PDA

View Full Version : Maurkice Pouncey Possibly Re-Injured During Cleveland Game

steelerdude15
01-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Maurkice Pouncey Possibly Re-Injured During Cleveland Game

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Aside from Ben Roethlisberger, another important starter may have suffered a setback in the game against Cleveland.

KDKA’s Bob Pompeani reports Maurkice Pouncey may have re-injured himself. He is battling a high ankle sprain.

Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians is worried about Pouncey’s status against Denver.

Read More: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/01/05/maurkice-pouncey-possibly-re-injured-during-cleveland-game/

Another blow, at least Legursky is back.

mortgageman
01-05-2012, 03:50 PM
He simply cannot stay healthy. I've said it once before. We cannot count on him now and I am concerned if we will ever be able to do so. He is always limping around at some point during the game. Some players are injury prone and he is obviously one of them.

steelerdude15
01-05-2012, 03:55 PM
He simply cannot stay healthy. I've said it once before. We cannot count on him now and I am concerned if we will ever be able to do so. He is always limping around at some point during the game. Some players are injury prone and he is obviously one of them.
So he's had a couple of issues in his career. He isn't always hurt and even if he is, he still plays. Not a lot of people can say that.

fansince'76
01-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Some players are injury prone and he is obviously one of them.

I'm starting to worry about that myself. The ankle issues have been recurring ever since the AFCCG last year.

zulater
01-05-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm starting to worry about that myself. The ankle issues have been recurring ever since the AFCCG last year.

Gregg Lloyd was on IR with a serious knee injury, 2 out of the first 3 years he was in the league, and then went on to have a pretty good career. I think Maukice has just been unlucky.

GBMelBlount
01-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Good thing we didn't rest our starters so we could have that decisive "W" over Cleveland and huge momentum going into the playoffs... :chuckle:

But I do agree there is a decent chance Pouncey IS injury prone.

Wasn't Kendall Simmons an early round O line pick that did not pan out due to injuries?

zulater
01-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Good thing we didn't rest our starters so we could have that decisive "W" over Cleveland and huge momentum going into the playoffs... :chuckle:

But I do agree there is a decent chance Pouncey IS injury prone.

Wasn't Kendall Simmons an early round O line pick that did not pan out due to injuries?

What would we be saying if the Bengals had beat the Ravens, and here the Steelers rested key starters when a path to the #2 seed and bye was sitting there for them? They did what the situation called for. You can't play scared, Mendenhall could have been hurt in practice as easily as he was in that game. Shit happens, you deal with it and move on. That's one of the many reasons I love Mike Tomlin. Never ever does he complain.

I sure do though. :chuckle:

tube517
01-05-2012, 04:45 PM
What would we be saying if the Bengals had beat the Ravens, and here the Steelers rested key starters when a path to the #2 seed and bye was sitting there for them? They did what the situation called for. You can't play scared, Mendenhall could have been hurt in practice as easily as he was in that game. Shit happens, you deal with it and move on. That's one of the many reasons I love Mike Tomlin. Never ever does he complain.

If we had lost, it would've been Arians' fault :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
01-05-2012, 04:48 PM

I understand your point on Mendy Zu...

...what I don't get is how a coach making a decision to play injured players less before the playoffs is "playing scared."

XxKnightxX
01-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Im sorry, but high ankle sprains can take up to 3 months at times to fully heal. The chances of re injuring the ankle are highly likely, especially if your in piles and planting your feet with 300 pound DTs bullrushing you.

fansince'76
01-05-2012, 05:24 PM
If we had lost, it would've been Arians' fault :chuckle:

It's Arians' fault he's injured now. It's also Arians' fault that Ben is injured. And Mendenhall. And Woodley,...

Craic
01-05-2012, 05:25 PM
So he's had a couple of issues in his career. He isn't always hurt and even if he is, he still plays. Not a lot of people can say that.

IMO, I think one has led into the other. Notice that since the break of the leg, it's all been joint issues in the legs, which tells me he's compensating for one injury and injuring something else. I'd personally tell him to take the OTA's off, and not bother practicing for the first 3 weeks of training camp as well. He's already proven that he's a workhorse, which means that when he does come back, it'd only take a few weeks for him to get back up to playing speed and in playing shape. Leg. can cover for him during that time because center IS leg's best position.

ALLD
01-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Ben is always injured too so we should trade them both?

stillers4me
01-05-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm thinking the odd offseason we had last year has someting to do with Pouncy's injury not healing fully.

7willBheaven
01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
IMO, I think one has led into the other. Notice that since the break of the leg, it's all been joint issues in the legs, which tells me he's compensating for one injury and injuring something else. I'd personally tell him to take the OTA's off, and not bother practicing for the first 3 weeks of training camp as well. He's already proven that he's a workhorse, which means that when he does come back, it'd only take a few weeks for him to get back up to playing speed and in playing shape. Leg. can cover for him during that time because center IS leg's best position.

Since the break of the leg?

SteelGhost
01-05-2012, 07:57 PM
It's Arians' fault he's injured now. It's also Arians' fault that Ben is injured. And Mendenhall. And Woodley,...

You forgot to mention the global warming FS'76, LOL.

Chidi29
01-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Breaking news. Pouncey ruled out for Sunday.

https://twitter.com/#!/gerrydulac/statuses/155321996719292416

fansince'76
01-06-2012, 10:32 AM
You forgot to mention the global warming FS'76, LOL.

And 7-year locusts, and world hunger, and poverty, and high unemployment, and...

:chuckle:

86WARD
01-06-2012, 11:05 AM
He should be shut down for sake of the future. He's been a "mess" as of late...lol.

steelerdude15
01-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Breaking news. Pouncey ruled out for Sunday.

https://twitter.com/#!/gerrydulac/statuses/155321996719292416

With Legrusky back, I'm not too worried about the center position.

tube517
01-06-2012, 11:09 AM
With Legrusky back, I'm not too worried about the center position.

Probably why Essex didn't play against the Stains and Kemo did. Essex is needed as a backup everywhere right now.

steeldevil
01-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Hopefully Legursky can handle the shotgun snaps well. With Ben's injury we may be in shotgun a lot so he doesn't have to drop back.