
At the very least they need to address the hurry up offense at OTA's. It's disgusting how much time they use between plays running their no huddle. the biggest thing that bugs me about yesterday's game was not getting off a game winning field goal attempt at the end of regulation. Ben should have used a time out after the completion to Brown gave them the first down just outside of the 45. Instead they burn 17 seconds between snaps, get off a discombobulated play, then settle for a hail Mary! Call the T.O, call two plays on the sideline, and know what you're doing!!!!!!

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 07:33 AM
There are definitely things need to be worked on. I will say that trying to run the hurry up on the road is a difficult task and I'd rather take more time and make sure everyone is on the same page than rush things and there being massive miscommunication.

Edman
01-09-2012, 07:42 AM
In a passing league and with all the weapons we acquired, we should be scoring more and running a more effective offense. But we don't and scoring is actually WORSE than last year. Does Ben not remember the crap he spewed about "lighting up" the scoreboard and MVP talk before the 2011 season began?

2011 brought more of the same. Same old mediocre offense that had to be carried by the Defense all season. The Steelers don't live and die on the Offense, they run on Defense. When the Defense isn't on-like yesterday and in the Super Bowl, we lose- like yesterday and in the Super Bowl.

tube517
01-09-2012, 08:19 AM
We waste more time getting plays off than any team I've ever seen

Very true. They always take it down to 0 on the play clock.

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm one of the biggest NBBFer around (Not big bruce fans for those of you not from the old board) but really, I think part of the issue is the Ego of Ben. He's won 2 rings, but he's never been the passing leader, or league MVP or Playoff/Super Bowl MVP and I think that is his new "goal". Not just Rings.

I can't understand the constant deep routes, the lack of utilizing a running attack that was gashing the defense, and the insistance of not having a true FB on the roster when every other passing team in the league actually utilizes a FB and recognizes the fact, sometimes, just sometimes, you need to smash the ball down someone else's throat. Even in this passing league.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm one of the biggest NBBFer around (Not big bruce fans for those of you not from the old board) but really, I think part of the issue is the Ego of Ben. He's won 2 rings, but he's never been the passing leader, or league MVP or Playoff/Super Bowl MVP and I think that is his new "goal". Not just Rings.

I can't understand the constant deep routes, the lack of utilizing a running attack that was gashing the defense, and the insistance of not having a true FB on the roster when every other passing team in the league actually utilizes a FB and recognizes the fact, sometimes, just sometimes, you need to smash the ball down someone else's throat. Even in this passing league.

Sorry Dino, but I have to disagree with you here. I'm sure you're shocked. :chuckle:

I don't see Ben's ego being an issue. A few years ago, maybe. But he's definitely seemed to change and take on that leadership role. I doubt his goal has changed.

Constant deep routes? When has that happened? We've talked about this before. Part of deep routes are window dressing, to expand the defense and create one-on-one matchups underneath.

You're really slighting David Johnson here. First of all, we use FB packages a lot. Around 180-190 times this season. And Johnson is a great lead blocker.

All the other passing teams use a FB. Who does New England have? New Orleans?

The Duke
01-09-2012, 09:37 AM
You cannot smash the ball down someone's throat with two backup level guards. A fullback wouldn't change that

steel9guy
01-09-2012, 09:54 AM

We don't.

I too would like to see an OC with some fresh ideas and TWO offensive linemen early in the draft.

This^

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 09:56 AM
You cannot smash the ball down someone's throat with two backup level guards. A fullback wouldn't change that

17 Carries 121 yards...seems the "back up level" guards did ok yesterday.

Mine is a philosophical problem...I prefer an offense like we used against the Titans, short passing attack, I would prefer more passes to Hines Ward, shorter routes, more precision instead of the chuck it deep to Wallace all the time type of play. Yesterday there were a few key spots where the check down was the smarter Football Play, the better play, the open play and Ben forced the ball deep anyway. One time it paid off, Cotchery made a fantastic snag in the endzone to tie the game. But really, philosophically, the attack we are currently using isn't winning us Super Bowls.

Now, before this gets out of hand, I have issue with the performance by defense as well, and I have a philosophical problem with the fact a back up QB doesn't hold on FGs too, and I have an issue with our team being held all the time, especially Harrison and our team not being allowed to hit hard without being penalized.

So I have a ton of problems, and things I'd rather see differently...but one of them is the constant "big play" mentality we seem to have on offense. I think it could be better not so much to play "cowher ball" but to have a shorter style passing attempt, instead of "Bubble Screen, Bubble Screen, Deep Bomb!"

