PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2012 Schedule

polamalubeast
01-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Along with the standard home-and-home series with the Baltimore Ravens, the Cincinnati Bengals and the Cleveland Browns, the Steelers will face the AFC West and the NFC East in 2012. At home, they will face the Denver Broncos (who they will play in the 2011 Wild Card Playoffs), the Kansas City Chiefs, the New York Jets, the Philadelphia Eagles and the Washington Redskins.

On the road, they will face the Oakland Raiders, the San Diego Chargers, the Tennessee Titans, the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys.

read more

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/1/2/2676086/steelers-2012-schedule-future-opponents-london-dublin-cowboys-chargers

stillers4me
01-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Looks a little tougher than this year. Cool....that means it's tougher for the Bengals and Ravens, too! Hopefully, Ben and the receivers can improve on this year, but I know there may be some veteran losses or step backs on the defense. Time (and the draft) will tell!

steelerdiva
01-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Cool...will definitely try to make the Titans or Cowboys games. I think our Steelers fan club here in Memphis is talking about putting together a bus trip to Dallas.

steelerdude15
01-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Awesome, I'm already looking forward to next season.

XxKnightxX
01-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Ill be at the Met O lands for the Giants game.

oneforthetoe
01-02-2012, 02:31 PM
It doesn't matter. Remember our defense will be too old for the 6th straight year. Our QB is just a game manager. And the Rooney's don't sign enough big name free agents. We are doomed to finish last in our division. It is a good thing the world is coming to an end by the end of the season.

On a more serious note, how tough a schedule is before a season is pretty much meaningless. It usually matters more when you play a team during the season. Big difference playing Buffalo in September this season as opposed to December, for example. Plus, there are some games that are always tough no matter. For example, we rarely blow out the Browns or Ravens. I will say this though. It looks like we will have some tough venues to play in on the road.

steelreserve
01-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Well, it looks like we'll be playing against a record number of 8-8 teams. Too bad the Chiefs couldn't win one more and the Giants and Titans one less, all of which almost happened. Then it'd REALLY be something.

SteelersJW
01-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Glad to hear to see they'll be playing the NFC East again. We saw some great games against those teams in the 2008 season. Who could forget that late victory against the Cowboys in December of 2008? Deshea Townsend's made a pick-six to seal the victory! Unfortunately, both the Eagles and Giants killed us with their pass ruhes. The Eagles sacked Roethlisberger nine times in Philadelphia!

The AFC West won't be too exciting. Hopefully San Diego can give us a good game.

fansince'76
01-02-2012, 06:10 PM
It doesn't matter. Remember our defense will be too old for the 6th straight year. Our QB is just a game manager. And the Rooney's don't sign enough big name free agents. We are doomed to finish last in our division. It is a good thing the world is coming to an end by the end of the season.

Not to mention Arians possibly coming back. :chuckle:

Borski
01-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanksgiving game vs Cowboys?

X-Terminator
01-02-2012, 06:34 PM

I hope not. Guaranteed loss for the Steelers if they do. Their last 3 Thanksgiving games did not go very well at all.

And as for Arians coming back, I hope he does, just to make the haters' heads explode. It would be comical.

Borski
01-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I hope not. Guaranteed loss for the Steelers if they do. Their last 3 Thanksgiving games did not go very well at all.

Past is the Past. Losing previous thanksgiving games does not guarantee a future loss of one. I think it would be a good rivalry game.

polamalubeast
01-02-2012, 06:36 PM

No

CBS will be in Detroit in 2012.

SteelerEmpire
01-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Can't believe the Chiefs are 'finally' gonna come to Pittsburgh and play. And I'm without a doubt gonna go see the Cowboys game.

steelpride12
01-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Sounds like an interesting schedule. I'm sure we will lose some veterans after this season like Aaron Smith and excited to see some new young guns step up and that offense get even scarier.

mark0933
01-02-2012, 08:37 PM
I found a link somewhere (can't find it currently) that spelled out the home games for 2012 but it also made mention that both the Steelers and KC wanted to play a game in London England and the Steelers Home game could be the one that is played overseas in 2012.

Mark

XxKnightxX
01-03-2012, 03:48 AM
No

CBS will be in Detroit in 2012.

Makes sense, Fox had the last rights to the broadcast, so CBS will fight it out with him. Maybe NFLN or NBC will pick it up as a primetime game .

Count Steeler
01-03-2012, 05:06 AM
I found a link somewhere (can't find it currently) that spelled out the home games for 2012 but it also made mention that both the Steelers and KC wanted to play a game in London England and the Steelers Home game could be the one that is played overseas in 2012.

Mark

I hope not. I can't stand those London games.