PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Media's jerkish interview with Tomlin.

Edman
12-29-2011, 08:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/39120/tomlin-says-harrison-isnt-a-dirty-player

Unprofessional.

I wonder how they feel about the Browns' negligent practice of sending Colt McCoy back in the game after he was concussed.

polamalubeast
12-29-2011, 08:20 PM
LeBron James made ​​the right decision to leave Cleveland.

SMR
12-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Figures. Its Cleveland.

SMR
12-29-2011, 08:27 PM
LeBron James made ​​the right decision to leave Cleveland.

:applaudit:

Yep. Its become more and more obvious.

I currently live about 40 or so miles from Cleveland and, trust me, I can smell its stench like its in my backyard. I can't stand Cleveland!

The Duke
12-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Answer: No, I don't think it's a failure on anyone's part. I just think sometimes there's gonna be some unfortunate collisions in the game of football, all of which of course are not going to be legal.

unfortunately too many in the league seem to forget this

that reporter is a douche

BigNastyDefense
12-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Didn't Tomlin hang up on the media during the weekly teleconference earlier this year?

Cleveland media has NOTHING to write about. Browns suck, Cavs suck, Indians suck. So they wanted to get Tomlin to blow up so they could get a headline.

I honestly think that it's stupid that the head coach of the other team has to do a conference call with the media from the city of the team they are playing. His job is to coach the Pittsburgh Steelers. One press conference with the Pittsburgh media a week is all he should have to do. The other cities of the NFL? Fuck em, maybe when they have six Lombardi Trophies to show off, then we show them some respect.

fansince'76
12-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Question: At which point in his career do you think he made the conscious decision to be a headhunter?

Answer: I hadn't said that he is. Those are your words, not mine, my man.

Question: It seems to be the league's word, too.

Yes, the same "league" that saw fit not to do a goddamned thing about Shurmur sending a clearly concussed McCoy back onto the field, and in so doing, endangering him far more than what Harrison did. Time to dismount the high horse, jackass. :coffee:

suitanim
12-30-2011, 05:26 AM
It's just more schadenfreude...they look at our HC and see division, conference and league titles, and they look at their carousel of coaches who can't seem to win more then 5 games a season and they can't help but take out their frustrations and try to claim teeny little Pyrrhic victories...

BlacknGoldBabe
12-30-2011, 05:31 AM
No wonder that place is called the mistake by the lake.

HometownGal
12-30-2011, 05:42 AM
What a douchenozzle. :jerkit: Pot kettle?

NJarhead
12-30-2011, 07:53 AM
If it's Brown, flush it down!

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2011, 08:24 AM
the classic response to an misguided question like "At which point in his career do you think he made the conscious decision to be a headhunter?" would be "When did you stop beating your wife?"

And I'm pretty sure that Harrison has highlights going back as far as his rookie year of him destroying other team's players with vicious and violent hits, including one against a Browns fan. The Most Violent Team Wins.

NJarhead
12-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Tomlin should have responded, "At what point did you thank James Harrison for Policing that shit bowl you call a stadium for you?"

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/1226/5662485_320X240.jpg

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-30-2011, 10:36 AM
I'd like to see LeBeau or somebody put this on the bulletin board and see if the team responds. Steelers 38- Browns 3

shutdown
12-30-2011, 11:38 AM
This just shows true ignorance in today's media, especially in Cleveland.

You do realize other than a QB, the way James Harrison tackled McCoy is legal on any other position carrying the football? So what they're telling Harrison is, its fine to hit a HB, FB, WR, TE, SP Teamer, etc this way, but if its a QB behind the LOS, DONT!

The Cleveland media should know this first hand as the Josh Cribbs hit was twice as brutal as the Massaquoi hit, yet the Cribbs hit was perfectly legal, only because he wasn't a QB? The hit on Cribbs was extremely damaging to the human body, yet the NFL could careless because he's not one of their superstar positions they're looking to protect, err I mean player safety.

James Harrison leads the league in jarring the football away from a ball carrier over the last 5 seasons and its not even close. This tackling technique is proven effective, but will now get him in trouble if he does it against a QB and their helmets accidentally touch. I understand why he'd be hesitant to change. It's his bread and butter and only illegal 1% of the time.

I agree the hit on McCoy was dirty, he deserved punishment for that hit. But others in recent years have been ticky tacky, and its unfair to claim those others in the past were similar. However I think Harrison brought all this attention on himself with his ridiculous comments, and he should know by now he's under a microscope.

The NFL are hypocrites. Terrell Davis and Jerome Bettis said it themselves, both suffering from concussion syndromes post football careers and telling the world the NFL is doing nothing for them or future runningbacks. If the NFL were truly concerned with player safety they'd stop only protecting their superstar positions (QB/WR) and do something about helmet to helmet hits for positions that suffer from them the most.

But they don't. Any educated fan can see the NFL isn't for player safety. They're reactionary hypocrites out to protect their biggest money makers.

steel striker
12-30-2011, 07:49 PM
What cracks me up about this whole deal this is James first helmet to helmet hit this year. Media acts like James killed someone.

VTsteel
12-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Browns suck

and while I'm at it

Go Bengals!! . . . please beat the purple Browns