PDA

View Full Version : Early scouting report: Pittsburgh Steelers

LLT
07-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Early scouting report: Pittsburgh Steelers
by Jamison Hensley
July 6, 2010

The Sun will take a look at all 13 of the Ravens' 2010 opponents. Today's early scouting report is on the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Ravens’ opponent in Week 4 and Week 13:

Head coach: Mike Tomlin (9-7 overall record)

2009 record: 9-7

Biggest addition: Bringing in Byron Leftwich to become the starting QB for at least the first quarter of the season. Ben Roethlisberger has been suspended for at least the first four games of the season for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. If this change doesn’t turn the Steelers into a run-heavy offense again, nothing will.

Key loss: Trading away WR Santonio Holmes. He was shipped because the Steelers didn’t want to deal with another player being suspended. It was good for the image of the franchise. It was bad for the offense, which lost its best playmaking wide receiver.

Question mark: Who plays right tackle for the Steelers? Willie Colon is suddenly out for the season with a torn Achilles' tendon. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette suggests that Pittsburgh will replace him with Jonathan Scott, who started eight games last season for the Buffalo Bills. The Steelers have also met with Flozell Adams, the former Dallas Cowboys lineman whose play has declined over the past few seasons.

Projected 2010 finish: 8-8, second in the AFC North. This just doesn’t seem to be the Steelers’ year, from the suspension of Roethlisberger to the trade of Holmes to the season-ending injury to Colon. Breaking even should be considered a success.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/07/early_scouting_report_pittsburgh_steelers.html

Killer
07-06-2010, 09:58 AM
The Baltimore Sun can kiss my ass.

Flacco is a choker, their defense is older and slower with no secondary. I say the Ratbirds go 8-8.

vasteeler
07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
8-8 :upyours:

steeldevil
07-06-2010, 10:30 AM
I love the end...... "Breaking even should be considered a success"........ :lol:

steelpride12
07-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Well what do we expect this is coming from Baltimore's premier newspaper. They can "predict" all they want, but it means jack squat until the season is over.

zulater
07-06-2010, 02:10 PM
I thought it was a fair assessment. Now I obviously hope we win more than that, and i can see how and why we might. But a gun to my head prediction right now today and I'm probably right there at 8 myself.

solardave
07-06-2010, 02:33 PM
I say if we get the RT position straight we go 13-3 or even 14-2. Are we forgetting how we do when people count us out?

steeldevil
07-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I say if we get the RT position straight we go 13-3 or even 14-2. Are we forgetting how we do when people count us out?

Wow... Thats certainly being overly optimistic .
Hey, I hope you are right, but I sure as hell wouldnt bet on it.

My best case scenario for us is 12-4... and that may be a stretch.
Worst case is 8-8, but I hope we dont see worst case.
Of course if Troy goes down, Ben gets the full 6 games, and we cant run the ball..... Then that first 8 may drop to a 5.... and that would be very disappointing indeed.
This team really can go either way in my opinion.

Killer
07-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Well what do we expect this is coming from Baltimore's premier newspaper.

exactly

With Reed out, the Ravens have one of the worst secondaries in the AFC. 8-8.

Ed Reed wants a new contract

"I'm not making it a big deal," Reed said on The Norris and Davis Show, via Jamison Hensley of the Baltimore Sun. " I think it needs to be taken care of."

Sometime after the draft, Reed underwent hip surgery in Vail, Colo., where he said doctors needed to reconstruct his hip.

Reed said he is moving around now but he still can’t train.

[B] Reed admitted that his recovery from hip surgery could force him to miss part of the regular season.

"I believe with the hip, it could be a realistic thing where it could be October, November and December. We don't know," Reed said.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/07/ed_reed_wants_a_new_contract.html

PalmerSteel
07-07-2010, 10:41 AM
we will rely on our D more this year imo. if our D plays like last year with mistakes, injuries, and fatigue an issue, then we go 8-8. if our D stays healthy and fresh (aka have a good and CONSISTANT running game to keep them off field more), then there is no limit for this team, which could go all the way.

solardave
07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I say last year was a fluke and this year we are for real. Plus the door is closing on some of our defensive players.They know it's now or never and that's why I made such a bold prediction. believe me if it happens I'll be hard to live with.:rockon:

Dino 6 Rings
07-07-2010, 04:33 PM
10 years is a long time to be riding that one "amazing" season.

Killer
07-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm telling you, Ed Reed is their Troy.

If he can't play till December, their pass D will be worse than Clevelands.

venom
07-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Hey Sun,,,,,,,,,,http://adultjokedatabase.com/Smileys/strokeoff.gif

Galax Steeler
07-08-2010, 04:03 AM
Hey Sun,,,,,,,,,,http://adultjokedatabase.com/Smileys/strokeoff.gif

At least they are giving us 8 wins instead of 6.