PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Could Not hit the broadside of a barn ALL YEAR...

katmandu
01-08-2012, 07:12 PM
... UNTIL TONIGHT !!!!

UNREAL....

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 07:13 PM
I think they just said he threw for more yards on this D than ANYBODY this season.... Brady included.... smh

Edman
01-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Not going to lie. This is an embarrassment in every sense of the word. Really no excuses or words for this. None.

Real embarrassing way to end 2011.

katmandu
01-08-2012, 07:17 PM
I think they just said he threw for more yards on this D than ANYBODY this season.... Brady included.... smhUNREAL.......

Steeldude
01-08-2012, 07:18 PM
... UNTIL TONIGHT !!!!

UNREAL....

are you people actually surprised?

tube517
01-08-2012, 07:18 PM
... UNTIL TONIGHT !!!!

UNREAL....

Unless the barn was covered by Ike :chuckle:

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 07:19 PM

yes

86WARD
01-08-2012, 07:19 PM
That's your 2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Road Show. Been there all season...you'd have to be blind or in denial not to see that this team was utter crap on the road.

Count Steeler
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Not going to lie. This is an embarrassment in every sense of the word. Really no excuses or words for this. None.

Real embarrassing way to end 2011.

Absolutely fitting way to end it. Injuries, poor performances from O and D, no intensity and getting beat on the road. Ben should not have played after the first Cleveland win. Let him heal and get ready for the playoffs.

43Hitman
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
3 fucking hundred yards! are you kidding me!?!?

Count Steeler
01-08-2012, 07:21 PM
That's your 2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Road Show. Been there all season...you'd have to be blind or in denial not to see that this team was utter crap on the road.

QFT

86WARD
01-08-2012, 07:22 PM
3 fucking hundred yards! are you kidding me!?!?

I called it. lol...didn't think it would happen...maybe I did a little bit.

Shoes
01-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Congrats to Denver .....hope they do the same to the cheats next week!

steelerdude15
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm cheering for the Texans.

steelerdude15
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
No way, I hope the Pats destroy the so called "quarterback."

Steeldude
01-08-2012, 07:29 PM
yes

lol...how long have you been a steelers' fan? the steelers are well known for playing down to inferior opponents. the steelers' secondary is that good. couple that with an non-aggressive pass rush and you get what happened tonight.

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
lol...how long have you been a steelers' fan? the steelers are well known for playing down to inferior opponents. the steelers' secondary is that good. couple that with an non-aggressive pass rush and you get what happened tonight.

You probably thought that Tebow would be 310 yards today

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Just shows how important Ryan Clark is

Steelsauce
01-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Ike taylor sucked the big one and Polamalu is useless in coverage anymore.

SteelerFanInStl
01-08-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm embarrassed to be a Steelers fan. That was a pathetic display of football today by a 12-4 team.

SMR
01-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Me 2!

Craic
01-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I guess nobody has heard of QB Development.

Nope, the die has been cast, Tebow sucks. That means he always has, and always will. Of course, if he was wearing the Black and Gold, it would have just been proof that he's developing into a big game QB, or that he's learning the game at the NFL level.

I'm not sure what hurts worse for Steeler fans, the fact that the team lost, or the fact that all the Tebow-bashing seems kinda foolish right now.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Totally agree!!!

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
all we can hope for right now is that the ravens get put out!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
totally agree!!!

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 07:50 PM
as much as hate to say it....Teebow and his religious crap bothers me but I wish him luck against the pats!!! Hes a likable guy!!!

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Are you people for real??

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I do think Ryan Clark would have made a difference!!!

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Did you even watch the entire game? He completed 3 passes in the first 3 quarters. After that, there were times where i wasnt sure if he knew how to throw an incompletion. Back to your point: Big Ben did that a lot too...getting credit for a come-from-behind win even though he was the reason we were behind in the first place [because of his mistakes]. Was Big Ben a better quarterback at this stage in his career, duh obviously. But did he have a better defense? Freaking infinitely better, the best one of the past two decades. Better running game? Lordy, he only had a future hall of famer and a 3x 1200 yard rusher to help him out. Hell, Ben's always had a way better team in general to help him out. 2008 is the first year we TRULY leaned on him to be the field general of the offense. And please, Willie Parker was still the focal point of the offense in '07 even if it was Big Ben's big statistical year.

Everytime you watch the guy play, you really start to feel for fans of the opposing team. It's packer country up here in wisco, but theres still a lot of viking and bears fans and im friends with some of them. You get the feeling from them that they dont fear Tebow like he would just straight up annihilate you by the wrath of his hand alone, but the fear comes from the fact that he always does just enough to win.

