PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 07:08 PM
lol

Count Steeler
01-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Failed when we needed him most. Piss poor game.

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 07:10 PM
worst game of the career

smokin3000gt
01-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Not all on Ike. This is what happens when we show up for the game at 6:00pm instead of 4:30. Team loss all around.

Edman
01-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Haven't seen a worse performance than that by a good player since Rod Woodson in the '96 playoffs at New England.

Ironic and Fitting way to end the season.

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 07:14 PM
It was the same thing for the Saints against the Seahawks in 2010.

Their defense against the pass(Roman Harper) had his worst game of the year

katmandu
01-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Not all on Ike. This is what happens when we show up for the game at 6:00pm instead of 4:30. Team loss all around.Losing too many starters to injuries is the MAIN reason we lost this game.

SteelerEmpire
Not all on Ike. This is what happens when we show up for the game at 6:00pm instead of 4:30. Team loss all around.

I think he (Taylor) single handedly gave Tim Tebow (of all QB's) 200 yds tonight....

katmandu
worst game of the careerGot his ass burned repeatedly tonight.

Nadroj 20
No doubt Ike is a good player but he played terrible today. Not putting the loss on him because I never blame one person in a team sport, but he definitely played horrible.

GodfatherofSoul
01-08-2012, 07:16 PM
I won't blame one guy. We had too many injuries so people had to fudge coverages to make up for backups.

SMR
01-08-2012, 07:17 PM
No doubt Ike is a good player but he played terrible today. Not putting the loss on him because I never blame one person in a team sport, but he definitely played horrible.

Now everyone's gonna mock the "Come face me Ike"!

Sigh...

What a laughingstock!

Count Steeler
01-08-2012, 07:18 PM
I blame our overall lack of intensity. You don't need the best athletes, you need to have the hearts of champions. Ben was willing to give up his body in the 4th quarter. Everyone else needs to do a gut check.

polamalubeast
I like Ike Taylor despite his bad game.

It's unfortunate that he had his worst game in the playoffs.

Fortunately it was not the super bowl!

steelerdude15
Ike played good all season long, until today. What happened Ike?

JayC
01-08-2012, 07:19 PM
played his worst when we needed him most. very sad performance by our best corner

SMR
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Ike played good all season long, until today. What happened Ike?

Maybe Ike has sickle cell syndrome like Clark and doesn't even know it!

P.S. I had to edit this. This was a bad and tasteless post on my part regarding those who suffer from the affliction. I posted without thinking first, and I apologize to any and all that I may have offended. It was uncalled for.

Sorry.

tube517
01-08-2012, 07:21 PM
I blame our overall lack of intensity. You don't need the best athletes, you need to have the hearts of champions. Ben was willing to give up his body in the 4th quarter. Everyone else needs to do a gut check.

Yep.

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 07:21 PM
I think most of us knew this team was a little off this year in big games except for 1 (NE). This really comes as no surprise.

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I think most of us knew this team was a little off this year in big games except for 1 (NE). This really comes as no surprise.

12-5=off year?

Devilsdancefloor
01-08-2012, 07:23 PM
ike was sleep walking 90% of the game & got burned for it.

JayC
01-08-2012, 07:24 PM
we can all blame ike but wheres the safety help. he's not the only reason for all the big plays. was clark's health situation the key to the game? seems like it

SteelerEmpire
12-5=off year?

Notice I said "big games"... Outside of that our schedule was really not that difficult this year.

tube517
The 2006 Ike Taylor showed up today

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Notice I said "big games"... Outside of that our schedule was really not that difficult this year.

the injury of Woodley and Roethlisberger has killed the team.

SMR
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
The 2006 Ike Taylor showed up today

Ugh! NO need to remind us.

*Looking for the Pepto Bismol*

Count Steeler
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Pouncey and Clark were sorely missed today.

steelpride12
01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Blaming Ike may be the largest form of crying like a baby because it was an equal defeat and picking on your #1 corner is hilarious.

dislocatedday
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
What was Ryan Mundy doing on that last play? I'm puzzled why nobody was playing centerfield on that play. Mundy looked totally out of position, but perhaps the scheme called for him to come all the way up to the line like that. I don't know....it just looked off to me.

katmandu
01-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Pouncey and Clark were sorely missed today.As was....

