PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Browns moves to 4:15 p.m

polamalubeast
12-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Ravens-Bengals moves to 4:15 p.m. ET on CBS. The Ravens have clinched a playoff berth. They can clinch the AFC North and a first-round bye with a win over Cincinnati, while the Bengals can clinch the AFC’s sixth seed with a win.

Steelers-Browns moves to 4:15 p.m. ET on CBS. Pittsburgh can win the AFC North with a win over Cleveland and a Cincinnati victory over Baltimore.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/12/24/cowboys-giants-week-17-showdown-moved-to-primetime/?module=HP11_breaking_news

SMR
12-24-2011, 07:44 PM
DRAT!! I was hoping the game would remain on 1:00

salamander
12-24-2011, 07:47 PM
This scares me. We haven't done very well with later games.

BlastFurnace
12-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Is it possible for the Bengals to clinch a playoff spot before their game begins if enough teams lose?

zulater
12-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Is it possible for the Bengals to clinch a playoff spot before their game begins if enough teams lose?

Yep. And probably exactly what will happen. This is Goodell's way to insure the Steelers wont win the division or get a bye. Take away the Bengals incentive to win, and they'll use the game as a bye.

polamalubeast
12-24-2011, 08:33 PM

no

SD vs OAK(16h)..

oneforthetoe
12-24-2011, 10:36 PM
I think this means we have to root for the Jets to win at Miami at 1:00 And, probably the titties to win at 1 00 as well. As for the Jets, I know a couple of weeks ago the Jets were above the Bungles even with the same record. Of course, that could have changed.

steelerdude15
12-24-2011, 10:38 PM
I wish they wouldn't move games around.

Godfather
12-24-2011, 11:26 PM
I'd rather have the Bungholes play the Rats early. Then we go into the game knowing if it matters.

PalmerSteel
12-25-2011, 02:09 AM
its all about ratings...............

BlacknGoldBabe
12-25-2011, 05:37 AM
Goodhell can rate this.......:jerkit:

HometownGal
12-25-2011, 05:47 AM
Why couldn't they just leave it alone? :doh: Just another way for Goodildo to put the screws to the Steelers. :jerkit:

polamalubeast
12-25-2011, 06:37 AM
Playoffs scenario for Cincinnati:

1) WIN vs. Baltimore
2) LOSS vs. Baltimore + Oakland LOSS vs. San Diego + New York LOSS at Miami
3) LOSS vs. Baltimore + Oakland WIN vs. San Diego + Denver LOSS vs. Kansas City + New York LOSS at Miami

The Bengals play at the same time that the Broncos and Raiders.

And I have no problem that the steelers play at the same time as the ravens.

In fact, the NFL would have been stupid to not put the Steelers game at the same time that the Ravens,because the game between the steelers / browns would be useless if the Ravens win.

On this move, it's a very good decision in the NFL.

Count Steeler
12-25-2011, 07:04 AM
I wonder if they will black out the out of town scoreboard?

zulater
12-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Playoffs scenario for Cincinnati:

1) WIN vs. Baltimore
2) LOSS vs. Baltimore + Oakland LOSS vs. San Diego + New York LOSS at Miami
3) LOSS vs. Baltimore + Oakland WIN vs. San Diego + Denver LOSS vs. Kansas City + New York LOSS at Miami

The Bengals play at the same time that the Broncos and Raiders.

And I have no problem that the steelers play at the same time as the ravens.

In fact, the NFL would have been stupid to not put the Steelers game at the same time that the Ravens,because the game between the steelers / browns would be useless if the Ravens win.

On this move, it's a very good decision in the NFL.

I'd still have rather them left it alone. Say for example the Jets lose at Miami ( as I expect) @ 1. Then say the Bengals are doing a little bit of scoreboard watching and see the Raiders are down big to the Chargers early in their 4 o'clock meeting, they could lose some of their urgency late in the game against the Ravens. If they had left it alone there was no way the Bengals wouldn't have played hard to the final whistle. Now, who knows? :noidea:

polamalubeast
12-25-2011, 09:11 AM
I'd still have rather them left it alone. Say for example the Jets lose at Miami ( as I expect) @ 1. Then say the Bengals are doing a little bit of scoreboard watching and see the Raiders are down big to the Chargers early in their 4 o'clock meeting, they could lose some of their urgency late in the game against the Ravens. If they had left it alone there was no way the Bengals wouldn't have played hard to the final whistle. Now, who knows? :noidea:

Even if the Chargers would take a good lead, it would be risky for the Bengals not have a sense of urgency!

But I think the raiders will win against the Chargers.

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2011, 10:13 AM
I wish they wouldn't move games around.

Agreed. All they care about is making the most $$$ that they can.

tube517
12-25-2011, 10:43 AM

Me too. I hope they don't subscribe to that hocus pocus.

polamalubeast
12-25-2011, 10:54 AM

it's not been a problem this year.

They play very well against the cards and patriots

salamander
12-25-2011, 11:43 AM
it's not been a problem this year.

They play very well against the cards and patriots

True but we also haven't done well on the road this year. 3 of our 4 losses have come on the road.

