PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger has 'shot' to play against Cleveland Browns

polamalubeast
12-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Roethlisberger moving without limp

Posted: 6 mins ago. | Source CBSSports.com

Pittsburgh QB Ben Roethlisberger (ankle) moved through the locker room without a limp Wednesday as he prepared to practice for Week 17 at Cleveland. Roethlisberger said he expected to play in Sunday's game, but acknowledged the ultimate decision is up to Steelers coach Mike Tomlin. 'We’re going to go out and evaluate,” Roethlisberger said. “If he feels comfortable enough to have me out there, I’ll be out there. I want to play.'

Read more: http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Ben_Roethlisberger/1999077/roethlisberger-moving-without-limp#ixzz1hrOoIhgw

mortgageman
12-27-2011, 02:03 PM
If he only has a shot to play, he probably shouldnt play. If he re-injured the ankle, we have no shot in the playoffs. He needs to be as healthy as possible going into the playoffs.

BigNastyDefense
12-27-2011, 02:19 PM
We don't need him to beat the Browns.

katmandu
12-27-2011, 03:06 PM
If he only has a shot to play, he probably shouldnt play. Sit his butt down on the bench and chain him to it!

Moose
12-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Agree, sit Ben for browns game. Maybe bring him in late in 4th qtr. to get some game reps and help his timing for playoffs. GO STEELERS

stillers4me
12-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Gerry Dulac@gerrydulac18m (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/gerrydulac/status/151787189376782336)

Steelers want Ben to play about 25-30 snaps vs Browns. They don't want to go into playoffs w him missing last 2 games.

Iron Steeler
12-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Sit him

Dino 6 Rings
12-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Its real easy, you dress him, you start him, you call a Bootleg on the 1st play, if he is unable to Roll out and make the throw while on the run, you SIT his arse and put in Batch. If he makes the throw and all is good, then leave him in.

And yeah, I get that "we don't need him to beat the Browns" Thought, but they are playing the Steelers in their last home game of the year, its Their Super Bowl and it is a Rivalry Game to them, can't take them lightly.

We should win this game, 30-6. If we focus and play our Best Football and our Defense can actually generate a freaking turnover or two.

polamalubeast
12-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Steelers want Ben Roethlisberger to play about 25-30 snaps vs Browns. They don't want to go into playoffs w him missing last 2 games.

https://twitter.com/#!/gerrydulac/status/151787189376782336

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/12/report-steelers-want-ben-roethlisberger-to-play-about-25-30-snaps-against-browns/

ALLD
12-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Play first half and build up a lead. Then send in Batch.

SMR
12-27-2011, 07:35 PM
We don't need him to beat the Browns.

BINGO!

smokin3000gt
12-27-2011, 09:59 PM
If his ankle is good, then put him in for a little bit. I know we don't need him to beat the browns but it would be a good game to get him up to speed before the play offs.

SteelGhost
12-27-2011, 11:25 PM
I don't want a rusty Ben in the playoffs, so I would like to see him playing the 1st. half

steelreserve
12-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Its real easy, you dress him, you start him, you call a Bootleg on the 1st play, if he is unable to Roll out and make the throw while on the run, you SIT his arse and put in Batch. If he makes the throw and all is good, then leave him in.

Not to be an asshole, but ... shouldn't they be able to figure that out the day before in practice?

I'd rather have him get a little game action, to be quite honest. I would not want him going into the playoffs with a 3-week layoff and that horrid SF performance as his last live action.

suitanim
12-28-2011, 05:33 AM
It's fine if they decide to play him. But NO cowboy stuff...3 seconds, and if the pocket is collapsing, toss the ball away...

BlacknGoldBabe
12-28-2011, 05:37 AM
The Browns are going to play the role of "spoiler" now, so I wouldn't want to take too much of a chance of Ben not being available for the play offs at all. Do you seriously think they won't be taking any and all cheap shots available to them? With that said, I think that the Steelers ought to reserve Ben until needed.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2011, 08:23 AM
I think this game could be one that gets away from the Browns really quick, a lot like the Rams game and the last Bengals game. Once we get a 3 score lead, pull Ben out. We should have a good enough lead by mid 3rd Quarter to pull him. Up and down the roster the Steelers are the Superior team and the Steelers fans will be dominating the stands in Cleveland this weekend. The Browns are awful, and they aren't going to "spoil" anything other than their own coaches chances of being a long term leader of that team.