1)A HEALTHY Ben,
2) Casey
3) Brett
4) Mendenhall
5) Max Starks

tube517
01-08-2012, 07:34 PM
we can all blame ike but wheres the safety help. he's not the only reason for all the big plays. was clark's health situation the key to the game? seems like it

Maybe but selling out to stop the run is on the coaches.

Steeldude
01-08-2012, 07:42 PM
he is given way too much money to have that bad of a game. what's almost as bad is his embarrassing attitude when he knows he committed pass interference, but tries to play it off like he did nothing.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Maybe but selling out to stop the run is on the coaches.

agreed. it was very evident from LITERALLY the very first play to the very last one that we came into this game completely disrespecting the passing capabilities of Tebow. I cant blame Lebeau or anyone else for that, i mean honestly, no one saw this one coming. Kudos to Tebow

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 07:49 PM
I feel bad for Ike as he really tried this year. But right now this might be his mental state:

http://www.ostrichheadinsand.com/images/ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

steelreserve
01-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Ike Taylor was a fucking turd tonight. I don't remember the last time I've seen any DB have an individual game that was so awful. This includes Gay and McFadden at their worst. What the hell happened to him today?

katmandu
01-08-2012, 08:20 PM
What the hell happened to him today?He took Tebow for granted and under-estimated his power of prayer!

SMR
01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
He took Tebow for granted and under-estimated his power of prayer!

Seriously, that could be a part of it. No one should ever underestimate any SINCERE Christian. I honestly believe Tebow is one of them.

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Seriously, that could be a part of it. No one should ever underestimate any SINCERE Christian. I honestly believe Tebow is one of them.

True that. But this team has been crapping it's pants in "big games" all year except for the Pats. I think it would be the same result no matter who.

SMR
01-08-2012, 08:48 PM
True that. But this team has been crapping it's pants in "big games" all year except for the Pats. I think it would be the same result no matter who.

I agree with you. It's frustating.

ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

fansince'76
01-08-2012, 10:22 PM
I feel kinda foolish for being pissed that he was dissed for the Pro Bowl...

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM
It's one game.

BlastFurnace
01-08-2012, 10:25 PM
The scheme was more of a problem than Ike was. LeBeau didn't adjust to anything all day long. He left Ike on an Island without giving him any help at all.

Ike was more than solid this season.

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Ike Just Tweeted:

@Ike_SwagginU
Ike Taylor

Second I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time apologize to my teammates steelernation and family. Luv y'all to def

tube517
01-08-2012, 10:43 PM
The scheme was more of a problem than Ike was. LeBeau didn't adjust to anything all day long. He left Ike on an Island without giving him any help at all.

LeBeau didn't make the right adjustments. But Ike still had a bad game and even admitted so. He'll bounce back. He's still our best CB and played well during the year.

NCSteeler
01-09-2012, 12:34 AM

Looked to me that they needed both safeties playing near the box to stop the run. Normally if you give Ike a man on man assignment he wins that battle, today Thomas schooled him. Just wasn't his day, but I wouldn't blame it on scheme

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm reminded of Louis Murphy's 75 yard touchdown back in 2009. Very similar play though I think Murphy ran a deep 8 coming across the field whereas Thomas ran a skinny post. Incorrect leverage by Ike, can't let him win inside with the middle of the field wide open.

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 01:37 AM
12-5=off year?

keep in mind the steelers had a weak schedule. the rams, colts, browns twice, bengals twice, seattle, tennessee, chiefs and jacksonville aren't powerhouse teams. the only decent team the steelers beat was the patriots.

steelreserve
01-09-2012, 02:52 AM
keep in mind the steelers had a weak schedule. the rams, colts, browns twice, bengals twice, seattle, tennessee, chiefs and jacksonville aren't powerhouse teams. the only decent team the steelers beat was the patriots.

You can't have 16 powerhouses on your schedule. Titans, Chiefs, Seahawks and Browns may have had disappointing years, but they were the kinds of teams that can give anybody trouble. I have a sneaking suspicion that if you go by whatever standard you're talking about, everybody had a weak schedule.

