PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network. Best in the biz segment. TE's

Kaeg
07-07-2010, 05:56 AM
I'm a little upset. Last night I was watching NFL network. It's basically where I live. My biggest source of football.
They were doing a segment they call "Best in the biz". Last night was about tight ends. They listed the top five with of course the usual names in there for the most part. Naming 6 people. (There was a tie for 5th.) Of course, no mention of Heath. That to me was bad enough, but then they go on to mention several more. Probably about 6. Sort of an honorable mention, I would suppose. I feel really insulted that STILL his name wasn't even brought up. They specifically pissed me off when they were talking about the qualities a lot of these TE's have. Like catching and blocking......hello...? Really? I guess Heath isn't so great at that...?
Am I too sensitive about this? I personally feel he's top 5 in the NFL at the very least but rarely gets mention for it.
Sorry I have no link, but they will probably re air it for a while as they usually do. I'm pretty sure it was during "Total Access".

solardave
07-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Don't take it personally. Heath gets the snub every year. He's one of the best in our (fans) eyes!!! That's all that matters.

steeldevil
07-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Let him continue to be underrated. Maybe he will get a chip on his shoulder and actually improve his play. Then he might crack the top 15......:pointlaugh:

BigNastyDefense
07-07-2010, 11:53 AM
So what? He's a Steeler, so he won't get much respect from the national media. If you're not used to it by now, get used to it.

polamalubeast
07-07-2010, 11:54 AM
:coffee:

xX-TSK-Xx
07-07-2010, 01:01 PM
I saw this also. I disagree with the list. They had Tony Gonzalez first. Not anymore Tony.

My top five would probably be

5 Heath Miller
4 Vernon Davis
3 Antonio Gates
2 Jason Witten
1 Dallas Clark

They also had Jermicheal Finley at five. In my opinion Brett Celek, Kellen Winslow II, Chris Cooley, Owen Daniels and Visanthe Shiancoe are all better tightends. I might even put Zach Miller above Finley.

Also, heres a link to the video if anyone wants to see it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81901bf2/Best-in-the-biz

SteelerFanInStl
07-07-2010, 01:18 PM
I saw that last night too and just laughed to myself. I knew that Heath wouldn't get mentioned because he doesn't put up the gaudy catch/TD numbers. NFL Network, ESPN, etc. only care about the numbers, not the blocking. Heath is a top 5 all around TE, no question. Most of those other guys don't have a clue about how to block.

NCSteeler
07-07-2010, 07:42 PM
That's a solid top 5 you put together and I strongly agree on Finley. Shiancoe is definitely better than Finley. Not sure if I coud put Clark first though, I'm not big on his blocking, I might bump hm down and bump Davis up one spot.

I saw this also. I disagree with the list. They had Tony Gonzalez first. Not anymore Tony.

My top five would probably be

5 Heath Miller
4 Vernon Davis
3 Antonio Gates
2 Jason Witten
1 Dallas Clark

They also had Jermicheal Finley at five. In my opinion Brett Celek, Kellen Winslow II, Chris Cooley, Owen Daniels and Visanthe Shiancoe are all better tightends. I might even put Zach Miller above Finley.

Also, heres a link to the video if anyone wants to see it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81901bf2/Best-in-the-biz

BigNastyDefense
07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I saw that last night too and just laughed to myself. I knew that Heath wouldn't get mentioned because he doesn't put up the gaudy catch/TD numbers. NFL Network, ESPN, etc. only care about the numbers, not the blocking. Heath is a top 5 all around TE, no question. Most of those other guys don't have a clue about how to block.

I couldn't agree more. Most of them are WR's playing TE.

wootawnee
07-08-2010, 04:19 AM
Dallas Clark is the best Tight end in the game........Maybe the best playmaker in the league......I love that dude......Wish he was on my team......

Galax Steeler
07-08-2010, 04:29 AM
There is alot of Steelers that don't get the respect they should. To me Heath should be ranked with the best.