PDA

View Full Version : The team did not give up

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 07:12 PM
They had a big 2nd half and this team has a lot of heart.

Unfortunately our defense against the pass had their worst game of the year.

86WARD
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
No they don't. They've played like shit on the road all season...garbage. They pretty much played every road game with the exception of 1 or 2 with little to no heart.

Devilsdancefloor
01-08-2012, 07:24 PM
i agree with 86ward on this on we just didnt have it on the road at all. both sides of the ball we just didnt fo anyting on the road

Steeldude
01-08-2012, 08:28 PM
They had a big 2nd half and this team has a lot of heart.

Unfortunately our defense against the pass had their worst game of the year.

the team looked flat and didn't seem to care. no fire at all with the exception of a few players.

steel9guy
01-08-2012, 08:29 PM
This team didn't care at all to me this year. In 08' and 10' we actually seemed motivated. Didn't seem the case this year(Indy, KC)

zulater
01-08-2012, 08:32 PM
No they don't. They've played like shit on the road all season...garbage. They pretty much played every road game with the exception of 1 or 2 with little to no heart.

I hate that sort of bullshit. They had deficiency's that were exposed, but they weren't quitters. There was never any lack of effort.

zulater
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM
the team looked flat and didn't seem to care. no fire at all with the exception of a few players.

How would you know?

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 11:10 PM
No they didn't give up. But while not trying to play "Captain Hindsight", I wonder how we would've fair'd if Holmes was out there tonight (as well as last yrs SB) ? We seem to be no where near the 4th qtr clutch team since his release. Yea he was a problem child, but he was also magic. I still think that was a "Jerry Jones fires Jimmy Johnson" type move to let him go... but oh well, that's a whole other subject in itself.

Steeldude
01-08-2012, 11:42 PM
How would you know?

how do i know what? it's my opinion based on what i watched.

Steeldude
01-08-2012, 11:44 PM
I wonder how we would've fair'd if Holmes was out there tonight (as well as last yrs SB)

most likely the same. the steelers made it to the SB last year without the overrated holmes and his poor to average hands

zulater
01-09-2012, 12:08 AM
how do i know what? it's my opinion based on what i watched.

It's easy to say someone played without fire or intensity, but it's hard to prove one way or the other. They're pro's. I really don't think many of the Steelers just go through the motions on game day.

Some Steelers underperformored. But I really don't think it was due to a lack of effort.

zulater
01-09-2012, 12:09 AM
No they didn't give up. But while not trying to play "Captain Hindsight", I wonder how we would've fair'd if Holmes was out there tonight (as well as last yrs SB) ? We seem to be no where near the 4th qtr clutch team since his release. Yea he was a problem child, but he was also magic. I still think that was a "Jerry Jones fires Jimmy Johnson" type move to let him go... but oh well, that's a whole other subject in itself.

Probably the same as we did in 2009, and we never would have made the playoffs to start with.

Shoes
01-09-2012, 12:14 AM
It's easy to say someone played without fire or intensity, but it's hard to prove one way or the other. They're pro's. I really don't think many of the Steelers just go through the motions on game day.

Some Steelers underperformored. But I really don't think it was due to a lack of effort.

Exactly...these guys are humans and have feelings I surely think. I've had plenty of bad days at work in my lifetime, got paid for it and wasn't beaten down.

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 01:53 AM
Exactly...these guys are humans and have feelings I surely think.

yep, and their feelings aren't always what's best for the team.

ALLD
01-09-2012, 07:25 AM
A healthy team would have won the game easily, but they looked flat after the first quarter. More improvement needs to be made to the offense as everybody except Brown and Miller were dropping balls. Ward cannot play at an NFL level anymore, he has lost the eye of the tiger.

smokin3000gt
01-09-2012, 11:45 AM
The title should read "The team did not show up"

This team has had a bad habbit all year of sleep walking through the first 2-3 QTRs digging a big hole to crawl out of, then waking up and playing to their abilities in the 3rd or 4th QTR. I know there have we've been plauged by injuries all year but that's no excuse for playing as flat as we have at times.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 12:43 PM
The title should read "The team did not show up"

This team has had a bad habbit all year of sleep walking through the first 2-3 QTRs digging a big hole to crawl out of, then waking up and playing to their abilities in the 3rd or 4th QTR. I know there have we've been plauged by injuries all year but that's no excuse for playing as flat as we have at times.

The team played well in the first quarter, no? We were dominating Denver early.