PDA

View Full Version : Kirby Wilson - Life Flighted....

GBMelBlount
01-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Just heard (second hand) that steelers running back coach Kirby Wilson was severely burned in a fire and life flighted to the hospital...

How terrible.

Thoughts and prayers for Kirby and his family.

Chidi29
01-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Oh wow, that's awful.

Thoughts and prayers as well.

Tugger
01-06-2012, 09:09 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_775326.html

fansince'76
01-06-2012, 09:10 AM
How horrible. Thoughts and prayers to Coach Wilson. :pray:

Polamalu Princess
01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Praying for him...so sad.

Chidi29
01-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Statement by Art Rooney

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Statement-on-Kirby-Wilson/bc56a3ec-04ff-433e-8ece-9b3032c1310d

Article that has a little more detail plus video.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/30148381/detail.html

Devilsdancefloor
01-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Hope that they are "minor" burns. prayers for him and his family

X-Terminator
01-06-2012, 10:15 AM
That just sucks. :( Thoughts and prayers with Coach Wilson.

tube517
01-06-2012, 10:54 AM
That sucks. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family

steelerdude15
01-06-2012, 10:57 AM
This is so sad. I hope that he makes a full recovery and he and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the Steelers can win FOR him!!!

86WARD
01-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Prayers out to Kirby.

zulater
01-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Geez this is awful. I pray he and his family get through this allright.

katmandu
01-06-2012, 12:33 PM
How horrible. Thoughts and prayers to Coach Wilson. :pray:X2! Prayers to Coach and his family.

fansince'76
01-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Not life-threatening, thankfully:

Burns not life-threatening for Steelers coach (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12006/1201740-100.stm)

Polamalu Princess
01-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Not life-threatening, thankfully:

Burns not life-threatening for Steelers coach (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12006/1201740-100.stm) Thanks for the update - thank God it is not life-threatening.

Chidi29
01-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Glad to hear it isn't life-threatening but still sounds very serious.

steelreserve
01-06-2012, 01:48 PM
That's terrible.

But I've got great news. I just saved a lot of money on car insurance by switching to Geico.

steelerdiva
01-06-2012, 03:11 PM
That's terrible.

But I've got great news. I just saved a lot of money on car insurance by switching to Geico.

The inconsiderate SOB strikes again.

Count Steeler
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Get well soon coach. Prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

Galax Steeler
01-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Thoughts and prayers for him I hate to see this why couldn't it happen to somebody like Goodell.

Butch
01-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Thoughts and prayers for him I hate to see this why couldn't it happen to somebody like Goodell.

Thoughts and prayers as well.

Good thing it didn't happen to "Go To Hell" or James Harrison would be suspended for not going to his house and pissing on him!!! Just sayin'

fansince'76
01-06-2012, 06:53 PM

Goodell is a moron, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone, personally.

Galax Steeler
01-06-2012, 06:59 PM

I am just saying why does it always happen to the good guys. Take someone like Goodell that is a worthless piece of shit in my book that ruint the game of football nothing ever happens to people like that.

BlacknGoldBabe
01-06-2012, 07:24 PM
I heard about this on the 5:00 news. My prayers go out to Kirby for a speedy and complete recovery and to his family.

steel striker
01-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Many thoughts and prayers to Kirby & his family.

stillers4me
01-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Burns are a terribly painful thing to recover from. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

BigNastyDefense
01-06-2012, 08:31 PM
My thoughts & prayers have been with the Wilson family all day

SMR
01-06-2012, 11:00 PM

Same here. Though I want Goodell to be run outta town (and country, lol), I wouldn't wish that on him either.

XxKnightxX
01-07-2012, 12:54 AM
I am just saying why does it always happen to the good guys. Take someone like Goodell that is a worthless piece of shit in my book that ruint the game of football nothing ever happens to people like that.

Because James Harrisons fines helped pay for a state of the art sprinkler system.

steelerdude15
01-07-2012, 01:00 AM
There's going to be a lot of heavy hearts come Sunday. I hope that this can motivate them to win, but more importantly I hope they win for him.

Galax Steeler
01-07-2012, 04:30 AM
Because James Harrisons fines helped pay for a state of the art sprinkler system.

You are correct.:toofunny:

Craic
01-07-2012, 05:30 AM

I'm sorry, but I completly fail to see your point here. Why is Kirby a "Goodguy"? Because he works for an organization you support? Why is Goodell a "Worthless piece of shit"? Because you don't like how the NFL under his management has developed?

So, that is the moral compass pointing to "good" and "bad" and the punishment that should come to the bad. . .being burnt up in a fire?

