PDA

View Full Version : Tebow listens to Elway, will 'pull the trigger' against Steelers

stillers4me
01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Broncos executive John Elway told a local reporter on Tuesday that struggling quarterback Tim Tebow needed to "pull the trigger" (http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d825b5443) if he wanted to find success in Sunday's wild-card matchup (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012010800/2011/POST18/steelers@broncos) against the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT).

Elway has implored Tebow to leave the indecisiveness behind and play in the aggressive style that helped Denver during its six-game winning streak. Judging by Tebow's comments during a Wednesday media session at Broncos headquarters, Elway's words left an impression............

Read more @
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825b70c7/article/tebow-listens-to-elway-will-pull-the-trigger-against-steelers?campaign=Twitter_news

SteelMayhem72
01-04-2012, 05:44 PM
I am all for Tebow pulling the trigger...means more turnovers for us. I would not be surprised if we dont get at least 4 turnovers!

Iron Steeler
01-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I am all for Tebow pulling the trigger...means more turnovers for us. I would not be surprised if we dont get at least 4 turnovers!

Just win the game with no injuries. That's all I care for

Crow-Magnon
01-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Tebow needs to plant his feet and throw. All that scramblin' around is going to get him face-planted against a good defense.

Craic
01-04-2012, 06:34 PM
I wonder why everyone here keeps forgetting that mobile quarterbacks are usually our bane. I see Tebow getting close to 100 yards on us on Sunday on the ground.

JayC
01-04-2012, 06:41 PM
well our defense let alex smith look like joe montana completing every pass and never getting off the field. i wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibilities for tebow to play like elway against our defense. we almost always play on the same level as the competition on the road. i hope tebow sucks against our "number 1" secondary but the steelers never make it easy for the fans so i bet he plays pretty well.

ALLD
01-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I wonder how big the fine will be if Tebow runs into James Harrison's zone with the ball?

stillers4me
01-04-2012, 07:07 PM
I wonder how big the fine will be if Tebow runs into James Harrison's zone with the ball?

Goodell will crucify James if anything happens to Timmy.

Literally.

SteelGhost
01-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I HOPE Deebo sacks Tebow at list twice, but hitting him with his shoulder not with his head :chuckle:

Crow-Magnon
01-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Goodell will crucify James if anything happens to Timmy.

Literally.

Two centuries in Purgatory for mentioning Tebow and "crucify" together. LMAO

GBMelBlount
01-04-2012, 09:07 PM
I wonder why everyone here keeps forgetting that mobile quarterbacks are usually our bane. I see Tebow getting close to 100 yards on us on Sunday on the ground.

Sounds crazy but I agree. I hope we keep a close eye on him.

Psycho Ward 86
01-04-2012, 09:11 PM
God will crucify James if anything happens to Timmy.

Literally.

Fixed it for ya.

Psycho Ward 86
01-04-2012, 09:12 PM
And it's one thing to pull the trigger. Hitting the target is a whole new story :lol:

steelpride12
01-04-2012, 09:41 PM
There is a difference between Ben and Tebow. When Ben scrammbles he is at his peak and you can always expect him to make a positive play, where when Tebow scrammbles expect mistakes and poor decisions. Get after him, rough him up and force him to make poor mistakes, he will.

steelerdude15
01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
I hope the Broncos realize they're going against the number one pass defense.

BigNastyDefense
01-05-2012, 12:22 AM
I don't see Tebow having a good day. He's a piss poor passer and his running style isn't elusive like a Mike Vick but instead a power style like a Redman. The way you stop Tebow's running it to hit him. Don't worry about the pitch man, just hit Tebow. Eventually it gets to him and he pitches early and bam, you have a fumble. If we have Harrison & Woodley, Tebow won't do jack shit against us.

stillers4me
01-05-2012, 05:04 AM
I hope the Broncos realize they're going against the number one pass defense.

I hope they don't !!

suitanim
01-05-2012, 05:37 AM
Sweet!

Pulling the trigger means passing. He can't pass.

And, Preach, would you rather have Tebow RUNNING for 100 yards, or throwing for 400 (which will never happen). I'm fine with them running their wildcat all game, and him getting some yards on the ground.

PalmerSteel
01-05-2012, 08:43 AM
wood should be good to go now so its been a loooong time since the best 2 OLB in the game are back on the field again at the same time raising hell.

Craic
01-05-2012, 04:20 PM

None, as long as Harrison tackles without the crown of his helmet in the other guys helmet.

Craic
01-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I don't see Tebow having a good day. He's a piss poor passer and his running style isn't elusive like a Mike Vick but instead a power style like a Redman. The way you stop Tebow's running it to hit him. Don't worry about the pitch man, just hit Tebow. Eventually it gets to him and he pitches early and bam, you have a fumble. If we have Harrison & Woodley, Tebow won't do jack shit against us.

ROTFL... How often to you hear that line about a QB, "His running style isn't elusive like a Mike Vick but instead a power style like a Redman." Makes you wonder if he'd have a longer career as a RB in the NFL. Since he's shown that he can pass (just not great at it), you would always have to be aware of the pass when he got the ball. It's be an interesting situation, almost Kordell Stewart in reverse.

XxKnightxX
01-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Holy Tebow, no need to commit suicide Timmy its just a game. Oh wait , You mean Pulling the Trigger as in throwing the ball? lol

salamander
01-05-2012, 05:21 PM
It seems like every time a QB "should" have a bad game against us they end up having a career day. This alone scares me.

Craic
01-06-2012, 12:58 AM
It seems like every time a QB "should" have a bad game against us they end up having a career day. This alone scares me.

I wonder if it's that, or just part of our collective "That guy sucks" blindness that ends up biting us. Funny how much I hear about Alex Smith on the board, but living in SF, he seems to be turning a corner. As it turns out, having a coach and a team around him that believes in him has changed his career.

suitanim
01-06-2012, 05:28 AM

He ain't a QB, though...he's a running back.

Bluecoat96
01-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Of course, "Pull the Trigger" really means, "Shit the Bed" against the Steelers.

tube517
01-07-2012, 10:41 AM
He ain't a QB, though...he's a running back.

Urlacher, is that you? :chuckle:

stillers4me
01-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Of course, "Pull the Trigger" really means, "Shit the Bed" against the Steelers.

I interpreted it mean "Interception! Troooy Polamaluuuuuu!"

JayC
01-08-2012, 08:02 PM
well our defense let alex smith look like joe montana completing every pass and never getting off the field. i wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibilities for tebow to play like elway against our defense. we almost always play on the same level as the competition on the road. i hope tebow sucks against our "number 1" secondary but the steelers never make it easy for the fans so i bet he plays pretty well. ...

86WARD
01-08-2012, 08:06 PM
lol...