SMR
12-26-2011, 07:01 AM

I'm with you on that.

SMR
12-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Agreed. All they care about is making the most $$$ that they can.

I second that.

zulater
12-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Yep. And probably exactly what will happen. This is Goodell's way to insure the Steelers wont win the division or get a bye. Take away the Bengals incentive to win, and they'll use the game as a bye.

It turns out I was correct. And no one will convince me this isn't exactly what Goodell was thinking when the schedule was changed. Chidi, your'e up, tell us how your homey isn't really out to get the Steelers. It's a fucking disgrace. He should be locked up for conspiracy.

polamalubeast
12-26-2011, 01:17 PM
It turns out I was correct. And no one will convince me this isn't exactly what Goodell was thinking when the schedule was changed. Chidi, your'e up, tell us how your homey isn't really out to get the Steelers. It's a fucking disgrace. He should be locked up for conspiracy.

I disagree on that.

The NFL wants to have the highest number important game of the week 17 and it is very correct.

The Bengals must won Sunday, otherwise they have very good chance of missing the playoffs.If the bengals focuses on games on the Broncos and Raiders, Bengals are really dumb

43Hitman
12-26-2011, 02:57 PM

Zu the Soothsayer. lol, come on man, you don't really subscribe to this do you?

X-Terminator
12-26-2011, 03:53 PM

The Bengals are going to have to play to win the game, because they control their own destiny and nothing will be decided for them before their game starts. As much as I despise Goodell, there's no conspiracy here.

polamalubeast
12-26-2011, 04:05 PM
The Bengals are going to have to play to win the game, because they control their own destiny and nothing will be decided for them before their game starts. As much as I despise Goodell, there's no conspiracy here.

100% agree

XxKnightxX
12-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Lets be real about something too guys. Id rather BEAT my AFC North divisional rivals, piss them off, send em on the road, and have a better chance of playing in Heinz field rather than at M&T bank stadium.

Hindes204
12-26-2011, 06:00 PM
For crying out loud, the conspiracy theorists are in full force today. The NFL is a business, not just a game. They rearrange schedules to ensure the biggest profit, that's the way business works. Why would they not want to ensure the biggest profit? There is no underlying hatred for one team...If you don't like it, stop watching the game

Craic
12-26-2011, 06:21 PM
For crying out loud, the conspiracy theorists are in full force today. The NFL is a business, not just a game. They rearrange schedules to ensure the biggest profit, that's the way business works. Why would they not want to ensure the biggest profit? There is no underlying hatred for one team...If you don't like it, stop watching the game
http://www.crystalinks.com/bh.gif

zulater
12-26-2011, 06:37 PM

No, I'll keep watching, thanks all the same. I don't take orders from you.

I do think Goodell will go out of his way to make life more difficult for the Steelers when he can. That's my opinion. I'm entitled to it. If you don't like it I don't care. :coffee:

zulater
12-26-2011, 06:39 PM

If the Titans and Jets both lose in the early games they're (Bengals) in with tiebreakers no matter what the Raiders do.

Hopefully this scenario wont come into play. But regardless, from a competition standout, from the Steelers perspective, things would have been better if they had been left as they were, with both the Steelers and Bengals game kicking off at 1 p.m as origninally scheduled.

Be it design, coincidence, or happenstance, the change could prove to be very detrimental to the Steelers cause. In my opinio n the NFL should have been required to leave things as they were. If a schedule change can be proven to change the competive nature of a game, that change should be disallowed imo.

polamalubeast
12-26-2011, 07:32 PM
If the Titans and Jets both lose in the early games they're (Bengals) in with tiebreakers no matter what the Raiders do.

Hopefully this scenario wont come into play. But regardless, from a competition standout, from the Steelers perspective, things would have been better if they had been left as they were, with both the Steelers and Bengals game kicking off at 1 p.m as origninally scheduled.

Be it design, coincidence, or happenstance, the change could prove to be very detrimental to the Steelers cause. In my opinio n the NFL should have been required to leave things as they were. If a schedule change can be proven to change the competive nature of a game, that change should be disallowed imo.

The raiders may finish as wild card if the Bengals lose.The calendar will not change the importance of the game for the Bengals.

He has no reason to be angry against the NFL about this change

polamalubeast
12-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Oakland clinches a wild card spot:

1) OAK win + CIN loss + TEN loss or tie

2) OAK win + CIN loss + NYJ win

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Cincinnati clinches a wild card spot:

1) CIN win or tie 

2) NYJ loss or tie + OAK loss or tie

3) NYJ loss or tie + DEN loss or tie

Read more: http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/raiders-talk/post/Updated-Raiders-playoff-scenarios?blockID=619060&feedID=2539

Dodt
12-26-2011, 09:39 PM
on one hand i'm ticked the game will be blacked out since i live in ratbirds territory , on the other hand i get to travel to my nearest steelers bar to cheer on the steelers with some of my coworkers.

