PDA

View Full Version : Sold out in 28 minutes!!!!!

Mamaduck43
01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Well, my trip to Denver won't work, but my Colorado daughter is going to be at the game..... She squeezed into one of the last group of tickets through TicketMaster, and they told her that the game was totally sold out in 28 minutes.... She and 4 of my friends from the Springs will be going to the game...

I was totally stoked about going to the game via AMTRAK - - but I wanted my grandson to go with me - - due to the time of the game, and the train connections, Evan would have had to miss two days of school, and we weren't willing to do that - - plus, I wasn't able to book accessible seating on the Chicago/Denver leg of the trip... Sigh.....

Karen is really excited about going to the game.... I have to put some things together for her and will have to get a Priority box in the mail tomorrow for her....

I will have to live vicariously through Karen and her experiences.....

fansince'76
01-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I missed my chance, unfortunately. Hope your daughter has fun at the game, Mamaduck!

Mamaduck43
01-02-2012, 11:54 AM
I missed my chance, unfortunately. Hope your daughter has fun at the game, Mamaduck!

I have to find a weather report for Sunday in Denver - - I may have to squeeze one of my Steelers' parkas into a priority box for her.... She is so excited!!!! She and our core of COS Steelers fans were even talking about just going up to tailgate, but the fact that they got tix is so great.... If they decide to tailgate, I will PM you and perhaps you can hook up before the game....

She was so excited to get a ticket, and I am, too.... She will be in nosebleed territory, but she will be in the stadium..... Yay!!!!

fansince'76
01-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I have to find a weather report for Sunday in Denver - - I may have to squeeze one of my Steelers' parkas into a priority box for her.... She is so excited!!!! She and our core of COS Steelers fans were even talking about just going up to tailgate, but the fact that they got tix is so great.... If they decide to tailgate, I will PM you and perhaps you can hook up before the game....

She was so excited to get a ticket, and I am, too.... She will be in nosebleed territory, but she will be in the stadium..... Yay!!!!

I checked yesterday and the early report is partly cloudy and 41 degrees for Sunday. They're calling for snow on Saturday, but I'm not sure how much.

43Hitman
01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Congrats to your daughter MamaDuck, she is going to see our Steelers tear up Teblow.

fansince'76
01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
There still might be a chance I could go - my coworker is friendly with another Broncos fan who works in our building who has two separate pairs of season tickets - we may be able to get one of his pairs at face value. I'll find out tomorrow when I go back to work.

43Hitman
01-02-2012, 12:10 PM
There still might be a chance I could go - my coworker is friendly with another Broncos fan who works in our building who has two separate pairs of season tickets - we may be able to get one of his pairs at face value. I'll find out tomorrow when I go back to work.

That would be awesome man! I'm pulling for ya.

fansince'76
01-02-2012, 12:18 PM
That would be awesome man! I'm pulling for ya.

Thanks. We went and saw the Steelers/Broncos game in 2009 with one of his pairs of tickets - 100 level on the Steelers sideline. Awesome seats.

43Hitman
01-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks. We went and saw the Steelers/Broncos game in 2009 with one of his pairs of tickets - 100 level on the Steelers sideline. Awesome seats.

:hail: I'm so jelly. Actually the wife and I have talking about moving out to CO, she is from Burlington.

fansince'76
01-02-2012, 12:29 PM
:hail: I'm so jelly. Actually the wife and I have talking about moving out to CO, she is from Burlington.

I love Colorado. I still miss the 'Burgh, but this is home. My grandparents on my dad's side lived in Mineral, VA before they passed away - Virginia is beautiful too.

Mamaduck43
01-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Denverboxoffice.com still has seats at $139 per.....

Karen's seats are on the visitor side at the big horse end of the stadium.... Her tix were $75..... I am still trying to figure out if I can make it - - the game kick off is actually 1430 Denver time, and I should be able to do the game and be at the AMTRAK station for departure at 1900 - - but it would be cutting it close....

fansince'76
01-02-2012, 12:31 PM

Karen's seats are on the visitor side at the big horse end of the stadium.... Her tix were $75..... I am still trying to figure out if I can make it - - the game kick off is actually 1430 Denver time, and I should be able to do the game and be at the AMTRAK station for departure at 1900 - - but it would be cutting it close....

Well, the AMTRAK station isn't really that far from the stadium, so you may be able to make it - traffic will be a nightmare getting out, though.

43Hitman
01-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I love Colorado. I still miss the 'Burgh, but this is home. My grandparents on my dad's side lived in Mineral, VA before they passed away - Virginia is beautiful too. Its one of the greenest states (I don't mean Al Gore green) I have ever lived in. Lots and lots of trees.

Mamaduck43
01-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Its one of the greenest states (I don't mean Al Gore green) I have ever lived in. Lots and lots of trees.

Yeah, but autumn is particularly awful - - especially after the past February - - - the Aspens turn gold and the pine trees are dark green and it is like the whole damn mountain range is advertising for the Packers!!!!! Give me a non partisan Western Pennsylvania Autumn any time!!!!

43Hitman
01-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah, but autumn is particularly awful - - especially after the past February - - - the Aspens turn gold and the pine trees are dark green and it is like the whole damn mountain range is advertising for the Packers!!!!! Give me a non partisan Western Pennsylvania Autumn any time!!!!