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 10:00 AM

We don't.

I agree with this pretty much, and I think the Big Plays for our Offense are better if the WRs are getting YAC plays and not deep route in stride plays. It just seems Brown and Wallace and even Sanders are better when they get 8 yard passes and take off with the ball after putting on a wiggle as opposed to the run down field into double coverage and hope you make a play.

I mean sure, once in a while our speedy guys will get "behind" the defense. But I think we'd be better with the shorter passing attack that after a "move" put on the DB goes for 30 yards or more instead of the ball in the air for 30 yards type plays...especially with our weakened Offensive Line (which we all agree is a problem) and the fact our QB isn't the best Deep ball thrower (Most of us agree his deep ball isn't that awesome) and was wounded and is wounded almost every year in the legs.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 10:44 AM
17 Carries 121 yards...seems the "back up level" guards did ok yesterday.

Mine is a philosophical problem...I prefer an offense like we used against the Titans, short passing attack, I would prefer more passes to Hines Ward, shorter routes, more precision instead of the chuck it deep to Wallace all the time type of play. Yesterday there were a few key spots where the check down was the smarter Football Play, the better play, the open play and Ben forced the ball deep anyway. One time it paid off, Cotchery made a fantastic snag in the endzone to tie the game. But really, philosophically, the attack we are currently using isn't winning us Super Bowls.

Now, before this gets out of hand, I have issue with the performance by defense as well, and I have a philosophical problem with the fact a back up QB doesn't hold on FGs too, and I have an issue with our team being held all the time, especially Harrison and our team not being allowed to hit hard without being penalized.

So I have a ton of problems, and things I'd rather see differently...but one of them is the constant "big play" mentality we seem to have on offense. I think it could be better not so much to play "cowher ball" but to have a shorter style passing attempt, instead of "Bubble Screen, Bubble Screen, Deep Bomb!"

We've actually been instilling more and more shorter routes the past few weeks, possibly to compensate for Ben's ankle and to free up Wallace. We've run a ton of double shallow crossing routes. Been using a lot of picks and natural rubs to allow receivers to get seperation and ensure the ball will come out quick.

As for your last comment as to the offense you think we "run", it's as laughable as the "run, run, pass" guys. Just going to roll my eyes and move on.

zulater
01-09-2012, 11:46 AM
There are definitely things need to be worked on. I will say that trying to run the hurry up on the road is a difficult task and I'd rather take more time and make sure everyone is on the same page than rush things and there being massive miscommunication.

That's why they should have taken the time out after Antonio made the catch to the 45. Get to the sideline with nearly 50 seconds to go on the clock with a first down and another time out in your pocket and figure yourself out a good play or three. Instead we muddle up to the line, burn the clock down below 30, with a disjointed play that results in the loss of any possibility of a field goal attempt.

This isn't exactly the first time this has happened lately. Ben went from being an exceptional end of game player to lousy in the past couple seasons, and sorry, but my finger is pointing at Arains the enabler.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 11:48 AM
That's why they should have taken the time out after Antonio made the catch to the 45. Get to the sideline with nearly 50 seconds to go on the clock with a first down and another time out in your pocket and figure yourself out a good play or three. Instead we muddle up to the line, burn the clock down below 30, with a disjointed play that results in the loss of any possibility of a field goal attempt.

This isn't exactly the first time this has happened lately. Ben went from being an exceptional end of game player to lousy in the past couple seasons, and sorry, but my finger is pointing at Arains the enabler.

Only Tomlin or a player on the field is allowed to call a timeout.

And again, I think playing on the road has a lot to do with a struggling no huddle.

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 11:54 AM
We've actually been instilling more and more shorter routes the past few weeks, possibly to compensate for Ben's ankle and to free up Wallace. We've run a ton of double shallow crossing routes. Been using a lot of picks and natural rubs to allow receivers to get seperation and ensure the ball will come out quick.

As for your last comment as to the offense you think we "run", it's as laughable as the "run, run, pass" guys. Just going to roll my eyes and move on.

We disagree on our short comings as an offense. That's pretty clear. I realize we don't run the "screen screen bomb" play all the time, as our series, but it goes to my point that they have been running the "shorter" stuff recently to compensate for the ankle, in that we haven't been practicing the short stuff because Philosophically it isn't our game plan to run shorter routes. I think that has lead to the lack of production from Hines, he isn't able to run the deep routes and get separation, so his skill set, of being open on the quick hits and curls and drags across the middle short, is not needed.

its all tied together in my opinion. The sacks, the turnovers, the lack of a dominant running game week in and week out and the lack of a really effective passing game that allows us to be effective in the redzone is all tied in my opinion to the current Offensive Philosophy.

