PDA

View Full Version : week 17

polamalubeast
12-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Go steelers and go bengals!

Edman
12-24-2011, 03:17 PM
It all comes down to this. The Steelers and Ravens head out to Ohio to decide the division.

polamalubeast
12-24-2011, 08:34 PM
@ OAK,@ DEN or a bye for the steelers

PalmerSteel
12-25-2011, 02:15 AM
traveling west is gonna suck.....

suitanim
12-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Go Bengals!

(I just threw up a little in my mouth)

Texasteel
12-25-2011, 06:17 AM
A Steelers win, and as lose by the Ravens, and the Pats will make it a very happy New Years.

venom
12-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Cincy will play hard . Steelers should beat the Browns . Three teams from the North in the Playoffs

polamalubeast
12-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Marvin Lewis is 10-7 against the Ravens in his career.

Moose
12-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Living is S.E. Indiana and about 45min. from cincy, sorry, but I just can't find myself rooting for the bungholes. I just can't imagine having those obnoxious bunghole fans and their idiotic, nauseating chant of 'who dey' happening for a week. Especially them taunting the, ' we beat a team you couldn't. I'd love to see our black/gold be the division winners, first round bye, and home field advantage.....but, the black/gold should have done their business at the second ratbird game, and the other games that they should have won. We are in the playoffs.....let's get healthy and roll. GO STEELERS

venom
12-25-2011, 09:15 AM
We also have to root hard for the Jets ( that will hurt ) - should they win , Cincy will play harder to win for that last playoff spot

steelerdude15
12-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Hoping for a Bengals win!

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Cincy will play hard . Steelers should beat the Browns . Three teams from the North in the Playoffs

I think that Cincy is going to win this game. We still have a very good shot at taking the division.

Crow-Magnon
12-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Go Bengals!

(I just threw up a little in my mouth)

Go Browns! (so did I)

Browns looked awful in the first half but came back and played tough in the second. Hillis seems to have gotten his legs back.

Moose
12-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Go Browns! (so did I)

Browns looked awful in the first half but came back and played tough in the second. Hillis seems to have gotten his legs back.

Oh great, the brownies are gonna get tough just when We GET TO PLAY THEM !!

polamalubeast
12-28-2011, 10:46 AM
The bengals won 5 of the last 6 games vs ravens @ CIN

steeldevil
12-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Go Bills and Bengals and of course Steelers.

salamander
12-28-2011, 10:52 AM
That damn 92-yard drive.......

polamalubeast
12-28-2011, 10:54 AM
That damn 92-yard drive.......

move on!

Lambert_Loonie
12-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Sorry guys, but there isn't a realistic circumstance on Earth in which I could ever, EVER root for the Bungles. I'd rather take my chances with the #5 seed and Shitsinnati miss the Playoffs alltogether than get the #2 seed and the Bungles get the #6 seed. I know it sounds asinine and counter-productive to most of you, but you don't live where I live. Honestly, the Bengals are the only team in professional sports I outright hate. Their fanbase makes me sick. You know their response to the "6 rings" arguement? "So what? The past doesn't matter." Or, and I get this a lot, "C'mon, you gotta support your hometown team!" What year is this, 1935?! Sorry to rant but these people make me ill, and not much else in life brings me the joy of seeing their sad fanbase in misery.

Moose
12-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Sorry guys, but there isn't a realistic circumstance on Earth in which I could ever, EVER root for the Bungles. I'd rather take my chances with the #5 seed and Shitsinnati miss the Playoffs alltogether than get the #2 seed and the Bungles get the #6 seed. I know it sounds asinine and counter-productive to most of you, but you don't live where I live. Honestly, the Bengals are the only team in professional sports I outright hate. Their fanbase makes me sick. You know their response to the "6 rings" arguement? "So what? The past doesn't matter." Or, and I get this a lot, "C'mon, you gotta support your hometown team!" What year is this, 1935?! Sorry to rant but these people make me ill, and not much else in life brings me the joy of seeing their sad fanbase in misery.
LMAO--atta way Lambert Loonie ! Read my response at # 9, I feel your pain. I feel the black/yellow should have taken care of business when they had the chance, I hate this crap of rooting for 'other' teams so our team does better. Sorry, I'm too black/gold to root for another team, much less the bungholes. I hate that team and especially hate their OBNOXIOUS fans....all 10,000 of them !! They had to run a program, buy 1 get 1 FREE in order to 'sell' out their stadium so now I'm FORCED to watch that damn game on TV. Plus those idiotic fans are running around spouting off how they SOLD OUT the game !! geesh !! It's pure hell to live around the cincy area and have to day in/ day out put up with so called football fans. Most of the morons don't know who they play, where they play, when they play, the ones here at work are always asking me. Last week I told a couple of them they play a team they played a week earlier------and they believed me !!! You ask them to name a player other than Dalton or Green ( names always on the news in cincy), and they are dumb founded. LOL, I definitely feel your pain Lambert Loonie !!

