PDA

View Full Version : For the sake of physical football..

Prouncey53
01-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I know I'll take some heat for this, but now that our steelers are done for good this season I have no choice but to root on the Ravens. Baltimore's the last physical team remaining in the post-season and as much as it pains me to say it, they deserve to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Steeldude
01-08-2012, 07:55 PM
football is done for until next season. i don't watch the playoffs or the SB unless the steelers are in it. back in the day i would watch no matter if the steelers were in it, but sadly football gets worse with each decade

The Duke
01-08-2012, 07:55 PM
I'll make it easier on you

did you watch the giants game? That's a defense I will be rooting for. Don't care about Eli and their offense at all, but their defense is dominating and I'm fairly certain they can beat the packers next week

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
lol such bitterness on this board. Im riding tebow til the death. Sick 'em!

SMR
01-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Go Giants and Go Ravens!!! Embarrass Goodell!!! True football right there!!!

I want to see the Ravens vs the Giants in the Super Bowl and watch Goodell cry like the over-grown toe-sucking baby that he is!!

Carolina Steelers
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
I'll make it easier on you

did you watch the giants game? That's a defense I will be rooting for. Don't care about Eli and their offense at all, but their defense is dominating and I'm fairly certain they can beat the packers next week

I'm with you if the Giants play like that today i like their chances

Edman
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
No more Football until the end of the Super Bowl.

Godfather
01-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Anyone but Marsha Brady.

Carolina Steelers
01-08-2012, 08:02 PM
football is done for until next season. i don't watch the playoffs or the SB unless the steelers are in it. back in the day i would watch no matter if the steelers were in it, but sadly football gets worse with each decade

Im a die hard steelers fan, but since there season is over i will still watch the playoffs im still a football fan plus now i can watch with less stress LOL

Count Steeler
01-08-2012, 08:02 PM
This just in, Brady just split his gut with excitement with the prospect of playing the Broncos instead of the Steelers.

JayC
01-08-2012, 08:03 PM
i hope the packers win it all. fuck the ravens and patriots

BigNastyDefense
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
I hope the Giants win it all. But no matter what, I am rooting for the NFC in the Super Bowl

tube517
01-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Fuck the Ratbirds and Cheats*. I root for nobody but the Steelers.

SMR
01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
I can only imagine Crow-Magnon wetting his pants knowing that his Gayvens don't have to face the Steelers for the third round.

:rofl2:

silver & black
01-08-2012, 08:32 PM
lol such bitterness on this board. Im riding tebow til the death. Sick 'em!
I can't quite share your sentiment, but I do hope Dungver does well..... short of winning it all. The better they do, the farther they drop in the draft order. And that means no real QB to draft...lol.

Tebow is...................... a puzzlement. I seriously doubt he can continue to have this kind of success in this league. I thought for sure your D would shut him down. He just keeps coming...lol.

This Tebow shit started with the Raiders. We let him come back and beat us in the last minutes of the game. It has just snowballed from there. Sorry.

I really doubt it will continue past this game. Your team was hampered by injuries..... and NE will put up 45 points on them.

better luck next season (seriously) and I hope we can meet in a meaningful playoff game like the old days.:drink:

SMR
01-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I can't quite share your sentiment, but I do hope Dungver does well..... short of winning it all. The better they do, the farther they drop in the draft order. And that means no real QB to draft...lol.

Tebow is...................... a puzzlement. I seriously doubt he can continue to have this kind of success in this league. I thought for sure your D would shut him down. He just keeps coming...lol.

This Tebow shit started with the Raiders. We let him come back and beat us in the last minutes of the game. It has just snowballed from there. Sorry.

I really doubt it will continue past this game. Your team was hampered by injuries..... and NE will put up 45 points on them.

better luck next season (seriously) and I hope we can meet in a meaningful playoff game like the old days.:drink:

Gotta admit, I agree. Not a bad post. Therefore, I toast you as well: :drink:

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 08:39 PM

I share your sentiments here. But I also felt this team wasn't gonna go too far in the playoffs. They (the Steelers) just didn't have "IT" all year.

fansince'76
01-08-2012, 08:39 PM

Same here. Don't give a shit at this point.

