PDA

View Full Version : Quinn package could be interesting !

Moose
01-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Source: Broncos have specific packages for Quinn (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/06/source-broncos-have-specific-packages-for-quinn/)
Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2012, 9:57 PM EST

APWe’ve reported — and we stand by those reports despite denials from the man at the center of the action — that Broncos quarterback Brady Quinn has received roughly half the reps with the first-team offense in practice this week. It previously wasn’t known why Quinn received the extra reps.

Now, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the Broncos have installed specific packages for Quinn premised on second-and-long and third-and-long situations.

Whether and to what extent Quinn actually plays remains unknown. But despite anything said by Quinn or reported elsewhere, the Broncos are getting Quinn ready for something.

In two seasons with the Broncos, Quinn has not yet appeared in a regular-season game. He last played in 2009, when he started nine times for the Browns.

Quinn will be a free agent in March. Thus, he could help himself tremendously if he plays — and if he plays well.

<> This could be interesting. Looks like they have NO trust in Tebow in 2nd ( 3rd) and long situations. Hopefully it won't be a 'surprise' to OUR CB's when Quinn comes in in a 2nd and LONG situation that there MAY BE A PASS !!!! You think !!?? Heads up Black/Yellow CB's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And how awesome would it be to knock out 2 QB's in 1 playoff game ?! LOL

fansince'76
01-07-2012, 09:13 AM
I know I'm skeered.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2007/05/medium_yipesbrady.jpg

PalmerSteel
01-07-2012, 10:17 AM
no matter the score, if tebow is struggling he will be pulled by halftime for quinn IMO. this is the type of QB that we should be worried. someone that we have hardly any prep for and can actually throw the ball.

tube517
01-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Taking a page out of the early 80s Dolphins' QB rotation known as "Woodstrock". :heh:

Not exactly the same scenario as Strock was more of the "closer/reliever". But still reminds me of that a little.

Quinn package

:rofl2:

Moose
01-07-2012, 11:48 AM
no matter the score, if tebow is struggling he will be pulled by halftime for quinn IMO. this is the type of QB that we should be worried. someone that we have hardly any prep for and can actually throw the ball.

I some what agree. The only thing is I would think that playoff time isn't the best time to play ' musical QB '. I agree that it would be awkward for the opponent to have to plan against 2 different QB's, but at the same time it would be awkward for the team themselves to have to study 2 different types of playbooks....one for a QB that can't throw...and one for plays of a QB that can.

BigNastyDefense
01-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Does it include mostly incomplete passes?

We've seen Queer, er Quinn. If he had advanced any, he would have gotten a chance to start before Tebow. He's garbage and a first round bust. He won't be a threat.

salamander
01-07-2012, 02:53 PM
"Garbage" QBs tend to give us headaches. Just saying.

Psycho Ward 86
01-07-2012, 04:35 PM

Not at all, it's been quite the opposite. Do you have evidence of this? Only decent/good QB's have thrown well against this pass defense this year.

salamander
01-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Not at all, it's been quite the opposite. Do you have evidence of this? Only decent/good QB's have thrown well against this pass defense this year.

Joe Flacco. Alex Smith. and that's just this year. I'm mostly going off of past experiences. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

The Duke
01-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Flacco and Smith can at least throw a football correctly

ALLD
01-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Maybe the Broncos are anticipating Tebow running left into a brick wall named Harrison who gongs him into next Tuesday.

salamander
01-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Flacco and Smith can at least throw a football correctly

That is true. Guess I'm still sour over that 92-yard drive. :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
01-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Joe Flacco. Alex Smith. and that's just this year. I'm mostly going off of past experiences. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

Not sure what you're getting at. Flacco and Smith are good enough QB's in this league. "Just this year?" Uh well yeah, it's a brand new year, last season we gave up one of the highest completion percentages and the 12th ranked pass defense, one of the best run defenses in history, yet turnovers and sacks were at a premium. This season, we're repping the best pass defense, but curiously with few sacks and turnovers, and a run defense that has been leaky every now and then. Different year, different experience. That would be like being a Texans fan and being worried about the defense based on last season.

salamander
01-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Not sure what you're getting at. Flacco and Smith are good enough QB's in this league. "Just this year?" Uh well yeah, it's a brand new year, last season we gave up one of the highest completion percentages and the 12th ranked pass defense, one of the best run defenses in history, yet turnovers and sacks were at a premium. This season, we're repping the best pass defense, but curiously with few sacks and turnovers, and a run defense that has been leaky every now and then. Different year, different experience. That would be like being a Texans fan and being worried about the defense based on last season.

Just giving my opinion. Never said you had to agree with it.

salamander
01-08-2012, 07:24 PM

I stand by my statement.