As long as we're looking at the most likely playoff scenarios, if steeler fans dont fear tebow at all, they better be careful.

these thoughts from earlier in the season pretty much sum up what i thought and still think about tebow

Steeldude
01-08-2012, 07:53 PM
You probably thought that Tebow would be 310 yards today

it wouldn't have surprised me.

you probably thought tebow would have only thrown for 2 yards.

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
it wouldn't have surprised me.

you probably thought tebow would have only thrown for 2 yards.

C'mon man

His would have taken a crazy Tebow homer for thinking he would do 310 yards.

especially since the Steelers almost never gives big play before today.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Love all of yall...lets keep the faith cause we are the Steelers but changes have to be made in that I mean....Arians definitely has to be gone(sorry Ben) and I do think lebeau will retire as much as I love him!! ! Gotta draft O and D line players...plus a corner and RB!! What do you think guys???

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
I need to find the Tebow thread where I joked he was going to beat the Steelers, patriots and Ravens on the way to beating the Packers in the SB

Course I didnt really think we'd lose this one, but then again, I've been a fan long enough to remember much worse lisses with a much healthier team and at home or in bigger games...so...

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Love all of yall...lets keep the faith cause we are the Steelers but changes have to be made in that I mean....Arians definitely has to be gone(sorry Ben) and I do think lebeau will retire as much as I love him!! ! Gotta draft O and D line players...plus a corner and RB!! What do you think guys???

I think we are on our way to a more 4/3 style defense and wish Ben would prepare better for in game moments that require a cooler head and not such a gunslinger style...but I know I wont get that and I finally understand what Favre fans used to feel.

86WARD
01-08-2012, 08:04 PM

Nope, the die has been cast, Tebow sucks. That means he always has, and always will. Of course, if he was wearing the Black and Gold, it would have just been proof that he's developing into a big game QB, or that he's learning the game at the NFL level.

I'm not sure what hurts worse for Steeler fans, the fact that the team lost, or the fact that all the Tebow-bashing seems kinda foolish right now.

And he did it with out his number one receiver...lol.

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2012, 08:07 PM
I'd rather we lost this one, to the 'magic' of Tebow and the 'power of prayer' as opposed to losing to the Patriot, or filthy Ravens, or God Forbid another Super Bowl loss.

86WARD
01-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Fuck that...I'd rather have lost to a "real team." This is downright embarrassing...

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 08:12 PM
I think we are on our way to a more 4/3 style defense and wish Ben would prepare better for in game moments that require a cooler head and not such a gunslinger style...but I know I wont get that and I finally understand what Favre fans used to feel. i agree....our philosophy has got to change on both sides of the ball

Carolina Steelers
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
I never thought Tebow would throw for over 300 yds on any defense including a college defense. So yes im surprised he threw for that many yds he had alot of splash plays tonight. Hes been awful the past 3 games i thought he might break 200 if lucky. I thought if denver won it would be because of turnovers on us and their strong running game. I never saw them scoring 29 pts

Edman
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
The Steelers have been crap as a road team all year. Losing Twice to Bert, losing to Alex Smith and struggling against Curtis Painter and Tyler Palko were warning signs of what this team was capable of on the the Road. If Alex Smith could stomp them, so could Tim Tebow.

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Fuck that...I'd rather have lost to a "real team." This is downright embarrassing...

The Saints felt this way after their defeat against Seattle in 2010

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 08:15 PM
we have to change philosophies according to what the NFL dictates which is what GOD---DELL wants which is bullshit by tyheir standards!!!

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 08:17 PM
I still feel bad for this defeat

Edman
01-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Whatever we should've lost or not, the Steelers and us as fans will be haunted all upcoming offseason by...

Of course, losing to the Broncos, Getting blown out in Week 1, and giving up a 92-Yard Drive to Bert to lose in Pittsburgh.

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2012, 08:19 PM

Well then take your negative 'I told you so' sorry butt to another team's board and root for them. Seriosly. You are such a chicken little sour puss that it pretty tiresome. 'i called it..' blah blah blah...it sucks we lost with our roster all banged up and crap going against us in the game and our D missed as many plays as our O, but the Broncos did win the AFC West and deserved to be in the game.

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Whatever we should've lost or not, the Steelers and us as fans will be haunted all upcoming offseason by...

Of course, losing to the Broncos, Getting blown out in Week 1, and giving up a 92-Yard Drive to Bert to lose in Pittsburgh.

It will be necessary to look forward

Heartbreaking moments,they are things which can happen.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Seriously, other than losing to him, how can you hate the guy. Here's his post game press conference: http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d825d57f1/Tim-Tebow-postgame-press-conference

Everything you need to know about him is from 0:00-0:38, and the way he handles the question at 0:53-1:10. What a guy.

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Yep I want Tebow over Brady without hesitation.

