PDA

View Full Version : premier corner!

Buckinnuts
01-08-2012, 06:35 PM
yep looks like the premier corner #24 is doing such a great job.....freakin bum

The Duke
01-08-2012, 06:37 PM
one bad game on the season, of course he's a bum!

cut him now!

Buckinnuts
01-08-2012, 06:44 PM
just never liked the guy...my opinion!

Buckinnuts
01-08-2012, 07:09 PM
BUM!

Carolina Steelers
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Should we cut the LBer's also for no pressure plus Harrison kept getting sucked in all those options that tebow kept. I agree Ike had a great season just picked the wrong game to have his worse game.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2012, 07:38 PM
LOL. Ike had a bad guy. Hate him for as long as you need to, but come next season, he's still the #1 cornerback on numerous #1 pass defenses throughout the decade

The Duke
01-08-2012, 07:46 PM
just never liked the guy...my opinion!

so what did you think about him the rest of the year? By all accounts he was excellent. No complaining then??

he was a bum tonight, no doubt. I just hate it when people come out of the woodworks to pile on a player/team after they have had success and suddenly have a small hiccup

7willBheaven
01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
so what did you think about him the rest of the year? By all accounts he was excellent. No complaining then??

he was a bum tonight, no doubt. I just hate it when people come out of the woodworks to pile on a player/team after they have had success and suddenly have a small hiccup

Very well said.

Buckinnuts
01-08-2012, 07:55 PM

he was a bum tonight, no doubt. I just hate it when people come out of the woodworks to pile on a player/team after they have had success and suddenly have a small hiccup..
Never liked him from the start...ever..always thought he was overated...most on hete has seen in past i hate the guy...not out of the woodwork.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Never liked him from the start...ever..always thought he was overated...most on hete has seen in past i hate the guy...not out of the woodwork.

:lol:

steel9guy
01-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Lets not overreact. Taylor had a great season and he had a bad game.

XxKnightxX
01-09-2012, 04:37 AM
Who are these people coming out of nowhere. One bad game and hes a bum? Hahahahahah this is hilarious.

BlastFurnace
01-09-2012, 05:00 AM
yep looks like the premier corner #24 is doing such a great job.....freakin bum

Ike had a bad game. He's the best CB we have on the roster and a darn good one at that.

The problem was that the Steelers defense, as a whole, didn't adapt to what Denver was doing and the front 7 can't pressure the QB any longer.

Ike is not a problem on defense.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 05:05 AM
I'll have to look at it again but was Ike really that terrible? Wasn't good by his standards but do all those big plays fall on him?

The first deep ball came after Tebow had a good 5-7 seconds in the pocket. That's tough to defend for any cornerback.

The game winner came on what looked like a schematic issue. It's tough to saw with any certainity what happened. Mundy semi-blamed himself on the play. I'd think Ike should have inside leverage but who knows exactly what Mundy's responsibilty was on the play.

And I'm probably using some hindsight here because I suggested "on" coverage, but this is a reason why our corners play off. They can read their 3 step game and have plenty of time to get into their backpedal to defend deep routes.

HometownGal
01-09-2012, 05:18 AM
Should we cut the LBer's also for no pressure plus Harrison kept getting sucked in all those options that tebow kept. I agree Ike had a great season just picked the wrong game to have his worse game.

This. ^^^^ :applaudit:

Count Steeler
01-09-2012, 05:26 AM
Having had a night to sleep on this, Ike looked horrible, but I think the absence of Clark was really exposed yesterday. Mundy did not adapt to what the Broncos were doing and was caught out of position. There were even a couple of series where Polamalu played the deep safety and Mundy was up on the line. I think this was an adjustment to compensate for the absence of Clark.

As for the winning touchdown, their receiver stiffed arm Ike and was off to the races. No one else behind to help out. Even Sims noted this during the game, that if the Broncos got passed the line of scrimmage, they could easily go the distance.

Our pass rush and the lack of pressure needs to be addressed. You can not give ANY QB in the NFL 5-7 seconds to throw the ball.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 05:31 AM
On some of the deep balls, Troy was the help over the top. Not Mundy. And Troy has played deep safety with Clark up in the box a lot in past games. So I don't see it as a Mundy/Clark issue. Of course, I'm still trying to figure out how this defense that doesn't give up the deep ball can allow so many chunk plays like that. It just doesn't happen to us, we pride ourselves on not letting it happen and year in and year out, we're at the top of the league in that category.

Troy looked like he did in his rookie year at times. Looked lost. Guess it's a product of not being used to seeing a successful Broncos' passing offense.

Count Steeler
01-09-2012, 05:34 AM
On some of the deep balls, Troy was the help over the top. Not Mundy. And Troy has played deep safety with Clark up in the box a lot in past games. So I don't see it as a Mundy/Clark issue. Of course, I'm still trying to figure out how this defense that doesn't give up the deep ball can allow so many chunk plays like that. It just doesn't happen to us, we pride ourselves on not letting it happen and year in and year out, we're at the top of the league in that category.

Troy looked like he did in his rookie year at times. Looked lost. Guess it's a product of not being used to seeing a successful Broncos' passing offense.

The lack of consistent pressure on Tebow was a factor.

Perhaps there was no communication in the secondary yesterday? Can't always see everything from the TV screen.

Chidi29
01-09-2012, 05:38 AM
The lack of consistent pressure on Tebow was a factor.

Perhaps there was no communication in the secondary yesterday? Can't always see everything from the TV screen.

Communication is a big factor for Clark and Polamalu. So it's definitely possible.