PDA

View Full Version : Post game thoughts after a season ended early.

zulater
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Sorry, but I don't want to post in stupid reactionary threads after a fluke loss, so I started this.

1. Bad game Ike Taylor. Wow, what a time to have the worst game of his career. Of course maybe he could have been given help by LeBeau at some point?

2. I think Arians has done a good job overall and helped bring Ben a long way in his development. But the time is right to move on. Ben needs some push back from his OC. No more buddy, buddy b.s.

3. How much difference would a field goal have made at the end of the first half if Legurskey doesn't screw up that snap?

4. Losing Keisel and Hampton in the first quarter sure didn't help.

5. Woodley was done as soon as he popped that hammy against the Patriots. Too bad, he was having a career year up until then.

6. Can't help but wonder if Ryan clark wouldn't have helped today? Mundy didn't play bad overall, but it sure looked as though he could have made a tackle to prevent that touchdown in OT?

7. Overall it was a fluke loss. Tebow will be out of the league in 2 years, this will be his high water mark. The Patriots will beat the Broncos by 20+ next week.

8. We'll be a good team again next year. But we need to improve the offensive line and offensive scheme if we're going to compete for a Super Bowl.

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
It is madness right now for Tebow.

I have never seen anything like that

43Hitman
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM
It is madness right now for Tebow.

I have never seen anything like that

I have. Ben's rookie year. At least today's performance reminded me of that.

zulater
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM

Difference being, Ben was taking the first step in a Hall of Fame career, and Tebow was flashing in the pan and will be out of the league in two years.

Pity the Broncos and their fans who will be stuck with Timmy for another season due to today's result, much to their detriment.

I wouldn't trade places with the Broncos today for all the tea in china.

tube517
01-08-2012, 08:38 PM

I think more like Kordell. He made plays but was erratic.

43Hitman
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Difference being, Ben was taking the first step in a Hall of Fame career, and Tebow was flashing in the pan and will be out of the league in two years.

Pity the Broncos and their fans who will be stuck with Timmy for another season due to today's result, much to their detriment.

I wouldn't trade places with the Broncos today for all the tea in china.

Yeah, that's why I said "today's performance" specifically. lol. I think Tubes nailed it. It was more Kordellish than Big Benish.

GoSlash27
01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
1) I woulda kicked the 3.
2) Remarkable how losing Clark changed our entire game. I'm ready to move Cromartie-Smith up to backup safety.
2a) Ike looked horrible, but I don't blame him. With no help over the top, he's got no choice but to play soft.
3) Can we officially declare Redman a badass and a rockstar now? Play-action off of that guy would seriously open up our passing game.
4) Timmons was on fire. Ziggy and Cam Heyward are fully vetted for use when needed.
5) What did they give Ben mid-way through the 2nd? He was a dead man walking through most of the first 2, then turned around and was fully mobile and accurate.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Heyward and harrison were horrible in contain. Heyward swatted at two balls that shouldve hit the turf

The Duke
01-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Heyward and harrison were horrible in contain. Heyward swatted at two balls that shouldve hit the turf

didn't watch Heyward much, but this was definitely one of the worse games of James' career. Clady mandhandled (and held him of course) most of the game, but tebow also ran to his side plenty of times and he looked as lost as I've ever seen him

st33lersguy
01-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Where was the pass rush? The "pass rushers" stuck to the Denver blockers like glue

Austin87
01-09-2012, 04:01 AM
Good thread Zu.

ALLD
01-09-2012, 07:17 AM
1) I woulda kicked the 3.
2) Remarkable how losing Clark changed our entire game. I'm ready to move Cromartie-Smith up to backup safety.
2a) Ike looked horrible, but I don't blame him. With no help over the top, he's got no choice but to play soft.
3) Can we officially declare Redman a badass and a rockstar now? Play-action off of that guy would seriously open up our passing game.
4) Timmons was on fire. Ziggy and Cam Heyward are fully vetted for use when needed.
5) What did they give Ben mid-way through the 2nd? He was a dead man walking through most of the first 2, then turned around and was fully mobile and accurate.

I too noticed BB came back like he was 100%. Watch for Redman to be our #1 and Brown to be our #1 next season.