Crow-Magnon
01-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I can only imagine Crow-Magnon wetting his pants knowing that his Gayvens don't have to face the Steelers for the third round.

Re: Gamethread: Bengals vs Texans
Originally Posted by st33lersguy
Go Steelers tomorrow, go Texans next week

What? No wish for a Steelers-Ravens rematch in the AFCC?

C'mon! I was up for it!

And by the end of the 4th quarter, I thought it might end up that way, too! Man! Whodathunk that Tebow would light it up? I am as shocked as most of you are. And that last play was like yougottabekiddingme!

Hey, I know it sucks, but considering the injuries, the Steelers gave it one hell of a shot.

tube517
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Re: Gamethread: Bengals vs Texans
Originally Posted by st33lersguy
Go Steelers tomorrow, go Texans next week

C'mon! I was up for it!

And by the end of the 4th quarter, I thought it might end up that way, too! Man! Whodathunk that Tebow would light it up? I am as shocked as most of you are. And that last play was like yougottabekiddingme!

Hey, I know it sucks, but considering the injuries, the Steelers gave it one hell of a shot.

The Ravens match up well against all the remaining teams. The AFCC is theirs to lose. They always play well against the Pats*. I won't root for either team but I hope Suggs gets alot of hits on Marsha.

st33lersguy
01-08-2012, 09:32 PM
I do not care how physical the Ravens are, that murderer winning two Super Bowls would be an absence of karma. That low life scumbag Terrell Suggs and that whiny hack John Harbaugh winning the Super Bowll would be an absence of karma

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 09:33 PM
I share your sentiments here. But I also felt this team wasn't gonna go too far in the playoffs. They (the Steelers) just didn't have "IT" all year.

they most certainly had "IT"

"IT" was bruised, battered, broken and on IR. Healthy, this team could have beaten anybody. Our injury woes started very early in the season. Even with the oldest vets, they can still bring it when they aren't broken. Unfortunately, age breaks down faster than youth.

steelreserve
01-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I barely care. I'd rather see the 49ers win it all, honestly, because

1) The Patriots wouldn't win
2) The Packers wouldn't win
3) The Ravens wouldn't win
4) It would be a blow for defense and a blow against the high-flying offensive BS
5) I live here so I could give Raiders fans shit all year
(not that I don't already, but I could give them even more)

Yeah, I know, then they'd be able to say they have 6 super bowls, blah blah, whatever. It happened before for a while too. We'll get more.

steelerdude15
01-08-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't understand how any Steelers fan could ever root for the Ravens. With that being said, I think the Saints or Packers win the Super Bowl this year with either the Patriots or Ravens representing the AFC.

smokin3000gt
01-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Fuck the ravens, suggs, lewis, and their pompus asshole of a coach. Root for the pats*? Ya, that'll be a cold day in hell. Tebow seems like a good kid, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he got 15 [more] minutes of fame.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Guarantee you the ravens will not be in the Super Bowl!!! Harbaugghs are thugs cants stand those muthafukkers with their whiny asses...will be rooting for the saints cause i like brees and will root for bradfy anyday over any of them!!!

Dino 6 Rings
Wouldnt a Niners vs Giants NFC and Broncos vs Ravens AFC title game Sunday be effing hilarios? With a nice Bronco Niners or Broncos Giants 80s rematch as the SB. I'd laugh all freaking off season

TerryBradshaw
Hey Smokin,

I agree. Fuck the Shitbirds. I would rather root for the Saints to Win it all. That would shut the Gay Bay Packers enthusiasts up and Fuck Brady & ****pany as well as the Shitbirds. Go Saints. At least they are Black and Gold kind of. lol

Terry

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 11:20 PM
I barely care. I'd rather see the 49ers win it all, honestly, because

1) The Patriots wouldn't win
2) The Packers wouldn't win
3) The Ravens wouldn't win
4) It would be a blow for defense and a blow against the high-flying offensive BS
5) I live here so I could give Raiders fans shit all year
(not that I don't already, but I could give them even more)

Yeah, I know, then they'd be able to say they have 6 super bowls, blah blah, whatever. It happened before for a while too. We'll get more. No harbaughs deserve shit muthafukker!! dont be dumb!!!~

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 11:22 PM
never root for any harbaugh...are you nuts????

