PDA

View Full Version : League greases the skids for Patriots.

zulater
01-08-2012, 11:21 AM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=POST#Week

It's already been determined the winner of today's AFC Wild Card game has got the short week, and will have to turn around and play on Saturday in New England.:mad2:

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 11:25 AM
What will the refs do in Feb if they have to chose between Brady and Brees? :poop:

zulater
01-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Why can't the league make it so Saturday's Wild Card winners play the following Saturday, and Sunday's winner's play the next Sunday?

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 11:57 AM
In 2010, the Steelers play a Saturday and they playing against the Ravens(wildcard round) who play on Sunday against KC.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2012, 12:11 PM
We havent even played yet and already some are talking about a Patriots conspiracy?? Come on guys, lets be real and lose the inferiority complex.

zulater
01-08-2012, 12:13 PM
In 2010, the Steelers play a Saturday and they playing against the Ravens(wildcard round) who play on Sunday against KC.

Yeah I remember that, and also thought at the time it was unfair to the Ravens.

Just as I thought it was unfair in 2002 when we had to face the Titans in Nashville off a short week.

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 12:19 PM
We havent even played yet and already some are talking about a Patriots conspiracy?? Come on guys, lets be real and lose the inferiority complex.

Did you watch how the refs called the Saints/Lions game last night????

zulater
01-08-2012, 12:20 PM

The Pats are just the latest beneficiary of the league's long standing hypocrisy about player safety and competitive balance, when all it's ever been about is kissing the network's asses and squeezing out every last dollar.

You going to tell me that having a team fly across the country on a short week to face a well rested foe promotes player safety or competitive balance?

It's real simple, Saturday's winners should play the following Saturday. The Networks should just have to deal with it.

smokin3000gt
01-08-2012, 02:13 PM
What will the refs do in Feb if they have to chose between Brady and Brees? :poop:

Brady wins by default.

steel striker
01-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Plus not too mention last night's game is what the wothless Comish wants all passing 45-28 games with no hitting and, bs calls from the refs. Nothing against Brees but, my god I think I could have thrown for 350 yards mysef. Has Brees been sacked more than 5 times all season? I thought Brady had all day.

BigNastyDefense
01-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Listen, it doesn't fucking matter. We'll go into New England next week and knock that pansy motherfucker around, get him jump and scared, and walk out of that shithole of a town they play in with their heads on spears because we fucking killed them. I am afraid of nobody!