BlacknGoldBabe
12-30-2011, 05:40 AM

Loonie...they're just jealous that the Steelers have a fan base that encompasses the entire Earth! Not to mention the fact that it's outright pathetic when so-called "fans" can only recall two names on their entire team's roster.

polamalubeast
12-30-2011, 01:09 PM
The Steelers have three scenario

They can have a bye.

If the Steelers have played in the wildcard round, they will play @ Denver or @ Oakland.

polamalubeast
12-30-2011, 05:20 PM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6127/flaccoface.png

polamalubeast
12-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Max Starks' take on Ravens-Bengals: "If (the Bengals) apply pressure to Joe Flacco they can be in a position where they can win at home."

BigNastyDefense
12-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Their first game should have gone to overtime, but somehow the ball crossing the plain of the goal line and then the player stepping out of bounds doesn't constitute a catch & touchdown in the NFL anymore.

Dalton to Green is going to be big on Sunday. How did Mike Brown end up getting these two players? He isn't smart enough to do this on purpose, it had to have been an accident to get both.

Steelers beat the Browns, probably shut them out.

Cinci shocks Baltimore, sending Baltimore back to the road for the playoffs for a fourth straight year.

GBMelBlount
12-30-2011, 06:25 PM
I looked up "slack jawed" in the dictionary and there was no explanation. Just this picture. :noidea:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6127/flaccoface.png :

Shoes
12-30-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm getting a feeling that the rats will drop this one...for the reason above!

SteelGhost
12-30-2011, 07:00 PM
I refuse to root for the bungles, BUT I expect them to win :chuckle:

steel striker
12-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Go Bungals and Go Bills!!!

Moose
12-30-2011, 08:15 PM
I guess it's that I'm NOT rooting for the bungholes to win.....just rooting for the rat's to lose ! Makes no sense, I know ...LOL.

Crow-Magnon
12-31-2011, 05:42 AM
I think it is a 50%-50% chance the Ravens lose. Most likely due to the fact that for whatever reason, the Ravens have not played that well on the road this year. Especially in the secondary. Also, I have this bad feeling that if the game is close by the middle of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th qtr, that Cam is going to go soft, knowing Baltimore is already in the Playoffs, whereas Cincinnati is going to remain balls to the wall until the final gun.

Let's just say that while I believe Baltimore is certainly capable of winning this game, I would not be surprised if the lose.

suitanim
12-31-2011, 06:44 AM
Baltimore plays even worse then we do on the road. This is a must-win for them...if they lose this game, they will risk one-and-done.

zulater
12-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Baltimore plays even worse then we do on the road. This is a must-win for them...if they lose this game, they will risk one-and-done.

I'm worried that the Bengals might choke. If the Bengals play their best, the Ravens will have their hands full. But I'm not sure if the Bengals are ready to sit at the big boy table yet? With young teams you never know if the moment could prove too much for them? As silly as it might sound it might have been better if the Bengals were just playing for a winning season, rather than a playoff berth. The role of spoiler comes with less pressure.

Crow-Magnon
12-31-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm worried that the Bengals might choke. If the Bengals play their best, the Ravens will have their hands full. But I'm not sure if the Bengals are ready to sit at the big boy table yet? With young teams you never know if the moment could prove too much for them? As silly as it might sound it might have been better if the Bengals were just playing for a winning season, rather than a playoff berth. The role of spoiler comes with less pressure.

Actually, it doesn't sound silly at all. Dalton has been more than most could have imagined this season, but this could be the game where the pressure really gets to him. It may not, and he might play like an All-Pro, but asking a rookie QB to win ONE game to get in the Playoffs or lose and go home (maybe- they still have a small chance of making the post-season even if they lose) is a lot to ask of most 1st year QB's.

The fact is, the Pats, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos, Raiders and Bengals all have a lot riding on tomorrow's games. New England already has that first-round bye clinched, but not home field through the AFCC, and you know Belicheat wants that as much as anyone. Hard to believe that in Week 17 there are still three teams (Pats, Ravens, Steelers) playing for that opportunity.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

steel striker
12-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah I could see the bengals losing this game beacause, they are a very young team. Now who knows they just might go out there and, play lights out to get the win. I will say Dalton has shown he has alot of poise and, if Green can make a few big plays they have a chance. I'm sure many Raven fans are nervous about this game because, Flacco has been up and down alot this season. After beating us twice this season it would be something for the ravens to lose this game and, our Steelers winning the division.

Lambert_Loonie
12-31-2011, 08:14 PM
The Steelers would win the division and #2 seed if Ravens/Bungles goes to a tie, wouldn't they? I think that's what I'll be hoping for.

