PDA

View Full Version : Milestones passed today

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2012, 06:51 PM
1) Ben Roethlisberger with another 4,000 yard season
2) Antonio Brown becomes the 1st player in NFL history with 1,000 receiving yards and 1,000 return yards
3) Heath Miller surpasses Lynn Swann for 4th all time on the Steelers receiving list

And of course...

4) Hines Ward with 1,000 career receptions, one of only 8 players to ever do it (Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Isaac Bruce, Terrell Owens, Tony Gonzalez)

Congradulations to all of these gentlemen. Way to go :tt02:

tube517
01-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Isaac Redman's first 2 fumble game

fansince'76
01-01-2012, 06:53 PM

Fumble machine. :chuckle:

Moose
01-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Yea, what the hell is up with that ?! I hope he solves the fumble problem by NEXT week !! ugh Now, just like Moore, I'll be holding my breath when he has the ball.

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I really hate the way Hines obtained that record though. I know it's not all about records, but seriously? A -3 yard shovel pass? I wish they would have just played him like a NORMAL receiver. two of the five receptions he made tonight were "NFL" receptions. The guy can still play well enough, it's a shame that we had to get him the record that way.

7willBheaven
01-01-2012, 07:07 PM
I really hate the way Hines obtained that record though. I know it's not all about records, but seriously? A -3 yard shovel pass? I wish they would have just played him like a NORMAL receiver. two of the five receptions he made tonight were "NFL" receptions. The guy can still play well enough, it's a shame that we had to get him the record that way.

I dont think its a big deal as far as the 1000th catch...yeah it'd been cool if it was some nice play/pass/etc...but hey it happens...remember had Hines not dropped the short pass in the first play or so the Steelers had then his 1000th would have been that catch he tried to jump over the player (i think)...or the slant route i forget which happened last. But Hines as had a number of crazy passes/etc like his 1000th...but nobody complains about them. And the other thing you just cant guarantee he'll catch any other pass...with the win blowing the way they were playing the ball could easily sail (like it did in the first qtr on some plays). So personally I'd rather do a play where theres almost 100% chance he
ll catch it...than risk him not ever getting the 1000th in the game.

Godfather
01-01-2012, 07:26 PM
I felt a little bad about it too. I saw us run a negative play so I was bummed, then I saw it was Hines and realized that was #1000.

But when he was grinning and carrying the ball to the sideline, I figured if he was happy with it I would be too.

fansince'76
01-01-2012, 07:31 PM

Yeah, I was kinda bummed with the way it turned out too. It almost seemed anticlimactic. It reminded me of when Favre took a dive for Michael Strahan when he got the single season sack record.

steeldevil
01-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Congrats Hines

BigNastyDefense
01-01-2012, 07:58 PM
All that matters about the Hines catch is that he got is 1000th.

If the Steelers win the Super Bowl, he's going to retire. There is no guarantee that he doesn't retire even if we don't win it. He's not as big a part of the offense anymore, being somewhere between #3 and #4 on the depth chart.

86WARD
01-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Good day for the Media Guide. Shitty play overall...

steelerdude15
01-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Congratulations to all the players who accomplished these achievements. A special congratulations to Hines, you deserve it more than anybody else.

touchdownward
01-01-2012, 09:14 PM
The 3 yard pass for 1000 didn't bother me. I remembered that the 999 other ones included many spectacular catches often followed by hard hits with Hines holding onto the ball with his trademark cheshire cat grin plastered on his face.

Carolina Steelers
01-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I was a little bummed but as stated Hines seemed happy with it, plus it wasnt his 1st reception for -yds in his career, im glad he got it i would have hated for him to be stuck on 999 during the offseason

Count Steeler
01-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Just hope he catches the game winning touchdown in the SB.

Congrats Hines, you are a class act and you have been a big influence on the young kids. Ironic that they are now prepared to take the team into the next few years. Thanks Hines. A true Steeler.

steelerdude15
01-01-2012, 10:23 PM

Congrats Hines, you are a class act and you have been a big influence on the young kids. Ironic that they are now prepared to take the team into the next few years. Thanks Hines. A true Steeler.
We're set for a long time at the WR area. Speed, great hands, and great play-making abilities is what defines this young WR corp.

pepsyman1
01-02-2012, 02:48 AM
We're set for a long time at the WR area. Speed, great hands, and great play-making abilities is what defines this young WR corp.

Now all we need is an OC that knows how to use them EFFECTIVELY. Lol

steelerdiva
01-02-2012, 11:59 AM

Amen...well said.