PDA

View Full Version : Flex could hurt Steelers

stillers4me
12-26-2011, 08:52 AM
If the Bengals have already locked up the 6th seed by 4:15 (if the Jets and the Titans lose), they will have no incentive to beat the Ravens and Marvin can rest his starters. The league used flex scheduling to screw us. :mad2:

And try not to think about that 92 yard drive.........

Read here @ http://burgh.us/bae

venom
12-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Go Jets and Titans !

mortgageman
12-26-2011, 09:09 AM
This is an absolute possibility. The Dolphins are at home against the Jets and playing much better then them right now. The Titans go on the road to play the Texans. The tecans have nothing to play for, but it's not like them sitting their starting qb(yates) makes them much easier to beat. They could sit Foster, but they have Tate as the backup. What about Oakland? They would have the same record as the Bungles if Oakland wins and the Bungles lose. I'm not sure what the tie breaker would be if they both had the same record, but the Raiders would have a better divisional and conference record.

fansince'76
12-26-2011, 09:14 AM
It's the Steelers' own fault. Shouldn't have let Bert move the ball those 92 yards...

fansince'76
12-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Ed: Bengals Cannot Clinch Early (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114057-ed-bengals-cannot-clinch-early)
Monday, 26 December 2011 10:06
Written by Ed Bouchette http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/templates/pg_twn/images/emailButton.png (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=4847a775c930dea5c160f5cdf575f761344a6829)

Good morning,
I was not always good at figuring out tiebreakers and I was wrong about an earlier post this morning.
Cincinnati will be in contention when they take the field against Baltimore at 4:15 p.m. Sunday no matter what happens in the 1 p.m. games.
According to the NFL, here is how Cincinnati can clinch a wildcard playoff spot:

CINCINNATI BENGALS
Cincinnati clinches a wild card spot:
1) CIN win or tie
2) NYJ loss or tie + OAK loss or tie
3) NYJ loss or tie + DEN loss or tie

Ed is still confused - Oakland and Denver play each other, so how can one of them not lose or tie? If these scenarios are correct, the Jet lose and the Bengals are in no matter what.

EDIT: Looks like I'm confused - Denver plays KC and Oakland plays SD - for some reason I thought Denver and Oakland were playing each other. :chuckle: Those are both 4:15 games as well, so Cincy will pretty much have to approach the Baltimore game as a must-win.

polamalubeast
12-26-2011, 11:13 AM
C'mon ED

no panic,Marvin Lewis and the bengals CAN'T rest their starter

Craic
12-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Ed is still confused - Oakland and Denver play each other, so how can one of them not lose or tie? If these scenarios are correct, the Jet lose and the Bengals are in no matter what.

EDIT: Looks like I'm confused - Denver plays KC and Oakland plays SD - for some reason I thought Denver and Oakland were playing each other. :chuckle: Those are both 4:15 games as well, so Cincy will pretty much have to approach the Baltimore game as a must-win.

Welcome to my life!! :wink02:

Count Steeler
12-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Fairness! It shows in everything the new NFL does.

7willBheaven
12-26-2011, 12:28 PM
I was going to say whatever article that is at the beginning (its a dead link now) was wrong because NFL.com had this...

Cincinnati clinches a wild-card spot with:

1) CIN win or tie
2) NYJ loss or tie + OAK loss or tie
3) NYJ loss or tie + DEN loss or tie

Pretty much Cincy HAS to win and their in as any of those 3 teams can win so the easiest way in instead of depending on Oak or Den is to just win...if they dont...they'll be needing a lot of help.

katmandu
12-26-2011, 12:45 PM
It's the Steelers' own fault. Shouldn't have let Bert move the ball those 92 yards...http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/image.php?u=718&dateline=1315455792

Edman
12-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Stop Bert Flacco for 92 yards and we don't have this conversation.

Dino 6 Rings
12-27-2011, 08:27 AM
I would still be effing hilarious if we beat the Browns and the Ravens lose to the Bengals and WE get the 1st round bye with a game at home and the Ravens have to play on the road in the wild card weekend even though they beat us Twice. I'd laugh so fcking hard.

So hard...it would be so hilarious. Like, if you were a Ravens fan and that happens, wouldn't you just quit all together. I mean if they go 12-4 and beat the Steelers twice yet still have to play on the road week 1 of the playoffs, that would be SO FUNNY!

suitanim
12-27-2011, 09:23 AM
I would still be effing hilarious if we beat the Browns and the Ravens lose to the Bengals and WE get the 1st round bye with a game at home and the Ravens have to play on the road in the wild card weekend even though they beat us Twice. I'd laugh so fcking hard.

So hard...it would be so hilarious. Like, if you were a Ravens fan and that happens, wouldn't you just quit all together. I mean if they go 12-4 and beat the Steelers twice yet still have to play on the road week 1 of the playoffs, that would be SO FUNNY!

The ratfilth took some bad, bad, bad losses. At least our losses were to quality teams.

polamalubeast
12-27-2011, 09:28 AM

It would be even more fun if the steelers win against the Ravens in playoffs @ Baltimore!

steelreserve
12-27-2011, 10:38 AM
On the bright side: At least we're in the playoffs no matter what and this only affects the nice-to-have stuff. Wasn't too long ago that we needed Cincinnati to beat the Jets in order to get into the playoffs at all, and we know how that turned out:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201001030nyj.htm

also seem to remember something about the Colts tanking a game or two, but I guess that's not so out of the ordinary these days.

Anyway, we did what we needed to to this year, and the shoot-ourselves-in-the-foot factor was way lower. I'll be content with whatever happens, although obviously a little luck would be nice.

Dino 6 Rings
12-27-2011, 12:20 PM
It would be even more fun if the steelers win against the Ravens in playoffs @ Baltimore!

No I think it would be more fun to Beat the Ravens on our field...again...and watch their faces as they realize they will never get passed us and then, go on to win the AFC Title against our Nemesis in the North East.