PDA

View Full Version : Nervous?

zulater
01-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Nervous? I am. I think we'll win, but I hate playing a team that doesn't belong in the playoffs, because they come in with little to no pressure. Look at recent history, the 7-9 Seahawks had no business being in the playoffs but still managed to take out a very good Saint's team. The Jets only got in in 2009 because the Colts decided not to play a game, then they went in and took out a couple teams that belonged once in there. Then you had the 8-8 Chargers take out a real good Colt team a year before that. Anyway there's something to be said about playing with house money. A few lucky bounces and those sort get real dangerous, particularly in their own building, and after hearing for a week how they aren't good enough.
:uhoh:

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Nervous?

yes

Chidi29
01-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Of course. It's the playoffs, I don't know how any fan wouldn't be nervous no matter who the opponent is.

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 10:48 AM
The Super Bowl and the first playoff game of the year is the most stressful for me

Mamaduck43
01-08-2012, 11:04 AM
My guts are churning..... I just realized that I am happy that I decided to pass on the trip to Denver for the game.... I would be somewhere between the AMTRAK station and the stadium right now and I would most likely be looking for a place to throw up.... I have snacky stuff for the game, but I know that I realistically will be unable to eat until the game is over..... I woke up a couple of times during the night with the "Polamalu" song and "Renegade" running through my mind.... I am such a wreck during playoffs that I am much better off sitting here by myself - - I don't even answer my phone.... And a few minutes after the game is over, I will get 3 phone calls - - one from each kid, making sure that I survived the game.... There was a time lag after SB this February - - - I think that they checked with each other before braving calling mom......
I want this so badly..... I hope that the team has the same fire in their guts as I have..... Go, Steelers.....

steelerdude15
01-08-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm not, but I might be coming game time.

O'Malley
01-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Have been since Saturday.. It's snowing in Denver and Tebow has never played in the snow... That calms me down a little.

Buckinnuts
01-08-2012, 12:04 PM
I just hope the D doesnt get to wrapped up in Tbow and for get the running game.....
nervous every game...yes...these are the teams that scare me the most...the below average teams

Polamalu Princess
01-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Yes, I am but I think we are going to win it today.

XxKnightxX
01-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Nervous as always, its the playoffs and its a road game. I wont relax until we get a 24 point lead, which may not happen.

Iron Steeler
01-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Yes very

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 12:17 PM
I hate it when the media rags on a team so bad saying they have no chance at all. The Tebows are feeding off it and that alone makes the dangerous. If we were not literally limping into the playoffs, I'd feel a lot better. Healthy and whole, this team can beat anybody.

Nervous....hell yeah!

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 12:26 PM
This should make us all feel much better... :chuckle:

James C Wexell@jimwexell2m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/jimwexell/status/156078578277167104)

Don't buy into Pitts injury woes. Redman can play, Ben improving w week, Kemo played best 2 games of late, FS Ryan Clark out vs. run team.

Chidi29
01-08-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't get why Clark's absence is being made out to be unimportant because they're a running team. Clark is one of our best run defenders.

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't get why Clark's absence is being made out to be unimportant because they're a running team. Clark is one of our best run defenders.

James C Wexell@jimwexell9m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/jimwexell/status/156082429088628737)
Ryan Clark told me his loss will be insignificant because Mundy"s bigger and won't have to worry about pass as much vs. Denver.

This only applies of course until Brady Quinn enters the game with his deep, deadly accurate passing.

Chidi29
01-08-2012, 12:53 PM
I get that but Clark isn't just a coverage guy. He's just as instrumental in this team's run defense as he is in the pass defense as odd as that may souund for a free safety.

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 12:56 PM
He's also one of primary reasons that allows for to Troy be able to be Troy. Troy and Ryan are ying and yang.

Chidi29
01-08-2012, 12:59 PM
He's also one of primary reasons that allows for to Troy be able to be Troy. Troy and Ryan are ying and yang.