If Ben can play, can move a bit in the pocket and can plant, then he should play, keep the rust off, keep him in Game Mode for the Playoffs. If he is in too much pain to roll out, then Batch should be in the game to start and Ben should be 3rd String. Heck, Dixon should be ready to go. I have a feeling that we aren't going to get 2 good games in a row out of Batch. He's a good band aid. Covers the wound at first, but after a little bit, the glue loses its stickiness and you need to replace it. That's my opinion of Batch, good for a 1 game situation or a back up roll in game, but not good for more than that. I wish Dixon would have gotten some Snaps against the Rams just to get the kid some more in game experience.

zulater
12-28-2011, 08:35 AM
It's fine if they decide to play him. But NO cowboy stuff...3 seconds, and if the pocket is collapsing, toss the ball away...

Try telling that to Ben. He's hard headed, once you put him behind center you just have to assume he'll play the game the way he always does. If his health makes that too much of a risk, then you just have to sit him and hope charlie can deliver another one.

And as far as Ben being rusty, I think people make too much of that. Ben came back last season off a suspension that wouldn't even allow him access to the team or facilities for a month, and played a strong game.

Give him a week or two ( if we can get the 2 seed) of quality practice reps, and he'll come out guns a blazen imo. In other words if he can't be a full participant in at least one practice going into this game, then he needs to sit and do a little more healing.

cold-hard-steel
12-28-2011, 08:42 AM
I kinda like Ben in the back-up roll in this one. No use to risk an injury heading into the play-offs.

86WARD
12-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Play first half and build up a lead. Then send in Batch.

Yes. Second this motion...

polamalubeast
12-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Try telling that to Ben. He's hard headed, once you put him behind center you just have to assume he'll play the game the way he always does. If his health makes that too much of a risk, then you just have to sit him and hope charlie can deliver another one.

And as far as Ben being rusty, I think people make too much of that. Ben came back last season off a suspension that wouldn't even allow him access to the team or facilities for a month, and played a strong game.

Give him a week or two ( if we can get the 2 seed) of quality practice reps, and he'll come out guns a blazen imo. In other words if he can't be a full participant in at least one practice going into this game, then he needs to sit and do a little more healing.

Even if he has to play well his return in 2010, it is very risky not to play a game before the playoffs.

I always reminds me in 2005 when he appeared rusty on his return from his injury against the Colts and Bengals.Roethlisberger must play Sunday!

salamander
12-28-2011, 11:35 AM
I say play him to get him warmed up for the playoffs but you know the Brownies would LOVE to take him out so you gotta be careful about it.

polamalubeast
12-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Roethlisberger says he'll practice for Steelers ahead of finale

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8257cd12/article/roethlisberger-says-hell-practice-for-steelers-ahead-of-finale?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

https://twitter.com/#!/EdBouchette/status/152084109286580224

polamalubeast
12-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Roethlisberger moving without limp

Posted: 6 mins ago. | Source CBSSports.com

Pittsburgh QB Ben Roethlisberger (ankle) moved through the locker room without a limp Wednesday as he prepared to practice for Week 17 at Cleveland. Roethlisberger said he expected to play in Sunday's game, but acknowledged the ultimate decision is up to Steelers coach Mike Tomlin. 'We’re going to go out and evaluate,” Roethlisberger said. “If he feels comfortable enough to have me out there, I’ll be out there. I want to play.'

Read more: http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Ben_Roethlisberger/1999077/roethlisberger-moving-without-limp#ixzz1hrOoHlP1

polamalubeast
12-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers team report: Roethlisberger, Pouncey likely to play

Three of the Steelers' injured players—quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, C Maurkice Pouncey and WR Emmanuel Sanders—practiced Wednesday and are expected to play against the Browns, barring a setback.

Ideally, the Steelers would like Roethlisberger to play between 25-30 snaps and get him out of the game, but circumstances could dictate otherwise; they want him to play because they don’t want him going into the playoffs having missed the past two games.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-12-28/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-maurkice-pouncey#ixzz1hrbyvGjA