:rofl2:

Mamaduck43
01-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Well, the AMTRAK station isn't really that far from the stadium, so you may be able to make it - traffic will be a nightmare getting out, though.

Well, I just put on my big girl panties and made the decision that the trip would probably either kill me (I just remembered the altitude thing) or I would end up totally stressing out over making the connection with the train - - I know that it is close and all, but I also have sat in the parking lot after a game and it took forever to clear the traffic when we were headed to COS..... I will enjoy the game from home.... However, we haven't ruled out a trip to Indy in Feb - - we can do a road trip to that one....

SMR
01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Well, my trip to Denver won't work, but my Colorado daughter is going to be at the game..... She squeezed into one of the last group of tickets through TicketMaster, and they told her that the game was totally sold out in 28 minutes.... She and 4 of my friends from the Springs will be going to the game...

I was totally stoked about going to the game via AMTRAK - - but I wanted my grandson to go with me - - due to the time of the game, and the train connections, Evan would have had to miss two days of school, and we weren't willing to do that - - plus, I wasn't able to book accessible seating on the Chicago/Denver leg of the trip... Sigh.....

Karen is really excited about going to the game.... I have to put some things together for her and will have to get a Priority box in the mail tomorrow for her....

I will have to live vicariously through Karen and her experiences.....

That is so awesome Mamaduck! I'm really thrilled for your daughter. She'll love it. I've been to two of the Steelers games and one of them was a playoff game. Nothing like it!!

fansince'76
01-03-2012, 10:45 AM

My buddy from the office can't go, so this is the route I went. I'm going to the game! :tt02:

Thanks for that link - I didn't know it existed! :drink:

steelerdude15
01-03-2012, 10:48 AM
My buddy from the office can't go, so this is the route I went. I'm going to the game! :tt02:

Awesome!

43Hitman
01-03-2012, 10:49 AM

:high5: Chest Bump :drink: :tt02: Give em' hell Gary!

fansince'76
01-03-2012, 10:51 AM
:high5: Chest Bump :drink: :tt02: Give em' hell Gary!

I'm gonna take a ton of pics to post here! :tt02:

steelerdude15
01-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm gonna take a ton of pics to post here! :tt02:
Even better!

fansince'76
01-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Even better!

This will be my first ever postseason game - this is gonna be awesome! :tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
01-03-2012, 11:14 AM
I wonder if that's because Stub Hub has all the tickets already...

21 pages of Tickets for sale for the game on Stub Hub alone...starting at $100 bucks for nose bleed endzone seats.

Mamaduck43
01-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Shoot - - I was just going to offer you a ticket - - it looks like Karen will have one or two available - - we should know for sure at the end of today - - - her seats are in Row 3 in section 541 - - right next to the opening with the big horse statue thing.... We sat one section down for a Steelers / Bronco game a couple years ago, and it wasn't bad viewing at all....

If anyone is interested in one or two tickets, post in here - - I will be checking during the day, and will give a definite aye or nay as soon as I find out.....

I am glad that you were able to get a ticket!!!! Yay!!!!!

fansince'76
01-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Shoot - - I was just going to offer you a ticket - - it looks like Karen will have one or two available - - we should know for sure at the end of today - - - her seats are in Row 3 in section 541 - - right next to the opening with the big horse statue thing.... We sat one section down for a Steelers / Bronco game a couple years ago, and it wasn't bad viewing at all....

If anyone is interested in one or two tickets, post in here - - I will be checking during the day, and will give a definite aye or nay as soon as I find out.....

I am glad that you were able to get a ticket!!!! Yay!!!!!

Darn - I wish I would've known earlier. I will be in section 530. I sat up in the nosebleed section (539) for the preseason game between the Steelers and Broncos back in 2010 and the seat was still pretty good as far as viewing goes. My thread of those pics is here (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/2338-Steelers-Broncos-Preseason-Game-Pics), for anyone who may have missed it and wants to take a look.

Mamaduck43
01-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Okay - - it looks like there are two tickets available - - - Section 541 - - Row 3..... Not sure of the final price - - they just want to get what they paid for the tix plus whatever charges that they paid... Tix were $75 per, and I would assume that the ticket charges would not be more than $10 or so.... PM me if you are interested...

Also - - I just ordered some Eat 'n Park Steeler Smiley Cookies for Karen to take to her tailgate on Sunday.... PM me if you are interested, and I will hook you up....

Take care and have a great time....

Mamaduck43
01-03-2012, 07:37 PM
The tickets are gone already - - - sorry....

fansince'76
01-03-2012, 07:49 PM
The tickets are gone already - - - sorry....

WOW - that was quick! :chuckle:

Where's your daughter's tailgate going to be? I wouldn't mind buying a smiley cookie or two from her (I miss Eat 'n Park)...

Mamaduck43
01-03-2012, 10:45 PM
There are a couple of cookies with your name on them..... I will PM you with some info..... She is going to call me when they get settled in.....

fansince'76
01-03-2012, 11:01 PM
There are a couple of cookies with your name on them..... I will PM you with some info..... She is going to call me when they get settled in.....

Awesome! Thanks! :drink:

XxKnightxX
01-04-2012, 04:26 AM
Lol gotta love this, everyones PMing or sharing where they are going to meet at. Im most certain a bunch of others are dong the same. Cant wait for the Stadium to yell HEEEAAATH and see that 'mile high' home field advantage lol.