PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Pouncey won't play Sunday

polamalubeast
01-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey, who aggravated his injured left ankle against the Cleveland Browns last Sunday and again in practice on Wednesday, will not play in Sunday's wild-card playoff game in Denver, the Post-Gazette has learned.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12006/1201744-100.stm#ixzz1ihUG3BU6

mortgageman
01-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Again, simply cannot stay healthy.

Tugger
01-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Not good, at least the last mock draft I saw had the Steelers drafting 3 OL 1 LB 1QB and 2 DB. Hopefully the front office realizes we need more help on the OL. IMO I think the Tackles and Center need more depth than Guard... and go to the I and keep a FB in for protection!

katmandu
01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Again, simply cannot stay healthy.And who is at fault for that ?

mortgageman
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Who cares who's fault it is? The fact is the fact, he is injured often, and two for two, during the playoffs. I dont care who's fault it is, in fact, i dont think anyone is at fault. The point is, we took him in the middle of the 1st round, and for an offensive lineman, he has missed a lot of time for this to only be his second year.

X-Terminator
01-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Who cares who's fault it is? The fact is the fact, he is injured often, and two for two, during the playoffs. I dont care who's fault it is, in fact, i dont think anyone is at fault. The point is, we took him in the middle of the 1st round, and for an offensive lineman, he has missed a lot of time for this to only be his second year.

Amazing that fans have clamored for OL help for years, they finally take one in the first round and he has a problem with high ankle sprains. All we can do is hope that this is just a phase and that it doesn't become a trend. High ankle sprains are tricky injuries, and in some people they never really heal properly.

86WARD
01-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Shut him down.

GBMelBlount
01-06-2012, 02:48 PM
At least we beat Cleveland and have momentum going into the playoffs...:chuckle:

BlastFurnace
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Amazing that fans have clamored for OL help for years, they finally take one in the first round and he has a problem with high ankle sprains. All we can do is hope that this is just a phase and that it doesn't become a trend. High ankle sprains are tricky injuries, and in some people they never really heal properly.

If they had to do the draft over again, I'd still take him in a heartbeat.

The injury against the Jets he was rolled up on. This last game against Clevelend, he never should have played in, but that's 20/20.

He has had some bad luck, but he's still the best player we could have taken at the draft spot they were in.

Count Steeler
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Legs, your turn to step up. Hope you heal fully Maurkice. Come back when we get to the Super Bowl, else wise, heal.

ALLD
01-06-2012, 04:26 PM
OL is still the primary need, but add an * to C if available and don't forget we now need a RB since both ours get fumblitis.

Craic
01-06-2012, 05:35 PM

I doubt very much that being injured twice can be considered "often." I would even (as I said somewhere else) hazard a guess that had the first one not happened, the second one wouldn't have, or at least would have not been as bad. WHen you compensate for something, it puts more stress on the other joints in ways that the joint was not intended to function. The re-aggravation an today's again, is simply a continuation of an injury that would have been healed had the coaches made him stay out a couple more games.

This isn't Sep, who has had both knees go out after surgery multiple times, or Willie P., who broke his leg and then dealt with all types of injuries in many different parts of his legs. This is a lineman injured where lineman get injured the most. To cut him, or even throw derision on the pick right now, is foolish at best.

Edman
01-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I chalk it up to bad luck and not an inability to stay healthy.

BlacknGoldBabe
01-06-2012, 07:31 PM
I doubt very much that being injured twice can be considered "often." I would even (as I said somewhere else) hazard a guess that had the first one not happened, the second one wouldn't have, or at least would have not been as bad. WHen you compensate for something, it puts more stress on the other joints in ways that the joint was not intended to function. The re-aggravation an today's again, is simply a continuation of an injury that would have been healed had the coaches made him stay out a couple more games.

This isn't Sep, who has had both knees go out after surgery multiple times, or Willie P., who broke his leg and then dealt with all types of injuries in many different parts of his legs. This is a lineman injured where lineman get injured the most. To cut him, or even throw derision on the pick right now, is foolish at best.

^^ This. I agree totally

tube517
01-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Trade him for a 5th round pick :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Trade him for a 5th round pick :chuckle: scapegoat!

steelerdude15
01-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Maurkice is quickly developing into one of the best centers in the NFL. So he's had a couple of issues, but other than that, he's been great for this team. I love him to death and I'm glad hes a Steeler.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Maurkice is quickly developing into one of the best centers in the NFL. So he's had a couple of issues, but other than that, he's been great for this team. I love him to death and I'm glad hes a Steeler.
How can you use the term "developing" when Pouncey has had a sub par year when compared to last season? If anything, many on this board said he looked to take a step back in the first 5 games. if anything, he regressed this year.

I really hope this does not become another Kendrell Bell type career, but I trust he will bounce back next season.