Honestly, I think that's overstated, too. Troy can still bounce around on the line because Mundy will likely be over the top most of the time. Mundy is smart and has had to prepare each week as if he was the stater since he's the backup at both safety spots. He knows the playbook. And at the end of the day, Mundy will still have to execute. Troy can't and won't be able to babysit him.

tube517
01-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Nervous as always, its the playoffs and its a road game. I wont relax until we get a 24 point lead, which may not happen.

That will never happen. I have my meds ready and the ambulance on standby. :chuckle:

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 01:17 PM
That will never happen. I have my meds ready and the ambulance on standby. :chuckle:

Good plan. :lol:

LLT
01-08-2012, 01:23 PM
I seem to remember a "Screaming Mimi" steelers fan from our last playoff game in Denver....

...I'm nervous that she shows back up and I have to listen to her screech for three hours.

(And I KNOW that some of you remember her too!!!)

Buckinnuts
01-08-2012, 01:27 PM
hopefully the "apple pie " I am drinking will take the edge off enough so I wont be to bad...lol

GBMelBlount
01-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Nervous? I am. I think we'll win, but I hate playing a team that doesn't belong in the playoffs, because they come in with little to no pressure. Look at recent history, the 7-9 Seahawks had no business being in the playoffs but still managed to take out a very good Saint's team. The Jets only got in in 2009 because the Colts decided not to play a game, then they went in and took out a couple teams that belonged once in there. Then you had the 8-8 Chargers take out a real good Colt team a year before that. Anyway there's something to be said about playing with house money. A few lucky bounces and those sort get real dangerous, particularly in their own building, and after hearing for a week how they aren't good enough.

Great point Zu.

Many very good teams do not get as fired up when playing teams perceived as "mediocre"....and that is always a concern.

There is enough parity that over confidence can be a recipe for disaster....

steel striker
01-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Yes very like most steeler fans and, Im always nervous about are games especially playoff games. To complicate things here at home my wife is a huge Tebow fan. I will say my wife has rooted for the steelers since 1996 but, i told her we will watch the game in seperate rooms lol. Sorry back to the thread if Ben was not banged up I might be less nervous and, I just hope the o-line can keep him clean.

43Hitman
01-08-2012, 02:27 PM
I seem to remember a "Screaming Mimi" steelers fan from our last playoff game in Denver....

...I'm nervous that she shows back up and I have to listen to her screech for three hours.

(And I KNOW that some of you remember her too!!!)

As good as that game is, I still cannot watch the replay of it because of her screeching through the whole darn thing.

Devilsdancefloor
01-08-2012, 02:27 PM
im always nervous at play off time! but really am fo rthis game for sure we are not healthy as we should be

BlastFurnace
01-08-2012, 02:51 PM
No, not nervous. It's just a football game.

HometownGal
01-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Just an itsy bitsy bit but no more than I am for any other game.

I BELIEVE! :tt02: :tt03: :tt02:

Edman
01-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Not really. I really don't expect much from the Steelers. Too many issues like Injuries, Offense struggling (30 points scored TOTAL over the past three games), Steelers mediocre on the road this year, playing a weaker team (Like Colts and Chiefs) with nothing to lose.

We're not running away with this game. We pull it out of our asses or we lose. Really not feeling big things. Just winning.

Win or lose, it's been a good season. Not going to make the big game every year.

tube517
01-08-2012, 03:29 PM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/11519-WILD-CARD-ROUND-Steelers-vs-Broncos-Sunday-4-30pm?p=250094&viewfull=1#post250094

Tugger
01-08-2012, 04:58 PM
This is ridiculous. Ike Taylor is letting me down even more than usual. Ben, go sit down!!!

smokin3000gt
01-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Yes! I'm shittin' bricks right now!

zulater
01-09-2012, 03:21 PM

Nearly nailed it! Though I wish I hadn't.