Steeldude
01-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Seriously, other than losing to him, how can you hate the guy. Here's his post game press conference: http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d825d57f1/Tim-Tebow-postgame-press-conference

Everything you need to know about him is from 0:00-0:38, and the way he handles the question at 0:53-1:10. What a guy.

i find him annoying, but i don't hate him.

SMR
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Yep I want Tebow over Brady without hesitation.

Same here. I actually respect Tebow. Compared to Marsha, Tebow is a class-act! AND YOU ALL KNOW IT!!

Steeldude
01-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Well then take your negative 'I told you so' sorry butt to another team's board and root for them. Seriosly. You are such a chicken little sour puss that it pretty tiresome. 'i called it..' blah blah blah...it sucks we lost with our roster all banged up and crap going against us in the game and our D missed as many plays as our O, but the Broncos did win the AFC West and deserved to be in the game.

why are you so upset? because he was right?

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 08:35 PM
i find him annoying, but i don't hate him. dont like his "God Bless" stuff but I like him...he just needs to realize to keep his faith to himself....nobody really wants to hear that

zulater
01-08-2012, 08:41 PM

He'll be out of the league in two years. Kudo's to little Timmy for resembling a quarterback for the first time in his NFL career. I can find you about 500 quarterbacks who had a few good games. He sucks, he'll never make it in the NFL over the long haul. \\Good kid, great game. Congrats and all.

But he is what is he is, and that aint an NFL qb.

c

fansince'76
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM

Not especially. We make bad QBs look good. Have for about 3 seasons now...

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Not especially. We make bad QBs look good. Have for about 3 seasons now... I agree...dont know why we do that...its embarrassing

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
he wont be able to compete with brady...no doubts

BlastFurnace
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Worst loss during the Tomlin era. Other than the 94 Championship Game, this is the worst playoff loss since I've been following this team.

When you stack the line like they did and leave Ike on an Island all game, you leave yourself open.

Give Tebow credit. His throws were on the money.

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
why are you so upset? because he was right?

Not at all. We took a banged up roster in the road in the NFL Playoffs and lost to another NFL team. It happens.

What I get upset with is the 'I knew it all along' crap that is nothing but bial spewed to make oneself feel better by cutting down the team that others had still rooted for and believed in.

BlastFurnace
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Not especially. We make bad QBs look good. Have for about 3 seasons now...

It's because the Steelers can't rush the passer any longer.

SMR
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM

Don't say that just yet. What if by some, unforeseen chance, his Broncos beat Marsha's Patsies? It can happen, especially since he beat US (and we did beat the Patsies earlier this year)!!

zulater
01-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Not at all. We took a banged up roster in the road in the NFL Playoffs and lost to another NFL team. It happens.

What I get upset with is the 'I knew it all along' crap that is nothing but bial spewed to make oneself feel better by cutting down the team that others had still rooted for and believed in.

:applaudit:

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Our Defensive secondary was not injured. I'd say Ike gave up 200 yds to Tebow by himself... and I'm not joking.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Worst loss during the Tomlin era. Other than the 94 Championship Game, this is the worst playoff loss since I've been following this team.

When you stack the line like they did and leave Ike on an Island all game, you leave yourself open.

Tebow played well. As did the Broncos entire team holding us to FGs early on so we were only up 6 and not 14 was huge for the game.

as for the worse loss ever...not even close...

2007 home loss to the Jaguars...horrible loss.

Last year losing in the SB because we were -3 in Turnovers...Horrible loss...

04 home loss to Brady and the Patriots...Horrible.

01 Home loss to Brady /Bledsoe and the Patriots...effing disgusting

97 Home Loss in the AFC Title game to the Broncos...one of the worse losses ever.

95 Loss to the Cowboys because Neil ODonnell SUxks ASSHOLES...Horrible.

94 Home Loss in the AFC Title Game to the Chargers...Worse Loss in the History of Cowher Ball.

I put this one as a bad loss for a team that beat all the bad teams on their schedule, lost 1/3 of their Starters with injuries, and struggled on the road all year with a QB that tries too hard to be a hero and a defense that tried very hard to cover up the fact that its pass rush wasn't where it needed to be.

tube517
01-08-2012, 09:19 PM

meh....no worse than Kordell's losses in 97 or 01. SB XLV was a worse feeling. But Tomlin was outcoached today, no doubt.

zulater
01-08-2012, 09:21 PM
meh....no worse than Kordell's losses in 97 or 01. SB XLV was a worse feeling. But Tomlin was outcoached today, no doubt.

If anyone was outcoached today it was LeBeau.

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2012, 09:24 PM

I think it was one of those things...where you say "Ok, lets stop the run and force Tebow to beat us in the passing game, with one on one coverage" and sure has shiiit...it happened, a mediocre passer used play action pass to get our safeties up into the box, and to bite on passes with pump fakes and he gashed us with deep passes and great catches.

