PDA

View Full Version : Penn State reportedly hires Patriots' OC Bill O'Brien as HC

BigNastyDefense
01-06-2012, 10:30 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7430206/bill-obrien-agrees-penn-state-nittany-lions-coach-sources-say

Looking at Penn State message boards, the Nitt fans are pissed. These people were seriously expecting Nick Saban or Les Miles to come to Happy Valley and take over that mess. There is NO REASON for either of those coaches to leave their current situations to take over the Penn State program.

Also, I guess LaVarr Arrington and other former lettermen are done with the school if they don't keep Bradley as HC or hire someone with ties to Penn State and "keep it in the Penn State family." Don't these idiots realize that "keeping it in the Penn State family" is what caused the entire mess that the school is currently in? I wouldn't be shocked if PSU tells O'Brien to hire and entirely new staff because nobody knows what's going to come out as the Sandusky trial(s) happen and maybe current coaches knew something. If that were to come out, you'd have to let those coaches go....and if it turned out to be the guy the tabbed as HC, they'd be back at looking for a new HC when anyone decent wouldn't be available.

Not to mention, these former players must not realize the stigma that PSU has for the cover up of child rape. They need to change people's perspective of the school, hiring from within would make it look like the status quo in Happy Valley, and Penn State can't have that.

steelerdude15
01-06-2012, 10:59 AM
From what I understand, not many Penn State faithful are happy about this.

86WARD
01-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Meh...

He went to Brown...it must be good...

Polamalu Princess
01-06-2012, 11:40 AM
We shall see how this pans out come next season. I sure hope and pray that it works out well.

The Patriot
01-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Great move. Former Patriots coordinators make excellent head coaches. It's good to see Penn State did their research.

steeldevil
01-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Great move. Former Patriots coordinators make excellent head coaches. It's good to see Penn State did their research.

Please don't remind me of how 'good' they are....

BlacknGoldBabe
01-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Seems LaVar Arrington's pissed...

Two-Time Penn St. All American LaVar Arrington Not Happy With Coaching Search Process « CBS Pittsburgh (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/01/06/two-time-penn-st-all-american-lavar-arrington-not-happy-with-coaching-search-process/)

BigNastyDefense
01-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Arrington and the rest of the football alums are complete jackasses to think their opinion means a shit to Penn State's decision makers.

Talking about suing the school so PSU can't use their likeness to get them to hire someone off of Paterno's staff. Thing is, Penn State paid for the right to use their likeness from their college days by paying for their educations so they could play football, I doubt there's a judge in this country that would rule in the players' favor.

I like how Penn State hiring a football coach outside of the Penn State family is what got these guys attention....not the cover up of child rape. Classy individuals. Fuck Penn State, I hope they burn to the motherfucking ground.

Godfather
01-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Meh...

He went to Brown...it must be good...

Maybe they shouldn't have gone to that well again....