PDA

View Full Version : The low point of Ohio State....

suitanim
01-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Is happening right now. Loaded with talent but horribly coached. They are currently perpetuating the myth that they can't beat the SEC by being embarrassed by a ridiculously average Florida Gators team that struggled to beat Furman. I've been following the Bucks for 35 years and I can't remember anything this bad since Woody punched the Clemson player. Thank God they hired Meyer....it helps me stomach losing to this piece of shit Florida team.

silver & black
01-02-2012, 04:03 PM
This year is over. Let the new regime begin!

suitanim
01-03-2012, 05:24 AM
I was amazed to find out that the last time OSU football suffered 7 losses was 1897.

Eighteen-Ninety-Seven! Are you KIDDING me?

suitanim
01-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Stay Klassy, Gators...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Buckeye-linebacker-calls-foul-on-race-baiting-Ga?urn=ncaaf-wp12427

Race Baiting....if it was the other way around, the outrage would be deafening.

BigNastyDefense
01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
This is why I am so excited for this season to be over and the Urban Meyer era to begin.

He's going to surround the players with the best possible coaches. They are going to be playing in actual schemes. This past season showed everyone not just how good of a coach that Jim Tressel was, but how much he called the shots on the sideline. There was an actual scheme on offense. The defense schemed for their opponents.

This past season, Jim Bollman was calling the offensive players. Jim Tressel did this job for his entire career as Ohio State head coach. Bollman is obviously not a play caller.

On defense, the Buckeyes were average. I think part of that is because for years there were two coordinators on defense, one schemed and game planned the other called the plays on game day. This year the play caller did it all. It didn't help that some of the positions were a bit weak & the poor offense left them on the field a lot. However, the defense held the Gators to 10 offensive points, we lost the game on special teams.

And Urban Meyer uses special teams as his pet project, for lack of a better term. Game breakers will be returning kicks...the last time the Buckeyes had two guys that were absolute game breakers returning kicks was when they had both Santonio Holmes and ted Ginn Jr. He will also have starters on ST covering kicks. I don't think we will see two kicks returned for a touchdown in a single season with Meyer as the HC, much less two in a single game.

This all changes with Urban Renewal. I think starting with the 2012 season we see a totally different Buckeyes team from the 2011 season.