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Fuck the chatting harbaughs!!! You know the chat to each other week to week..I know Goodell is fucking both of them to hope for a 49ers ravens superbowl...Im rooting for Brees or rodgers!!

steelreserve
01-09-2012, 12:38 AM
never root for any harbaugh...are you nuts????

I'm not rooting for them. I just don't really have anything against Jim Harbaugh, and the 49ers and Ravens are about the only ones left that aren't one of these high-flying Golden Boy Offense teams. And no way in hell I'm rooting for the Ravens.

I guess you could put the Texans in that category too, but they're not going to win.

XxKnightxX
01-09-2012, 04:24 AM
I grew up in Jersey and worked at Giants stadium. Ill be rooting them like I did in 07, oddly enough we got ousted the first round and they went all the way to the SB.

BlastFurnace
01-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Anyone but Baltimore....

I don't mind their players, but that John Harbaurgh...

I enjoy watching football, so I'm still all in for the rest of the season.

HometownGal
01-09-2012, 05:30 AM
I'm not really rooting for anyone else at this point but will still watch the games. Hey - it's football and for me, any football is better than none!

PalmerSteel
01-09-2012, 05:33 AM
i always root for afc, but i cant root for the ratbirds so i got to go with the broncos.

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Looking at my signature, only one team left in the playoffs can actually Tie our Record...

so that would be the last team I'd want to win for purely Selfish "we are still the best ever" reasons. I'm against the Niners. Next, the Ravens, cause their fans are pathetic losers that suck on crab cakes and talk crap out of their face, next, The Patriots, cause they Cheated in the past and should be banned from ever winning another SB. After that, I don't want to see the Packers win cause they have 4 and that would put them one closer to us and the Record. Then Giants, cause their fans can be real A-holes even though I kind of like Eli. Then I guess the Saints cause they are a pretty good team and it would just show the ownership of the Chargers how dumb they really are. And they actually run the ball. Then the Broncos, cause they beat us, but then again, I've always liked Tebow for his "grittiness" then I guess...the Texans...

So reversing...in order I guess I'm rooting for the Texans, then the Broncos, then the Giants, then the Saints...then everyone else can die and I wouldn't care...

steelerdude15
01-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Looking at my signature, only one team left in the playoffs can actually Tie our Record...

so that would be the last team I'd want to win for purely Selfish "we are still the best ever" reasons. I'm against the Niners. Next, the Ravens, cause their fans are pathetic losers that suck on crab cakes and talk crap out of their face, next, The Patriots, cause they Cheated in the past and should be banned from ever winning another SB. After that, I don't want to see the Packers win cause they have 4 and that would put them one closer to us and the Record. Then Giants, cause their fans can be real A-holes even though I kind of like Eli. Then I guess the Saints cause they are a pretty good team and it would just show the ownership of the Chargers how dumb they really are. And they actually run the ball. Then the Broncos, cause they beat us, but then again, I've always liked Tebow for his "grittiness" then I guess...the Texans...

So reversing...in order I guess I'm rooting for the Texans, then the Broncos, then the Giants, then the Saints...then everyone else can die and I wouldn't care...

:chuckle: Tell us how you feel.

suitanim
01-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Texans. For Dino's reasons. I hope the Baltirats and Cheatriots planes have a mid-air collision.

Actually, other then the SB commercials, the season is over for me...

steel9guy
01-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I really hope it isn't a NE/Bal Championship game. CRAP!!!!!!!1

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
I really hope it isn't a NE/Bal Championship game. CRAP!!!!!!!1

yep, I'd have to root for the NFC in the SB if it came down to the Ravens or Patriots in the AFC...I could root for the Broncos (I did when Elway played Favre) and I could root for the Texans (Just cause it would make Jerry Jones vomit if the Texans won it all)

But I can't root for the Niners due to the 5 Rings thing and the Pats and Ravens make me puke.