Really? I've had about enough of this ignorance. It's time for me to take another vacation from the board.

Austin87
01-07-2012, 10:24 AM
WOW. My thoughts and prayers go out to Coach Kirby and his family.

Galax Steeler
01-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry, but I completly fail to see your point here. Why is Kirby a "Goodguy"? Because he works for an organization you support? Why is Goodell a "Worthless piece of shit"? Because you don't like how the NFL under his management has developed?

So, that is the moral compass pointing to "good" and "bad" and the punishment that should come to the bad. . .being burnt up in a fire?

Really? I've had about enough of this ignorance. It's time for me to take another vacation from the board.

It is an opinion preacher at no time did I have or want any one to agree with me. Yes in your opinion it might be ignorance but it is my opinion not yours.

Craic
01-07-2012, 03:59 PM
It is an opinion preacher at no time did I have or want any one to agree with me. Yes in your opinion it might be ignorance but it is my opinion not yours.

Point of clarification - my statement about ignorance wasn't intended towards you, personally Galax. Sorry about that. I was thinking about the general over-the-top Good-deal bashing that's been happening on this board over the last few months, as if our guys are as pure as fresh fallen snow in a forest and Good-deal pours over the films and newspapers every week find ways to stick it to the Steelers.

Sorry for not being clear. But I don't think (and yes, this is my personal opinion) that this thread was appropriate for such a comment.

Psycho Ward 86
01-07-2012, 04:09 PM

great point

HometownGal
01-08-2012, 05:55 AM
There's going to be a lot of heavy hearts come Sunday. I hope that this can motivate them to win, but more importantly I hope they win for him.

This ^^^^. :pray: :pray: I know I will be thinking of him for sure and keeping those prayers going.

Stylez1877
01-08-2012, 07:50 AM
That's terrible.

Wow, I don't post here a lot, but I read daily. I didn't ship over here from Steeler's Fever with everyone to read shit like this, if I wanted to read drivel I'd have stuck around. I hope Since and co. clean this stuff up. Don't need quality contributors like Preacher taking 'vacations' because this stuff.

On topic, I'm glad he's okay. He's got more important things to worry about today than the Steelers. There are more important things than football--like people's lives..

LLT
01-08-2012, 08:14 AM
I appreciate those who have posted words of encouragement and have offered prayers to the Kirby Wilson family.

I ask that those who have posted indifferent or outright callous remarks...be cognizant of the fact that this site has worked VERY hard to gain personal access to those within the Steelers organization and that members of the Steelers organization (both players and personell) access this site. Those type of comments could/would be offensive to anyone inside the organization who is close to Coach Wilson.

Just food for thought people.

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 08:25 AM
I appreciate those who have posted words of encouragement and have offered prayers to the Kirby Wilson family.

I ask that those who have posted indifferent or outright callous remarks...be cognizant of the fact that this site has worked VERY hard to gain personal access to those within the Steelers organization and that members of the Steelers organization (both players and personell) access this site. Those type of comments could/would be offensive to anyone inside the organization who is close to Coach Wilson.

Just food for thought people.

Thank you , LLT.

zulater
01-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Anyone hear any updates on Kirby and his family? With serious burns infections often are more dangerous than the initial wounds. I hope they got him comfortable, and that his family is ok. One thing's for sure, you know the Rooney's will do everything in their power to see that his recovery goes as good as possible.

Chidi29
01-08-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't know if he is still in a medical coma or not. Getting to the point where he can come out of it is the next step I'd imagine (though I'm no doctor).

stillers4me
01-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I just can't even imagine the pain he's going through. Not to mention how something like this changes your entire life. The poor man will live with disfiguring scars and the trauma forever. Thank God someone found him in time to save his life.....but he's got a long road ahead of him. It won't be easy but thankfully, his family was safely somewhere else and he's have them plus his Steelers family to help him through it.

Chidi29
01-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Wilson's family with a statement.

"Mr. Kirby Wilson remains in critical condition in the Trauma Burn Center at UPMC Mercy in Pittsburgh. In addition to burns sustained over 45 percent of his body, he has suffered a smoke inhalation injury and will require multiple operative procedures in the future."

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/wilson-s-family-says-steelers-running-backs-coach-in-critical/article_a53f9f08-4159-11e1-8921-0019bb30f31a.html

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the update. Thoughts go out to KW and his family. Hope to hear soone he is out of critical condition

steelreserve
01-17-2012, 08:44 PM

Well, you got the second one right.

No offense, but ... isn't that a little ironic to be outraged about, given your profession? I'm pretty sure they discuss that at length in the bible, and the overall consensus was yes, you burn up in a fire.