I think Coach Dad and the 3/4 is going to be going away soon. I think its just inevitable with Hood and Heyward and aging linebackers in Foote and Farrior...and I think...Silverback maybe on his way out...if not, his play has to change cause he gets flags for No reasons now due to his reputation.

st33lersguy
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Imagine what Brady, Welker, Gronkowski, and co. would have done had the Steelers managed to pull that win out of their asses

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Imagine what Brady, Welker, Gronkowski, and co. would have done had the Steelers managed to pull that win out of their asses

Actually I think the Patriots would have gashed us with the run, since we shut down their passing attack last time we played by changing up our defense to match what they did on offense.

Today we played to stop the run and got beat with the pass...we coached a certain way, 9 men in the box, single coverage and let Tebow throw...and it killed us early...but we only let up 3 points in the second half right? So we adjusted to it, but then in OT, we didn't expect a deep play action pass on the first play and got burned playing the run. Great call by the Broncos, that was just life in the NFL, sometimes we get the play where we jump the route and take it to the house (Flacco!) and sometimes...we miss and it sucks for us as fans.

katmandu
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Our Defensive secondary was not injured. I'd say Ike gave up 200 yds to Tebow by himself... and I'm not joking.WHere was Ryan Clark today ?

Mundy admitted he could have helped IKE more on that last play of the game.

steelpinstripe87
01-08-2012, 10:37 PM
WHere was Ryan Clark today ?

Mundy admitted he could have helped IKE more on that last play of the game.

Clark can't play in high altitude. Last time he played in Denver, he ended up losing his spleen. He has a sickle cell trait that hinders blood flow. This gets worse in a lower oxygen environment.

steeldevil
01-08-2012, 10:41 PM

YEP

Gameplan on first down was horrible. Basically just assumed it would be a run.

See my thread.

NCSteeler
01-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Absolutely fitting way to end it. Injuries, poor performances from O and D, no intensity and getting beat on the road. Ben should not have played after the first Cleveland win. Let him heal and get ready for the playoffs.

You think Ben could have covered Damarius Thomas? In the end it looked to me like Ben did his job. All of those that say this know damn well if Batch played those games and lost and we ended up 5th seed like we were you would be crying about how we could have won the division if Ben had played.

NCSteeler
01-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Actually I think the Patriots would have gashed us with the run, since we shut down their passing attack last time we played by changing up our defense to match what they did on offense.

Today we played to stop the run and got beat with the pass...we coached a certain way, 9 men in the box, single coverage and let Tebow throw...and it killed us early...but we only let up 3 points in the second half right? So we adjusted to it, but then in OT, we didn't expect a deep play action pass on the first play and got burned playing the run. Great call by the Broncos, that was just life in the NFL, sometimes we get the play where we jump the route and take it to the house (Flacco!) and sometimes...we miss and it sucks for us as fans.

No doubt, who would have ever expected Fox to go aggressive on the first play of OT, gambled and lost.

NCSteeler
01-09-2012, 12:42 AM
He'll be out of the league in two years. Kudo's to little Timmy for resembling a quarterback for the first time in his NFL career. I can find you about 500 quarterbacks who had a few good games. He sucks, he'll never make it in the NFL over the long haul. \\Good kid, great game. Congrats and all.

But he is what is he is, and that aint an NFL qb.

c

Agreed, all he did tonight was seal Denver's future fate. I still have not seen him throw one pass into any kind of coverage other than wide open. Tim did not have a good day, Thomas had a great day.

XxKnightxX
01-09-2012, 04:03 AM
Did anyone notice Tebow thre for 316 yards. get it 3:16 lol . Fuck man , I dont care, ill take the draft pick, but the Steelers gotta be looking at themselves in the mirror in pure disgust right now. Paaaatheeetic.

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 06:50 AM

*flipping through arians excuse rolodex* nope. blame it on execution, right? lebeau didn't tell taylor to let the WR catch the ball.

zulater
01-09-2012, 07:02 AM
*flipping through arians excuse rolodex* nope. blame it on execution, right? lebeau didn't tell taylor to let the WR catch the ball.

Yeah but he didn't give him safety help after it was obvious that Ike was struggling with the one on one match-up there.

And I'm not excusing the offense. They played their part too in the loss. But in my opinion the Denver offensive output was the more surprising aspect of what happened yesterday. If you told anyone going in the Steelers would score 23, no one would have thought for a minute that would have lost.

That is anyone that had seen the Broncos inept offensive play prior to yesterday.

But I'm glad you foresaw it Dude.

ALLD
01-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Most of Tebow's throws were wing it up near a receiver and hope he makes the catch. Our receivers except Brown and Miller were dropping balls all night. Our D was undiciplined and out of place, fooled by Fox's play calling and our OL is wretched.

Ben
Brown
Miller
Redman
Harrison
showed up. Everybody else was ineffective.