PDA

View Full Version : What should the Colts do with the #1 pick?

Godfather
01-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Andrew Luck is the most talked about possibility, but do you want to carry two franchise quarterbacks on your roster?

Robert Griffin III declared for the draft. He might be a better candidate to develop behind Peyton, like the Packers did with Rodgers.

They could go after another position.

They could trade down. There are teams that will give up a lot for the chance to draft Luck. Dan Snyder is dumb enough to overpay. Jerry Jones is getting tired of Romo and might want the media hype Luck would bring.

st33lersguy
01-01-2012, 06:56 PM
They need to take Luck, Peyton is in his mid 30s and coming off neck surgery, he is no longer a feasible long term solution at QB. Luck has the talent and work ethic to possibly be a great franchise QB, especially if the Colts manage to have both QBs on their roster and Manning mentors Luck properly

steelerdude15
01-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Andrew Luck would be a smart choice. Another smart choice would be to keep Manning if he can play next year and let him develop Luck.

suitanim
01-02-2012, 06:48 AM
This is the easiest no-brainer. You take Luck and secure 25-30 years of elite, premier QB play...

86WARD
01-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Luck. Not even a legitimate question...lol.

salamander
01-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Take Luck and let him develop behind Manning.

The Duke
01-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Unless Luck has some major skeletons in his closet revealed over the next few months, he's the pick

even if the guy tears his acl at the combine you have to pick him

Aussie_steeler
01-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Looks like the Polians are gone. This makes me think that Peyton Manning is soon to be gone.

Andrew Luck gives the Colts are quality QB and maybe some other pieces to the puzzle by trading manning

Chidi29
01-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Looks like the Polians are gone. This makes me think that Peyton Manning is soon to be gone.

Andrew Luck gives the Colts are quality QB and maybe some other pieces to the puzzle by trading manning

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. I was surprised to see Bill gone, but that doesn't mean the team has to get rid of Manning. His value hasn't changed regardless of who is running the team.