Moose
12-31-2011, 11:28 PM
Hey Lambert Loonie - have you ever been to Martino's on short Vine by U.C....across the street from Bogart's in Clifton ? It's a Steeler bar, owned by people from Pittsburgh....awesome food and great drinks. You can take the family. Packed on Sunday's during the game. Gotta try it.

Texasteel
01-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Actually, it doesn't sound silly at all. Dalton has been more than most could have imagined this season, but this could be the game where the pressure really gets to him. It may not, and he might play like an All-Pro, but asking a rookie QB to win ONE game to get in the Playoffs or lose and go home (maybe- they still have a small chance of making the post-season even if they lose) is a lot to ask of most 1st year QB's.

The fact is, the Pats, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos, Raiders and Bengals all have a lot riding on tomorrow's games. New England already has that first-round bye clinched, but not home field through the AFCC, and you know Belicheat wants that as much as anyone. Hard to believe that in Week 17 there are still three teams (Pats, Ravens, Steelers) playing for that opportunity.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

This is the day I would love to spend with you in a good sports bar. Two TVs side by side, a plate full of wings, a pitcher of beer, and an envelop containing our cab fare.

Wish I could say good luck Crow, but the best I can come up with is. I hope no one gets hurt.

suitanim
01-01-2012, 07:07 AM
If Karma exists, Killuh Ray's sins need reconciled.

Of course, the Bengals aren't much better...

Crow-Magnon
01-01-2012, 07:09 AM
This is the day I would love to spend with you in a good sports bar. Two TVs side by side, a plate full of wings, a pitcher of beer, and an envelop containing our cab fare.

Wish I could say good luck Crow, but the best I can come up with is. I hope no one gets hurt.

The last time I spent in a sports bar watching football with a Steelers fan was back in the early 90's, when I no longer had a football team to follow. I think it was the AFC WC game between Pittsburgh and the Chiefs. I bet it would be a blast to watch this game in a good sports bar with a Steelers fan (a good one lol ). Beer, wings, two big HDTV's and a cab ride home would be pretty cool.

Yeah, I hope no one gets hurt, either.

Lambert_Loonie
01-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Hey Lambert Loonie - have you ever been to Martino's on short Vine by U.C....across the street from Bogart's in Clifton ? It's a Steeler bar, owned by people from Pittsburgh....awesome food and great drinks. You can take the family. Packed on Sunday's during the game. Gotta try it.

Went there for game 1 of the season and had a pretty lousy time (the lousy game didn't have anything to do with it). Service was poor and food was waaaay overpriced. It doesn't help that Clifton's a hellhole too. It was a nice atmosphere to be in with all the other fans, but I don't think it's worth the price.

Onto another subject... the Bungles lose and stgill go to the Playoffs? I freakin' hate this league sometimes. The Titans, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers & Jets can all go to Hell as far as I'm concerned.

Moose
01-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Went there for game 1 of the season and had a pretty lousy time (the lousy game didn't have anything to do with it). Service was poor and food was waaaay overpriced. It doesn't help that Clifton's a hellhole too. It was a nice atmosphere to be in with all the other fans, but I don't think it's worth the price.

Onto another subject... the Bungles lose and stgill go to the Playoffs? I freakin' hate this league sometimes. The Titans, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers & Jets can all go to Hell as far as I'm concerned.
Man, sorry to hear about your bad experience at Martino's. I don't go there alot, as you said Clifton is a bad ass place ( especially after dark), but I haven't had any bad experiences with service. I usually get a hoagie/chips and it's always been pretty damn good...and beer cold of course. I don't care to drive though from Dillsboro Indiana to cincy...especially after drinking. Now as far as the bungholes being in the playoffs....ugh, we'll have to listen to those obnoxious azzholes for a week.....I've already had a few of those morons come to me asking WHEN they play and WHO they play.... one bunghole fan didn't even know it was the last game of the regular season.....LMAO. Yea, fans.....and now I realize how the 'who dey' chant came about.....it's them asking what team it was that just beat them !!!

Lambert_Loonie
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
I can see how it started now. "Who dey?! Who dey?! No really, who dey? I don't have the slightest idea."

I'm optimistic for Houston, Cincy went 1-7 against teams with winning records (and that 1 win was against Tennessee, whoop-de-doo). Besides, I can't imagine that franchise would want the black mark of losing their first ever playoff game to the freakin' Bungles.

Texasteel
01-01-2012, 07:59 PM
The last time I spent in a sports bar watching football with a Steelers fan was back in the early 90's, when I no longer had a football team to follow. I think it was the AFC WC game between Pittsburgh and the Chiefs. I bet it would be a blast to watch this game in a good sports bar with a Steelers fan (a good one lol ). Beer, wings, two big HDTV's and a cab ride home would be pretty cool.

Yeah, I hope no one gets hurt, either.

Congratulations Crow, looking forward to seeing you for game 3.