(Although I did root for the Pats against the Rams and the Panthers, and didn't care that they beat the Eagles and for me, my hate for them really stems fromt he allegations of cheating to win, not so much that they beat us in a couple games)

smokin3000gt
01-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey Smokin,

I agree. Fuck the Shitbirds. I would rather root for the Saints to Win it all. That would shut the Gay Bay Packers enthusiasts up and Fuck Brady & ****pany as well as the Shitbirds. Go Saints. At least they are Black and Gold kind of. lol

Terry

Hey man, glad to see you back. Wasn't sure if you'd be around after the loss/end of season. I can only see myself rooting for Texans, Broncos, and MAYBE Greenbay. Only reason why I wouldn't pull for GB even though I like their fan base/history is because if they get two SB that would start a whole 'nother 'dynasty' discussion and if it isn't about Pittsburgh, I don't want to hear it (maybe I am just a little greedy).

X-Terminator
01-09-2012, 12:12 PM
My football season ended the second Demaryius Thomas crossed the goal line. As long as the Rats don't win the SB and Little Timmy Tebow gets embarrassed by Marsha and Co. next week, that's fine with me. Otherwise, I couldn't give a damn.

Crow-Magnon
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Texans. For Dino's reasons. I hope the Baltirats and Cheatriots planes have a mid-air collision.

Actually, other then the SB commercials, the season is over for me...

Jesus, man! Are you off your meds? :buttkick:

The last two times the Steelers went to the SB, I figured I'd rather see the AFCN win it all over some other, less-physical division.

You know, even though I loathe your team and everything!

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 01:56 PM

The last two times the Steelers went to the SB, I figured I'd rather see the AFCN win it all over some other, less-physical division.

That's because deep down inside you want to be a Steelers fan and are just waiting for the right moment of failure by your Ravens to completely quit on them and put on the Black and Gold...but we will never turn to the Purple or the All Male Cheer Squad...

Crow-Magnon
01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
That's because deep down inside you want to be a Steelers fan and are just waiting for the right moment of failure by your Ravens to completely quit on them and put on the Black and Gold...but we will never turn to the Purple or the All Male Cheer Squad...

To be honest, that is about as likely as me saying that, deep-down, you want to be ga..............nah. :toofunny:

NJarhead
01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Though I want the Ravens to make it to the big show and lose to the Giants, I can't bring myself to actually cheer for them.

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 02:10 PM
To be honest, that is about as likely as me saying that, deep-down, you want to be ga..............nah. :toofunny:

You know you love us and want to be us...its ok to admit it Crow...deep down...deep down...you want to be a Steelers fan...but its cool, a couple more seasons of you "pretending" to be the Ravens fan is just fine with me. Eventually I'll get both you and Silver and Black to admit...you like us...you really really like us.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2012, 02:27 PM
I hope to see a Saints and Ravens super bowl, with the Saints winning 35-10. Or, a Saints and Texans SB, with Ray Lewis showing Suggs how to party the week before the bowl and get away with (a witness to) murder.

smokin3000gt
01-09-2012, 03:14 PM

If your coach wasn't such an arrogant asshole (I used to like and respect the guy actually) then it might make it a little easier to root for them but between your coach, the thugs wearing numbers, and the possibility listening to them spout off next year about sweeping us and winning the SB, it's tough to hope for any good to those guys. I do respect how they play the game, just not their character.

tube517
01-09-2012, 03:18 PM
I hope to see a Saints and Ravens super bowl, with the Saints winning 35-10. Or, a Saints and Texans SB, with Ray Lewis showing Suggs how to party the week before the bowl and get away with (a witness to) murder.

vader29
01-09-2012, 03:28 PM
I'll probably still have the games on in the background but won't pay as much attention to them as I did this past weekend.

My Super Bowl wish would be for Houston to beat the Giants 3-0.

GutterflowerSteel
01-09-2012, 04:45 PM
I'll watch the rest of the season because I love football so much - but there is NO WAY in hell I'll ever root for the Cheats or Raisins. So I'm going NFC, unless Houston or the Broncs make it - then I'd root for them. Last night was a real bummer :( Fortunately, none of my Raisins coworkers/friends said anything to me about the game today lol