PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter

polamalubeast
12-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Ben Roethlisberger had the look of a starting quarterback again today, leading his offense through a full practice and leaving an impression on his teammates that he's ready to return to the field of play Sunday in Cleveland.

"He looked all right," Hines Ward said. "I don't know if he really ran around or stuff like that. He looked good so, with a week [off], he's feeling a little better, it definitley helped him.

"I'm sure he wants to get a little playing time before we head to the playoffs, considering we don't know the circumstances of what's going to happen."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11362/1199885-100.stm#ixzz1hsGnSrhw

HometownGal
12-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Guess we won't know for sure until Sunday. :noidea: Lots of conflicting reports and rumors going around the Burgh.

BlacknGoldBabe
12-29-2011, 06:43 AM
I'm not sure what to think in this situation. High ankle sprains are bad and Ben may not be doing himself or the team any favors if he starts. :nervous:

86WARD
12-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Play the first half, get a lead
And
Let Chuck maintain it.

mortgageman
12-29-2011, 09:20 AM
I think they should let him play but only for a half and run the ball most of the time since the Browns cannot stop the run. If he throws, it should be quick throws so he doesnt get hit.

Dino 6 Rings
12-29-2011, 09:54 AM
As long as the Game Plan is a short passing game without too much deep stuff that keeps him "burping the baby" and holding on to the ball to Fcking Long where he keeps getting hit over and over again and possibly injured for the Playoffs worse than he already is...then I'm all for him playing.

Oh and Ben, quit being a Dick...Throw the Ball to Hines a couple times early on ok? Not every play has to go 50 yards down field. Hines is open on the 6 yard curl almost every time.

Moose
12-29-2011, 07:52 PM
I still think Charlie/Dixon can handle the game. Just do mostly running plays, the browns can't stop that. Then in the 4th qtr. bring in Ben to get his game time reps and timing. I hate to be rooting for bungholes, but who knows....we may be CHAMPS and Ben could get another week to rest !!! GO STEELER'S