God knows I don't want Cowher ball back, the "run run pass punt" stuff, but I'd like more balance of a shorter passing game worked in with our running game and then deep play action pass game. Its just not there, again, all in my opinion.

zulater
01-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Only Tomlin or a player on the field is allowed to call a timeout.

And again, I think playing on the road has a lot to do with a struggling no huddle.

Well if you're quarterback isn't versed on situational awareness by week 18, then you've got yourself a problem. Again this goes back to my contention that there's too much give and not enough take in the Ben - Bruce relationship. Ben has to know he needs to take the time out, that 20 seconds of runnoff is too valuable there. Somehow, someway you've got to commincate from the sidelines for Ben to call the time out. Either that or BA needs to be in Tomlin's ear and tell him to stop it.

I see other teams run effective hurry up offenses on the road. It's seems more an us problem than the league as a whole.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 12:08 PM
We disagree on our short comings as an offense. That's pretty clear. I realize we don't run the "screen screen bomb" play all the time, as our series, but it goes to my point that they have been running the "shorter" stuff recently to compensate for the ankle, in that we haven't been practicing the short stuff because Philosophically it isn't our game plan to run shorter routes. I think that has lead to the lack of production from Hines, he isn't able to run the deep routes and get separation, so his skill set, of being open on the quick hits and curls and drags across the middle short, is not needed.

its all tied together in my opinion. The sacks, the turnovers, the lack of a dominant running game week in and week out and the lack of a really effective passing game that allows us to be effective in the redzone is all tied in my opinion to the current Offensive Philosophy.

God knows I don't want Cowher ball back, the "run run pass punt" stuff, but I'd like more balance of a shorter passing game worked in with our running game and then deep play action pass game. Its just not there, again, all in my opinion.

Again, this is where we have always, and probably always will, disagreed.

There are plenty of shorter routes. Plenty of timing routes. There are deep options but theycan be used when the coverage is favorable or if not, used as clearouts. Even though you're not being literal about the bubble screen offense (which is the shorter passing game by the way) you're greatly exaggerating how often we go deep. We're not the Raiders.

And again, there's nothing wrong with taking your shots. We have as much speed at WR as anyone. It'd be foolish not to when the moment is right. Sometimes for Ben though, choosing that moment has created issues.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Well if you're quarterback isn't versed on situational awareness by week 18, then you've got yourself a problem. Again this goes back to my contention that there's too much give and not enough take in the Ben - Bruce relationship. Ben has to know he needs to take the time out, that 20 seconds of runnoff is too valuable there. Somehow, someway you've got to commincate from the sidelines for Ben to call the time out. Either that or BA needs to be in Tomlin's ear and tell him to stop it.

I see other teams run effective hurry up offenses on the road. It's seems more an us problem than the league as a whole.

Sure, some blame gets placed on Arians. This is why you do Saturday walkthroughs to prepare for moments like this.

But when I see an offensive line that is terrible at communicating, maybe Ben feels like he has to coddle them to make sure they understand their assignment.

I can remember twice yesterday Ben basically pleading with Legursky to snap the ball. He's rolling his arms and probably screaming at Doug to snap the ball because the playclock was winding down. Ended up resulting in a delay of game penalty. That's an issue with communication caused by part incompetence and part playing away from Heinz Field.

zulater
01-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Sure, some blame gets placed on Arians. This is why you do Saturday walkthroughs to prepare for moments like this.

But when I see an offensive line that is terrible at communicating, maybe Ben feels like he has to coddle them to make sure they understand their assignment.

I can remember twice yesterday Ben basically pleading with Legursky to snap the ball. He's rolling his arms and probably screaming at Doug to snap the ball because the playclock was winding down. Ended up resulting in a delay of game penalty. That's an issue with communication caused by part incompetence and part playing away from Heinz Field.

One more time, we had to call the time out after the completion to the 45! Somehow, someway, someone needs to make themselves accountable for that lapse, so it doesn't keep happening!

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Ha Ha, Chidi! so now you have put some blame on Arians and some on Ben! I'm turning you...you'll be a NBBFer soon enough!

LOL

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 12:17 PM
One more time, we had to call the time out after the completion to the 45! Somehow, someway, someone needs to make themselves accountable for that lapse, so it doesn't keep happening!