I mean, the Packers only played the Panthers, Bears twice, Broncos, Rams, Vikings twice, Bucs, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs .. I mean, what a cupcake schedule; their team much be a joke.

(actually, wait, that's 11 games against teams that averaged below 6-10. maybe there is something to that.)

XxKnightxX
01-09-2012, 03:54 AM
12-5=off year?

2 losses to the ravens, loss to playoff team houston, loss at a chance for the division lead against SF and loss at a playoff game. BIG game losses. I would of been happy losing to the Seahags or Cards in trade for those 2 baltimore games. Anyway seasons over, those guys need their body to rest.

Tugger
01-09-2012, 07:17 AM
"Swagger" gets burned EVERY game and is nothing without a lot of upfront help. Plain garbage and I will not retract this statement. I have disliked his play for a long time and will continue to do so. But, after seeing that he was struggling with the man to man coverage, LeBeau should have called more zone to help. I completely feel that we could contain their run game without the DB's peaking into the backfield. It's the safety responsibility to aid in runstopping anyway, not the damn CB.
Furthermore, I know there wil be some that will argue about Taylor, but a pick here or there does not make you good. Neither does not being put under pressure because the front seven is so good. Ask Nnamdi if man to man is a cakewalk, it's not but Ike isn't the guy.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2012, 09:48 AM
What was Ryan Mundy doing on that last play? I'm puzzled why nobody was playing centerfield on that play. Mundy looked totally out of position, but perhaps the scheme called for him to come all the way up to the line like that. I don't know....it just looked off to me.

Yeah, NFL Network said they thought Mundy faked the blitz too late and could not get back in coverage. Taylor was playing outside technique because he thought he had help inside.

Polamalu was on the back of a milk carton. He made Daniel Fells look like Ozzie Newsome and seemed to make little impact.

ayeyojjo
01-09-2012, 09:52 AM
"Swagger" gets burned EVERY game and is nothing without a lot of upfront help. Plain garbage and I will not retract this statement. I have disliked his play for a long time and will continue to do so. But, after seeing that he was struggling with the man to man coverage, LeBeau should have called more zone to help. I completely feel that we could contain their run game without the DB's peaking into the backfield. It's the safety responsibility to aid in runstopping anyway, not the damn CB.
Furthermore, I know there wil be some that will argue about Taylor, but a pick here or there does not make you good. Neither does not being put under pressure because the front seven is so good. Ask Nnamdi if man to man is a cakewalk, it's not but Ike isn't the guy.

Preach my brother! Preach!:high5:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2012, 09:54 AM
He took Tebow for granted and under-estimated his power of prayer!

Here is what I dont get about Christianity, God and Football. Maybe somebody can answer this for me. If Tebow prays for success and a victory, then Polamalu does the same.....how does God decide who wins?? Does he judge who has the better prayer???

Paluma0268
01-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Isn't it funny how no one seems to make a huge deal out of Troy crossing himself often during games, (and we see it on TV so it's not done secretly) yet when Tim "Tebows" it's this huge deal. I think it's all about how it's done. Troy does it, but not in a show-offy way. THAT is what grates on me about Tebow-he's in your face with it, which invites all the media circus.

melvind02
01-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Here is what I dont get about Christianity, God and Football. Maybe somebody can answer this for me. If Tebow prays for success and a victory, then Polamalu does the same.....how does God decide who wins?? Does he judge who has the better prayer???

No one knows the answer to that question. "All things work to the good of those of love the Lord" We may never know the answer, how about this maybe a test. If you are a Christian, you now the rain falls on the just as well as the unjust. We don't always get what we pray for, I had often pondered Tebow and the Christian faith he desplays. I too am a Christian and I just feel that ALL CHRISTIANS get persecuted one way or another. Not getting preachy here but, Jesus said "the world will hate you, because it hated me first" Sometimes I keep my relgious beliefs to myself to keep from getting persecuted, made fun of or down right cussed out. I bleed Black and Gold and My heart still hurts from last night's loss. I have to deal with it and move on. Whether Tebow wins or loses he will always have haters because of his faith and how "others" judge him and how he displays his faith.