PDA

View Full Version : John Clay

Shoes
12-30-2011, 06:50 PM
I was pretty impressed with the big fellas quickness and moves on that 10 yard TD. His lower body is huge but he should change that number to anything but 38.....wonder what he's been doing on the PS? :chuckle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/johnclay.jpg

Steeltreal
12-30-2011, 07:18 PM
The Running back stable looks full next season if Baron Batch makes a recovery. Problem is none of them can play fullback

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2011, 07:27 PM
After one carry...you cant be serious. There's a reason(s) why he was undrafted.

slippy
12-30-2011, 07:31 PM
we can't seem to get redman more than three carries a game. how do you expect to see these other guys???

Hindes204
12-30-2011, 07:41 PM
After one carry...you cant be serious. There's a reason(s) why he was undrafted.

James Harrison was also undrafted

Count Steeler
12-30-2011, 07:50 PM
I guess he didn't get the memo to trip on the 5 yard line. He was supposed to let Mendy get the TD.

Drafted or undrafted, let the kid play. He looks big enough to be a full back.

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2011, 07:58 PM

James Harrison had a productive college career for a quiet team but also had a vast array of attitude problems that turned NFL teams off. John Clay had arguably the best offensive line assembled in the nation during his career and actually shouldve been way more productive, believe it or not. He had terrible feet, balance, and was pretty slow and not very tough for a big fella in college, and everybody knew that when he declared eligible for the draft. All of those attributes showed up in the preseason, he's got such a long ways to go, but cant do much better on your first professional carry than getting a touchdown *against the worst run defense in the league :lol:

Shoes
12-30-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm very serious .....like you were about Golden Tate :chuckle:

steelerdude15
12-30-2011, 08:52 PM
And Donnie Shell.

XxKnightxX
12-30-2011, 09:24 PM
we can't seem to get redman more than three carries a game. how do you expect to see these other guys???

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5a/Wishbone_Formation.svg/300px-Wishbone_Formation.svg.png

Problem Solved

katmandu
12-30-2011, 10:23 PM
I was pretty impressed with the big fellas quickness and moves on that 10 yard TD. His lower body is huge but he should change that number to anything but 38.....wonder what he's been doing on the PS? :chuckle:

A lot BUS in that young buck! I see a bunch of potential!

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-31-2011, 12:59 AM
If anybody watched Clay in College at Wisconsin, you would have been impressed by his first 2 seasons for sure. The problem is he doesn't have elite nfl speed and maybe didn't keep his weight in check.

I like him and think he brings much of the same that Dwyer does, so either Dwyer, Redman or Clay are interchangeable imo.

Galax Steeler
12-31-2011, 06:50 AM
As much as I like Mendy as our third down back I think he will be gone next season. I can see Batch moving up in that slot and Redman just a change of pace back for Mendy. The question is who will it be on the practice squad Dwyer or Clay. We have not seen enough of either one of them, it should be interesting in training camp next year.

86WARD
12-31-2011, 07:06 AM
The Running back stable looks full next season if Baron Batch makes a recovery. Problem is none of them can play fullback

They don't need them to play fullback. But there is a SHITLOAD of potential in that backfield with Mendy, Redman, Dwyer, Clay, Batch. Redman is a free agent...no?

tube517
12-31-2011, 11:08 AM
Championship!

LLT
12-31-2011, 11:29 AM

If I remember right...Clay was intitially ranked pretty high until it became known that he:
A) had some problems keeping his weight down
B) doesnt have great hands as a reciever out of the backfiled and
C)after he posted a poor 40 time.
He came back to run a better (but not great) time and a lot of teams considered him a PRIORITY free agent due to his averaging over 5 yards a carry at Wisconsin and because he is a very strong, and somehat elusive, downhill runner and big back.

XxKnightxX
12-31-2011, 11:34 AM
If I remember right...Clay was intitially ranked pretty high until it became known that he:
A) had some problems keeping his weight down
B) doesnt have great hands as a reciever out of the backfiled and
C)after he posted a poor 40 time.
He came back to run a better (but not great) time and a lot of teams considered him a PRIORITY free agent due to his averaging over 5 yards a carry at Wisconsin and because he is a very strong, and somehat elusive, downhill running big back.

Hopefully hes looking at what his school buddy Monte Ball did to lose that weight and follows his footsteps. I think we have a good problem in having a lot of Young promising backs, only if we just had that same problem with the O line.

LLT
12-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Hopefully hes looking at what his school buddy Monte Ball did to lose that weight and follows his footsteps. I think we have a good problem in having a lot of Young promising backs, only if we just had that same problem with the O line.

He actually showed pretty good motivation by dropping from 270 lbs to about 230 at draft time....probably one of the reasons we were willing to take a flyer on him.

7willBheaven
12-31-2011, 12:55 PM
As much as I like Mendy as our third down back I think he will be gone next season. I can see Batch moving up in that slot and Redman just a change of pace back for Mendy. The question is who will it be on the practice squad Dwyer or Clay. We have not seen enough of either one of them, it should be interesting in training camp next year.

I'm guessing you meant to say Moore as the 3rd down back not Mendy. And I do not think Dwyer can go on the PS now as he's dressed for a lot of games now...I'm not sure of the number he has and the PS limit but he's close if he hasnt passed it already I think. Where Clay would still be able to go on the PS.

Count Steeler
12-31-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm guessing you meant to say Moore as the 3rd down back not Mendy. And I do not think Dwyer can go on the PS now as he's dressed for a lot of games now...I'm not sure of the number he has and the PS limit but he's close if he hasnt passed it already I think. Where Clay would still be able to go on the PS.

Dwyer currently on IR, season is over. Byron Batch will stir the pot next year, if he can get and stay healthy. He doesn't have the physical size, but he has the heart of a lion.

Galax Steeler
01-01-2012, 07:51 AM

Sorry I did mean Moore.

GBMelBlount
01-01-2012, 09:20 AM

Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XxKnightxX
01-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone Hop on the Clay Bus!!!
http://www.nationalartsprogram.org/sites/default/files/cropped%20youth%20second%20place.jpg