And again, Arians has no control over calling the timeout. Why wouldn't Tomlin call it (even if you think the root of the issue is a reflection of Arians)?

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 12:17 PM
I think the "deep option" thing given to Ben may be part of the philosophical problem which I have now concluded includes Ben having a Super Hero Big Play Look At Me type approach to the game.

Its like putting a bowl of Candy on the counter with a mouse trap in the bowl, and a Plate of Veggies next to it. Tell the kid, You can have the candy anytime you want but you need to eat your veggies too. Ben won't eat his veggies! He just keeps going for the candy! And no matter how many times he gets his finger snapped...he goes back for the candy again and again even when the good ole Veggies are right in front of him.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Ha Ha, Chidi! so now you have put some blame on Arians and some on Ben! I'm turning you...you'll be a NBBFer soon enough!

LOL

Haha!

I've always said the guy wasn't perfect. Far from it. He's not an elite OC, I've made sure to never say otherwise. He is benefited by a bunch of weapons and it's hard to call him elite with the offense not scoring at a clip that suits them (even if that isn't all Arians fault).

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 12:19 PM
And again, Arians has no control over calling the timeout. Why wouldn't Tomlin call it (even if you think the root of the issue is a reflection of Arians)?

Oh I agree, it should have been called by Tomlin. I can't remember who, one of the frequent posters last night, had it down that it was 17 seconds lost on that lack of the time out. 17 second wasted at the end of a game, with under a minute to go in the playoffs on the road when driving for a FG...that's unacceptable and that one, is on the Head Coach as much as the QB and OC

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Haha!

I've always said the guy wasn't perfect. Far from it. He's not an elite OC, I've made sure to never say otherwise. He is benefited by a bunch of weapons and it's hard to call him elite with the offense not scoring at a clip that suits them (even if that isn't all Arians fault).

Soon you will know the true power of the Dark Side and the power of the "Not Big Bruce Fans" for life club!

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 12:22 PM
I think the "deep option" thing given to Ben may be part of the philosophical problem which I have now concluded includes Ben having a Super Hero Big Play Look At Me type approach to the game.

Its like putting a bowl of Candy on the counter with a mouse trap in the bowl, and a Plate of Veggies next to it. Tell the kid, You can have the candy anytime you want but you need to eat your veggies too. Ben won't eat his veggies! He just keeps going for the candy! And no matter how many times he gets his finger snapped...he goes back for the candy again and again even when the good ole Veggies are right in front of him.

This is the same conversation we have each time. There's nothing wrong with using the deep ball because it can be so lethal. Wallace and Ben should have connected for that 52 yarder that would have thrown the momentum back in our favor. Wallace couldn't make the catch.

If Ben is really so tempted by the candy, we have some serious issues that can't be fixed by playcalling alone. I don't believe that to be the case.

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
This is the same conversation we have each time. There's nothing wrong with using the deep ball because it can be so lethal. Wallace and Ben should have connected for that 52 yarder that would have thrown the momentum back in our favor. Wallace couldn't make the catch.

If Ben is really so tempted by the candy, we have some serious issues that can't be fixed by playcalling alone. I don't believe that to be the case.

yes but its going to be a long off season and we need to talk about something besides the Draft and the other teams left standing...so...I'm going to beat this dead horse...again and again LOL

Wallace had an Awful game. He was just awful.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Argh, I have to wait until this evening before I can get the playoff subscription on Rewind and watch the game again. Waiting is killing me.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Soon you will know the true power of the Dark Side and the power of the "Not Big Bruce Fans" for life club!

Then you guys better have some good snacks.

Truth be told Dino, I'm actually pretty torn on Arians' performance this year. I think he did a really good job with Ben and had a lot of injuries to deal with on the offense. I actually put lilttle blame on him for the red zone, and in turn the scoring woes, but the communication problems were a constant al year. To me, that reflects on preperation or a lack thereof. It was extremely annoying all year.

ALLD
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Arians did not lose this game, but he didn't win it either.

suitanim
01-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Arians did not lose this game, but he didn't win it either.

23 points should have been plenty to beat Tebow.

tube517
01-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Then you guys better have some good snacks.

Truth be told Dino, I'm actually pretty torn on Arians' performance this year. I think he did a really good job with Ben and had a lot of injuries to deal with on the offense. I actually put lilttle blame on him for the red zone, and in turn the scoring woes, but the communication problems were a constant al year. To me, that reflects on preperation or a lack thereof. It was extremely annoying all year.

Hater :chuckle: