PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu is Going to be All Over Tim Tebow Sunday

polamalubeast
01-03-2012, 02:39 PM
When the Steelers head out west to play the Denver Broncos Safety Troy Polamalu is going to be all over Tim Tebow. This is the kind of game that Troy lives for. He loves to sneak up to the line of scrimmage and jump the snap count. This is just the type of game to do that in.

It should not even be a guessing game for Polamalu either. Since Tebow took over the reigns for Denver in week 7 the ratio of run to pass is not even close. The Broncos have run the ball 428 times in that span. That is 68% of the time. Seven out of every 10 plays the ball is on the ground. It also coincides with them winning. In Denver’s 7 wins since Tebow took over the Broncos have run the ball 66% of the time. In their losses where Tebow has to throw more they run the ball only 56% of the time. That extra 10 passes per 100 plays makes a huge difference to how well the Broncos play..........

http://bleedblackandgold.com/blog/2012/01/03/troy-polamalu-is-going-to-be-all-over-tim-tebow-sunday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedBlackAndGold+(Bleed+Blac k+and+Gold) (http://bleedblackandgold.com/blog/2012/01/03/troy-polamalu-is-going-to-be-all-over-tim-tebow-sunday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedBlackAndGold+(Bleed+Blac k+and+Gold))

Dino 6 Rings
01-03-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure I agree with the evaluation. I think with Clark out of the game, Troy won't have the ability to freelance as often and will be more of a true Safety in the game.

ALLD
01-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Let Troy shadow Tebow, stack the box and let Gay and Taylor pick all day.

steelpride12
01-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Disagree. With Clark not playing leaving Mundy in the backfield alone would not be the smartest idea. I think Troy will play on Tebow and on the line a few times, but well below average without Clark being the anchor.

Chidi29
01-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Disagree. With Clark not playing leaving Mundy in the backfield alone would not be the smartest idea. I think Troy will play on Tebow and on the line a few times, but well below average without Clark being the anchor.

Personally, I think that's overstated. Mundy isn't as good as Clark but we don't need Troy to babysit him.

Mundy should know the playbook well and know it for both safety spots since he's the backup at free and strong. He knows what his assignment will be. And besides, having Troy back there doesn't really change anything for Mundy. If we're in a Cover 2 shell for example. Mundy still has to do his job. Troy isn't going to be there to help out, he'll be across the field.

steelpride12
01-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Personally, I think that's overstated. Mundy isn't as good as Clark but we don't need Troy to babysit him.

Mundy should know the playbook well and know it for both safety spots since he's the backup at free and strong. He knows what his assignment will be. And besides, having Troy back there doesn't really change anything for Mundy. If we're in a Cover 2 shell for example. Mundy still has to do his job. Troy isn't going to be there to help out, he'll be across the field.
Don't get me wrong I think Mundy could be good enough to be a starter somewhere and knows this defense well by now, but when Mundy has played Troy has laid back and I think the Steelers will stick with that. Maybe not against the Broncos though because they don't have a high power passing game and don't pose as large as threat as if we were playing the Pats without Clark.

86WARD
01-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Mundy has stepped in for Troy and Ryan on plenty of occasions this season and has done extremely well in their place. There's no need to babysit him...they can play their game without worrying about him...

Chidi29
01-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Don't get me wrong I think Mundy could be good enough to be a starter somewhere and knows this defense well by now, but when Mundy has played Troy has laid back and I think the Steelers will stick with that. Maybe not against the Broncos though because they don't have a high power passing game and don't pose as large as threat as if we were playing the Pats without Clark.

Mundy and Troy have rarely been on the field at the same time this year so any sample size you're looking back on has to be small.

suitanim
01-04-2012, 05:39 AM
Tebow locks onto receivers. That's all anyone needs to know...this will be an ugly game for him if he throws more than 15 passes.

Godfather
01-04-2012, 12:54 PM
I liked that sack against Cleveland. It looked like one of those Tecmo plays where the QB gets buried as soon as the ball is snapped.