PDA

View Full Version : CLARK Medically Cleared to Play in Denver.... or NOT ??

katmandu
01-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Someone (with an EDUCATED Medical knowledge ONLY) please correct me if I "may" be wrong, but I do believe Ryan Clark HAS been Medically CLEARED to play in Denver from now on.

This is due to the FACT that Ryan has had his SPLEEN REMOVED from his body. The spleen is the organ that gets clogged up with Sickle Cells when they are under distress.

Ryan has Sickle cell SYNDROM. Not Sickle cell anemia.

So since his SPLEEN is GONE. This should NO LONGER be an issue for him.

CORRECT ?

Please don't reply if you don't have FACTS.

Chidi29
01-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Yes, he was medically cleared in 2009. I assume the case is the same now although we obviously still have to meet with the medical staff to make sure of that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4617421

"I think before we considered anything, we needed to hear, 'OK, Ryan, you're at no extra medical risk to participate in this game than anyone else is,' " Tomlin said. "He and I have received that, but we're still going to proceed with extreme caution. We're not going to hurry this process."

katmandu
01-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Yes, he was medically cleared in 2009. I assume the case is the same now although we obviously still have to meet with the medical staff to make sure of that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4617421

"I think before we considered anything, we needed to hear, 'OK, Ryan, you're at no extra medical risk to participate in this game than anyone else is,' " Tomlin said. "He and I have received that, but we're still going to proceed with extreme caution. We're not going to hurry this process."That's what I thought.

I'm sic and tired of seeing/reading BULLSHIT with people talking out their azzes spreading BS rumors.

Chidi29
01-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Who is saying otherwise?

katmandu
01-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Who is saying otherwise?Members here in other Threads. :rolleyes:

Chidi29
01-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Members here in other Threads. :rolleyes:

I mean, it's half correct that he hasn't been medically cleared for this game. But I imagine he will be since he was last time.

7willBheaven
01-01-2012, 10:22 PM
That's what I thought.

I'm sic and tired of seeing/reading BULLSHIT with people talking out their azzes spreading BS rumors.

Wow you need to relax a bit. You know not EVERY person knows EVERY detail/fact about a player/situations or whatever...people can guess this or that or think they remember this or that...but thats no need to disrespect people and act like that.

Shoes
01-01-2012, 10:24 PM
That's what I thought.

That's one of the requirements of being a football fan.... :chuckle:

BigNastyDefense
01-01-2012, 11:52 PM
I do remember Ryan Clark saying that he would never play a game in Denver again UNLESS it was a Playoff game, so I am going to venture a guess that if the doctors & coaches give him the okay, he'll be on the field.

katmandu
01-02-2012, 12:10 AM
That's one of the requirements of being a football fan.... :chuckle: :grin:

steelreserve
01-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Do we even NEED Clark to beat the traveling circus that we're playing against? I mean, he'd help, but if everybody else is healthy, I really don't think that type of shit is going to work against our defense regardless.

Chidi29
01-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Do we even NEED Clark to beat the traveling circus that we're playing against? I mean, he'd help, but if everybody else is healthy, I really don't think that type of shit is going to work against our defense regardless.

Clark is a huge part of our run defense and right now, that's all the Broncos have on offense.

Godfather
01-02-2012, 07:26 AM
I heard the same rumors on an LSU board.

Bluecoat96
01-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Someone (with an EDUCATED Medical knowledge ONLY) please correct me if I "may" be wrong, but I do believe Ryan Clark HAS been Medically CLEARED to play in Denver from now on.

This is due to the FACT that Ryan has had his SPLEEN REMOVED from his body. The spleen is the organ that gets clogged up with Sickle Cells when they are under distress.

Ryan has Sickle cell SYNDROM. Not Sickle cell anemia.

So since his SPLEEN is GONE. This should NO LONGER be an issue for him.

CORRECT ?

Please don't reply if you don't have FACTS.

While doctors told him last week he could play, Clark said no one could tell him there is no risk in playing.

"Obviously nobody's been able to say, 'If you go, you won't get sick at all. We promise you.' That would make it really easy," Clark said. "And none of them have said, 'If you go, you're going to die,' either. With all those opinions, I spent a month [in 2007] where they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me the last time, too."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4627445

I'm sorry, but as good as Clark has been, IT'S NOT WORTH ANY POSSIBLE RISK TO HIS LIFE!!!!!!

First and foremost, he's a husband and a father. Jesus....it's only a game.

At least our backup safety this time is >>>>> than Tyrone Carter, even though Carter had an all-pro game in Denver 2 years ago.

katmandu
01-02-2012, 12:16 PM
First and foremost, he's a husband and a father. Jesus....it's only a game.

Man! Some people just don't get it!

This is STEELER football we're talking about !!!!

j/k! Of course his health is more important than anything. :>)