X-Terminator
12-26-2011, 11:14 PM

Sorry but you're wrong, and polamalubeast just pointed it out. It's also been posted twice before, including a retraction/correction by Ed Bouchette after he posted the same incorrect scenario that you did. The Bengals must play the game full-out, regardless of what happens in the early games. You can be mad that the game was moved to 4:15, but there is no ulterior motive here.

zulater
12-27-2011, 01:39 AM
Sorry but you're wrong, and polamalubeast just pointed it out. It's also been posted twice before, including a retraction/correction by Ed Bouchette after he posted the same incorrect scenario that you did. The Bengals must play the game full-out, regardless of what happens in the early games. You can be mad that the game was moved to 4:15, but there is no ulterior motive here.

I was basing my previous opinion of the faulty information Bouchette posted. That said as previously indicated if the Jets were to lose at 1, and the Raiders were to go down to the Chargers early, it could still play out where the Bengals know they can coast late. Even if there was no ulterior motive other than ratings in the move, I still wish they would have left both kickoff's at 1.

Craic
12-27-2011, 04:32 AM
I was basing my previous opinion of the faulty information Bouchette posted. That said as previously indicated if the Jets were to lose at 1, and the Raiders were to go down to the Chargers early, it could still play out where the Bengals know they can coast late. Even if there was no ulterior motive other than ratings in the move, I still wish they would have left both kickoff's at 1.

I understand that, but I think this thread is clear evidence of how over-the-top this board has gotten about Good-deal trying to cheat the Steelers.

suitanim
12-27-2011, 05:41 AM
Well, let's not forget that, conspiracy theories aside, he's still ruining the NFL.

zulater
12-27-2011, 09:05 AM
I understand that, but I think this thread is clear evidence of how over-the-top this board has gotten about Good-deal trying to cheat the Steelers.

Maybe we're, "over the top", but Goodell's given us good reason. Look around the league and see the crime blotter. Does anyone ever get suspended for non drug related off the field behaviour issues other than Ben?

I don't remember anyone ever feeling as if Taglibue had it in for the Steelers.

polamalubeast
12-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Maybe we're, "over the top", but Goodell's given us good reason. Look around the league and see the crime blotter. Does anyone ever get suspended for non drug related off the field behaviour issues other than Ben?

I don't remember anyone ever feeling as if Taglibue had it in for the Steelers.

STEELERS VS THE WORLD!!!

venom
12-27-2011, 09:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/15731978/view/1/producttypecolor/66/type/png/width/280/height/280/you-play-to-win-the-game_design.png

zulater
12-27-2011, 10:04 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-roethlisbergergodell013111

I wasn't big on the idea that Goodell had it in for the Steelers until a week before SB 45 when his little interview with Peter King rips opens an old scar, for no apparent reason other than to create discord within the Steelers camp.

I'm sorry but I don't buy that it just happened, and there was no ill intent on Goodell's part. I honestly believe he despises Big Ben for not kissing his ring and thanking him for reducing his (Goodell's) arbitrary and ridiculously severe suspension of Ben. Ben's moved past it and never publicly complained about the punishment, but those who know him know that he never felt it fair. And Goodell also knows that. In Goodell's mind Ben should have kissed his ass and publicly thanked him ala Mike Vick. Not understanding the difference that Vick actually admitted to committing a felony, and was convicted of it, while Ben was accused but never charged, and maintains his innocence.

fansince'76
12-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Well, let's not forget that, conspiracy theories aside, he's still ruining the NFL.

Yep. That's my beef with him.

I'm really hoping the Steelers win it all for no other reason than to spite that jagoff and all the Steelers haters.

GBMelBlount
12-27-2011, 10:45 AM
It is what it is.

Rather than worry, the Steelers should play to win as they always do, rest starters to the degree possible, and only use Ben sparingly if cleared and necessary.

43Hitman
12-27-2011, 10:48 AM
It is what it is.

Rather than worry, the Steelers should play to win as they always do, rest starters to the degree possible, and only use Ben sparingly if cleared and necessary.

Yeah, I would like to see Ben come out after half-time run the no huddle, knock off the rust, score and have a seat the rest of the day.

Craic
12-27-2011, 04:03 PM

Yep. That's my beef with him.

I'm really hoping the Steelers win it all for no other reason than to spite that jagoff and all the Steelers haters.

These, while I 'somewhat' disagree, I have no problem with. It's the "He has it out for the Steelers" mentality that I disagree with. Ben? Maybe. He publicly stated that he was appalled and disgusted by what happened - and most people seem to forget that it was the second time he was accused of the same thing. I have no desire to revisit what actually did or did not happen, but I DO think there is antipathy between the two of them. That doesn't translate however, to "having it out for the Steelers."

IMO, that fact of the matter is, we might as well get used to him, because he's going to be around for a LONG time. That 10 year CBA with no lost games went a long, long way to cementing his position.

suitanim
12-28-2011, 05:31 AM
I think he has it in for the way the Steelers play the game. When Ryan Clark made a clean hit and jarred the ball loose (Bengals game I think), IMO it incensed Goodell that Tomlin called it a clean football play, insinuating that it should neither have been flagged or fined.

For worse (not better), Goodell is the bear, and the way the Steelers play the game is poking that bear.