PDA

View Full Version : How about them Steelers!

fansince'76
01-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Tuesday, 03 January 2012

Written by Bob Smizik

The Steelers just completed their second consecutive 12-4 season. They begin post-season play Sunday for the fourth time in five years and will be seeking their third Super Bowl appearance and second Super Bowl win in that span.

Not bad.

Except in Pittsburgh, where we are spoiled. Nothing short of a Super Bowl victory satisfies Steelers fans, and there’s not necessarily anything wrong with that. No one need be ashamed of high expectations.

But it’s time to step back for a second and realize how lucky Steelers fans are. It’s time to take a look at the high level of success the Steelers have achieved in recent years and be a bit more appreciative of what we have.

Read more: How about them Steelers! (http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/31364-how-abou-them-steelers)

fansince'76
01-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Some very good food for thought. Not that it will make much difference (if)/when a very banged up Steelers team is ultimately bounced this year and the usual and very predictable clamoring for the Rooneys to essentially clean house over it ensues.

suitanim
01-03-2012, 09:12 AM
I will say this much. As disappointed as I am with not sealing the deal against average Joe Flacco, giving up that 92 yard drive, it really could be worse. We could be Browns fans...

Which reminds me of a humorous exchange I had with one recently. He told me, with a straight face, that he would rather NOT "limp into the playoffs" as we did, that it's just better not to go at all. The irony is, if the Browns "limped in" the same way we have, they would be almost completely sure that they would win the Super Bowl. For thm to say that they would prefer not to go unless the circumstances were ideal is a laughable joke. It's like a fat man with a mental handicap, unemployed and living in his moms basement stating that he would only date a BLONDE supermodel, not a brunette. I think all that losing has done something to Browns fans brains...

zulater
01-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Most successful team in football since the 70 AFL-NFL merger!

SMR
01-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Its ALWAYS good to count them blessings!

Count Steeler
01-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Its ALWAYS good to count them blessings!

Since we're counting, 1 more would be nice. Great job by Tomlin and the Steelers so far. Now is when the real fun begins. Let's put our playoff experience to good use. At Denver, at Baltimore, at New England. Packers in Indy? Giddy up.

tube517
01-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Well, I am a fat guy and I do prefer brunettes so Tomlin should be fired.

Hindes204
01-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Some very good food for thought. Not that it will make much difference (if)/when a very banged up Steelers team is ultimately bounced this year and the usual and very predictable clamoring for the Rooneys to essentially clean house over it ensues.

I would love for them to prove you wrong, but Im a realist, I say its going to be "when" not "if."

I was born and raised 10 minutes from three rivrs stadium, I was born into being a fan so I guess you could say Ive been a fan for 30+ years. In that time I have seen good teams, bad teams, great teams, and awful teams. But the good outweighs the bad by leaps and bounds. This past 20 years or so has been amazing.

Unfortunately you have people who have no idea what it is to follow a terrible team and go apeshit if we dont win the superbowl every year. The Steelers have had off seasons but always bounce back quickly, so most people are spoiled. Most of these people are not die hard Pirate fans Im assuming. Ive been in misery during baseball season for almost 2 decades, lol

Edman
01-03-2012, 06:57 PM
I'll be behind our guys, but l'm also honest. Pulling off this big playoff run is going to be difficult.

Regardless of the outcome, this season is a success.

stillers4me
01-03-2012, 07:15 PM
I'll be behind our guys, but l'm also honest. Pulling off this big playoff run is going to be difficult.

Regardless of the outcome, this season is a success.

I try not to think how great we would be if we were ...you know...not the walking wounded.

We've got the #1 defense and Woodley and Harrison haven't played a whole game together since week #3. :doh:

fansince'76
01-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I would love for them to prove you wrong, but Im a realist, I say its going to be "when" not "if."

I hope I'm eating crow in early February too, but I'm also realistic. We are REALLY banged up. However, I'm hopeful we catch fire and go on a run anyway.

steelpride12
01-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm so proud of my Steelers and I take every win as it is. It is sad though that we have spoiled fans who expect a SB win every season or they must complain and cry about every little issue as if we don't have one of the best teams in NFL history past and present.

steelerdiva
01-03-2012, 10:48 PM
I think the Denver game is winnable...anything else after that is gravy.

Win, lose, or draw....I love my Steelers and always will. We're usually in the hunt nearly every season. So, no complaints outta me.

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Tuesday, 03 January 2012

Written by Bob Smizik

The Steelers just completed their second consecutive 12-4 season. They begin post-season play Sunday for the fourth time in five years and will be seeking their third Super Bowl appearance and second Super Bowl win in that span.

Not bad.

Except in Pittsburgh, where we are spoiled. Nothing short of a Super Bowl victory satisfies Steelers fans, and there’s not necessarily anything wrong with that. No one need be ashamed of high expectations.

But it’s time to step back for a second and realize how lucky Steelers fans are. It’s time to take a look at the high level of success the Steelers have achieved in recent years and be a bit more appreciative of what we have.

Read more: How about them Steelers! (http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/31364-how-abou-them-steelers)

great article

Edman
01-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Today was not a good day, and we're not winning the Super Bowl every year, and we've been definitely VERY spoiled.

But at least we're not Cleveland or Washington. If you want to go local, at least the Steelers aren't the Pirates. We'll be back, and we'll always be there. It's a good thing we have owners who aren't as panicky as we are.

That said, some adjustments need to be made for the 2012 team.

polamalubeast
01-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Today was not a good day, and we're not winning the Super Bowl every year, and we've been definitely VERY spoiled.

But at least we're not Cleveland or Washington. If you want to go local, at least the Steelers aren't the Pirates. We'll be back, and we'll always be there. It's a good thing we have owners who aren't as panicky as we are.

That said, some adjustments need to be made for the 2012 team.

agree