PDA

View Full Version : The burning question as playoffs start: Can they win it all?

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Sometimes, numbers foreshadow inevitable results - win or lose. However, the Steelers' 12-4 record doesn't reveal what path the six-time Super Bowl champions will take when they begin postseason play today in Denver.

The Steelers' playoff journey could end abruptly at Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium against the 8-8 Broncos. Or they could navigate the choppy waters in the ensuing rounds and finish triumphantly in Super Bowl XLVI at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

Indeed, the Steelers' postseason fate is as fragile as the heavily taped ankle of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
If nothing else, the Steelers may have been strengthened by adversity. It's conceivable, too, that they are deeper than last year's team that came within a fumble and a handful of aimless throws of winning the Vince Lombardi Trophy for a seventh time................

Read more: The burning question as playoffs start: Can they win it all? - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_775593.html#ixzz1isUC0XBd) http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_775593.html#ixzz1isUC0XBd

fansince'76
01-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Due to injuries, I don't look to go past the divisional round, but I'm going to enjoy the ride however long it lasts.

cold-hard-steel
01-08-2012, 09:16 AM
As long as we have "a horse still in the race" we have a shot at this thing.I am a believer!!!!

BigNastyDefense
01-08-2012, 10:02 AM
I STEEL BELIEVE!

As long as Ben can play, I believe we have a shot to win the game. Hopefully we get Pouncey back next week because our line is better when he's in the lineup.

86WARD
01-08-2012, 10:11 AM
If I have to pick Yes or No. It's an easy No. They stink on the road with all the games being just that...road games. They are limping into the playoffs and that is never a good thing. New England has typically owned the Steelers...especially at playoff time. The Ravens have owned the Steelers this season. The myth that it's tough to beat a team in 3 times in one season is just that...a myth. THe Steelers pass defense...as much as it has improved, hasn't faced the likes of Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees...

However, this team finds ways to win...so hopefully they continue to do that...and here's to the fluke Tebow play not beating them today.

BigPoppaG
01-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Due to injuries, I don't look to go past the divisional round, but I'm going to enjoy the ride however long it lasts.

I have to agree with this assessment.

steelerdude15
01-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Believe.

X-Terminator
01-08-2012, 11:55 AM
No.

GBMelBlount
01-08-2012, 12:34 PM
If Ben does not play well the defense will have to play it's most dominant ball in years in order to win it all.

I am still in disbelief at the decision to over play him while so gimped / injured.

I hope and Pray Ben can pull it out today!

ALLD
01-08-2012, 12:39 PM
They should beat the Broncos and they could beat the Pats, but they might have a problem traveling to Texas. I do not see them beating NO or GB in the SB.

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 12:44 PM
It is what it is.

And you guys are forgetting the obvious...the Rooney's pay off the refs and the league really, really wants the Steelers to win the superbowl. All our games are rigged. We got this.

Believe.