PDA

View Full Version : Another horrible helmet to helmet call

HollywoodSteel
12-23-2011, 01:28 PM
In the Texans-Colts game last night there was another horrible helmet to helmet call. Ridiculous, but unsurprising in the New NFL.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/jj-wat-helmet-to-helmet-penalty-video/

stillers4me
12-23-2011, 01:31 PM
But but but...I thought James was the only one that still doesn't "get it".

polamalubeast
12-23-2011, 01:45 PM
it was embarrassing

HollywoodSteel
12-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I actually think this should become a strategy for QBs now. As you're being sacked, try to do a quick head drop to doink the top of the defender's helmet. By the letter of the rule it should always be 15 yards no matter whose fault it is. If this happens enough times maybe it will get the league to rethink this crap.

Goodell rethink something? What the hell am I smoking?

GodfatherofSoul
12-23-2011, 02:08 PM
As someone said in another thread, it makes me giddy to see these calls against other teams. Now all the eye-rollers are getting a taste of Goodell rules football.

steel striker
12-23-2011, 02:32 PM
That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen next to the one against the eagles vs colts where some one fingers touch Manning's helmet.

steelerdude15
12-23-2011, 02:36 PM
This is absolute bullshit.

SteelerFanInStl
12-23-2011, 02:46 PM
These officials are programmed to throw their flags whenever there's anything close. It's pathetic. They do the same thing for receivers (not on the Steelers).

I really hope that the Steelers can win the SB this year because it's looking more and more like this could be my last year of watching the NFL.

polamalubeast
12-23-2011, 03:03 PM
That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen next to the one against the eagles vs colts where some one fingers touch Manning's helmet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OqIWXN1m9Q

ALLD
12-23-2011, 06:15 PM
NFL = "Not For Long"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDbFT5nW7oU&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLC44D5765983EFDCC

Edman
12-23-2011, 06:39 PM
This is to all the opposing fans getting on and rolling their eyes at the Steelers and James Harrison. We're not getting singled out, Goodell and his goons are making the right calls they say...

Well, what do the Texans fans say now that their Defense has been utterly **** on by Goodell's rules? Bet they aren't rolling their eyes now. Goodell is a piece of shit.

steelreserve
12-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Goodell rethink something? What the hell am I smoking?

crack is my guess

I mean, this play is really nothing except a textbook example of WHY they wear helmets.

Aussie_steeler
12-23-2011, 07:26 PM
JJ Watt was a beast last night.

however every time he got near the QB they flagged him.

He made the best tackle I have ever seen on a QB with the ball and he still got flagged. No shit he wrapped oldsocksky around the waste and road him down. unfortately the qb ragdolled and hence the flag.

Mike Mayock went off. I think there was a subtle reference to the death of football the way it was known and welcome to the new NFL.

Welcome to the day of 13-1 and 12-2 teams who rank #31 & 32 in defence. Go figure

Texasteel
12-23-2011, 07:34 PM

He made the best tackle I have ever seen on a QB with the ball and he still got flagged. No shit he wrapped oldsocksky around the waste and road him down. unfortately the qb ragdolled and hence the flag.

Mike Mayock went off. I think there was a subtle reference to the death of football the way it was known and welcome to the new NFL.

Welcome to the day of 13-1 and 12-2 teams who rank #31 & 32 in defence. Go figure

The only think I can think of saying is,,,,,,,,,,,,,@&%$!$#%#@)0#$@^$@**&$%$$#%##@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

st33lersguy
12-23-2011, 08:29 PM

I bet JJ Watt has now showed up on the Goodell Castro Radar with his hard nosed style play last night. A few more instances of playing hard and he will get suspended

Devilsdancefloor
12-23-2011, 09:36 PM
watt last night was a beast knocking down passes when not getting to the QB tackles for loss and 2 penalties that should have never been called on him one of which really cost them the game sad to say

smokin3000gt
12-23-2011, 11:21 PM
crack is my guess

I mean, this play is really nothing except a textbook example of WHY they wear helmets.

yup.. that about sums it up perfectly..

86WARD
12-24-2011, 07:07 AM
It's a joke. An apology should be issued by Goodell.

ALLD
12-24-2011, 07:12 AM
The easiest way to remedy the situation is to:
1. Eliminate the grounding penalty.
2. Add a twelfth man on offense so the QB always has at least one defender to protect him.

Of course, the game would no longer be football, but what is it now?