PDA

View Full Version : The Division is Still Attainable

BigNastyDefense
12-25-2011, 11:44 AM
The Division is Still Attainable (http://blackngoldreport.blogspot.com/2011/12/division-is-still-attainable.html)
by Thomas Hanlon

A week ago, after getting beat badly by the San Francisco 49ers 20-3, many members of Steeler Nation were thinking that we are looking at likely the #5 seed in the AFC Playoffs. The night before, the Baltimore Ravens were blown out by the San Diego Chargers, and if the Steelers could just beat San Francisco; they would be in the driver's seat for not only the AFC North crown, but also the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs.

Big Ben Roethlisberger was hobbled, almost a one-legged quarterback. There wasn't enough zip on his throws and the ball sailed, causing him to throw three interceptions. He also fumbled the ball while being sacked, unable to be as mobile as normal due to a high ankle sprain.

On Christmas Eve, Ben rested. Charlie Batch started at Heinz Field against the St. Louis Rams. I was confident we could win this game with Big Ben, I was just hoping Batch could get through the game without breaking like a fine piece of china. I got my wish, and the Pittsburgh Steelers shut out the Rams 27-0.

------------

Click the link (the title of the article) to read the rest of it.

I used to write for Bleacher Report, but last night was kicked off for my breaking news report on the arrest of former Ohio State QB & Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith. So I started my own blog. I have The Black & Gold Report for Steelers football and The Scarlet & Gray Report for Ohio State football.

So please read the blog post/article & follow my blog.

polamalubeast
12-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Go Bengals and go steelers!

BigNastyDefense
12-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Go Bengals and go steelers!

I know....I am going to feel sick to my stomach next week rooting for Shitcinnati!

Crow-Magnon
12-25-2011, 12:12 PM
After all this time, it all boils down to the last Sunday in the regular season, and two games before AFCN division rivals....and both in Ohio.

Win or lose....that's about a good a script as one could write.

BigNastyDefense
12-25-2011, 01:48 PM
After all this time, it all boils down to the last Sunday in the regular season, and two games before AFCN division rivals....and both in Ohio.

Win or lose....that's about a good a script as one could write.

A-freaking-men there Crow! All I know for sure is that it will be one helluva Sunday!

HometownGal
12-26-2011, 06:41 AM
I know....I am going to feel sick to my stomach next week rooting for Shitcinnati!

Move on over . . . . me too. :horror:

SMR
12-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Wow. It's gonna be one WILD ride come this Sunday, folks!

BigNastyDefense
12-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Move on over . . . . me too. :horror:

HTG, we can feel sick together then!

suitanim
12-26-2011, 08:21 AM
I don't know why people are acting like this is a mystery. This was pretty clear about 3 weeks ago. The only thing that has been "off-script" so far was the Chargers beating the Ratfilth...