PDA

View Full Version : NFL looking to fine James Harrison for game time "tweeting"

BlastFurnace
12-21-2011, 03:56 PM
by steelincincy on Dec 20, 2011 6:50 PM EST

Sources inside NFL headquarters reported today that the NFL is considering fining James Harrison for his "twitter" message during last night's game. The NFL prohibits players "ON THE ACTIVE ROSTER" from the use of electronic messaging devices within certain timeframes before, during and after NFL games. The rule has no language or distinction for player who are under suspension. This would be the first time an NFL player is sanctioned under the rule while not being in the stadium or city where the game is played. A first offense fine for violating this rule is typically $5000.

The NFL official, who declined to be named, stated the NFL may also look to add this violation to Harrison's repeat offender status, which may lead to another game suspension.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/12/20/2650618/nfl-looking-to-fine-james-harrison-for-game-time-tweeting

Update: The writer at Behind The Steelcurtain posted on another message board that this article was written as a joke.

BlastFurnace
12-21-2011, 03:59 PM
The NFL will eventually drive their fans away with stuff like this.

Perhaps that is why they are looking to expand overseas. They are ruining the sport here in the United States.

suitanim
12-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Are you fucking KIDDING me?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Goodell! This madness has got to end!

stillers4me
12-21-2011, 04:02 PM
I think my head is going to explode.

The Duke
12-21-2011, 04:04 PM
as soon as I saw the tweet I knew the nfl would come up with some bullshit

the NFL may also look to add this violation to Harrison's repeat offender status, which may lead to another game suspension.

for a fucking tweet? wtf is going on with this league??

zulater
12-21-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm guessing the NFLPA will take up for Harrison on this one. Nothing will come of this. I'm doubting that this was spelled out clearly to players before hand. And why would it even be addressed now? The league will be the one that takes the black eye on this one of they pursue it.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2011, 04:12 PM
This may be the funniest thing I've every read!

HA!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh man, it SUX to be the Rams QB this Saturday big time. Get ready folks, we may be going into the playoffs without James Harrison as he may be getting a 6 gamer this weekend. Holy crap!

XxKnightxX
12-21-2011, 04:12 PM
They are trying to be consistent in all penalties and violation. Consistently in fining Harrison. I cannot wait to the day Goodell gets his face punched at a game or meeting.

stillers4me
12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
I can't wait until someone digs up some dirt on ole Rog.

zulater
12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Steeler hater Mike Florio of Profootballtalk.com hasn't posted anything on this. So I doubt it has any validity. Just one moron talking off the record and someone running with it.

The league office might be filled with pricks, but they aren't morons. This wouldn't fly with the press and would make Harrison a sympathetic figure, which is the last thing Goodell wants to do.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2011, 04:16 PM
This line right here has me snorting out loud!

"The NFL official, who declined to be named, stated the NFL may also look to add this violation to Harrison's repeat offender status, which may lead to another game suspension."

this can't be real...holy crap if it is.

Suspend him for tweeting while Suspended...HILARIOUS!

zulater
12-21-2011, 04:20 PM
This line right here has me snorting out loud!

"The NFL official, who declined to be named, stated the NFL may also look to add this violation to Harrison's repeat offender status, which may lead to another game suspension."

this can't be real...holy crap if it is.

Suspend him for tweeting while Suspended...HILARIOUS!

…is not allowed onto team facilities, is kept from travelling with team, and is otherwise prevented from having any contact with team in football related basis, how in the world can they justify fining Harrison for tweeting from his living room. If they actually go through with this, it will be yet another brick in the conspiracy wall.

From the OP source story, posted in the comments.

Again, nothing will come of this.

polamalubeast
12-21-2011, 04:30 PM
WTF

c'mon man

fansince'76
12-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Time for Dan Rooney to get involved at this point and have a "talk" with Goodell. Ridiculous.

Mamaduck43
12-21-2011, 04:40 PM
This cannot be true!!!!! If it is, I am done with the NFL..... This vendetta against James Harrison and the Steelers has gone far enough.... They are going out of their way against us, and the lack of parity in punishments is blatantly apparent......

I think I am going to search for a place where I can buy a counterfeit jersey or two, and other knock-off collectables - - no more putting $$$ into the NFL coffers until they get 'real'......... 'The Chief' has to be rolling over in his grave..... This is not what we signed up for....

XxKnightxX
12-21-2011, 04:51 PM
I can't wait until someone digs up some dirt on ole Rog.

Apparently His Wife has some 'frustrations' and had a couple of Freudian Slips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KKXektRX3Y

GBMelBlount
12-21-2011, 05:00 PM
SSDD. I just roll my eyes anymore.

HometownGal
12-21-2011, 05:04 PM
If this is true, just another dick move by the Head Dick. :jerkit:

NJarhead
12-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Un-fucking-believable. This can't be legit.

NJarhead
12-21-2011, 05:19 PM
If this is true, just another dick move by the Head Dick. :jerkit:

He must have broken the Dick record for the ability to continually out do himself.

tube517
12-21-2011, 05:41 PM
This may be the funniest thing I've every read!

HA!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh man, it SUX to be the Rams QB this Saturday big time. Get ready folks, we may be going into the playoffs without James Harrison as he may be getting a 6 gamer this weekend. Holy crap!

6 games? He will suspend him for 2012. Ben will also get suspended for 4 games. Ryan Clark is next.

st33lersguy
12-21-2011, 05:44 PM
NFL big shots are definitely stealing money from the players for their own personal monetary gain.

fansince'76
12-21-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm guessing the NFLPA will take up for Harrison on this one.

About the only thing that organization is good for any more is attempting to shake the owners down for more money...

zulater
12-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Un-fucking-believable. This can't be legit.

I don't think it is. Until I see it second sourced I'm not taking it serious.

BlastFurnace
12-21-2011, 08:31 PM
It may not be legit. A poster named steelcincy on Steeler Nation said he wrote it as a joke to lighten the mood of Steeler fans.

Sorry about that. Zu is right. If this had any wings, Florio would be first in line cheering on the NFL to suspend Harrison.

steelerdude15
12-21-2011, 10:06 PM
What a joke, sick of the NFL and what its becoming.

stillers4me
12-21-2011, 10:32 PM
It may very well be a joke, but you've got to admit that it probably crossed Goodell's mind to do it.

BlastFurnace
12-21-2011, 11:06 PM
That's the problem, something like this is something we could all see Goodell actually doing. Nothing that man does any longer is beyond belief.

86WARD
12-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Would be OUTRAGEOUS if this were true...OUTRAGEOUS

smokin3000gt
12-21-2011, 11:52 PM
It may not be legit. A poster named steelcincy on Steeler Nation said he wrote it as a joke to lighten the mood of Steeler fans.

Sorry about that. Zu is right. If this had any wings, Florio would be first in line cheering on the NFL to suspend Harrison.

might not be a bad idea to edit the OP

suitanim
12-22-2011, 05:28 AM
Sadly, this isn't like the Onion, where the joke is obvious. I totally 100% believe the NFL would, and could, and MIGHT do something like this...

Butch
12-22-2011, 05:31 AM
If the media ever runs with it you can bet your bippy it will go from rumor to actuality!!!

BlacknGoldBabe
12-22-2011, 05:35 AM
Does anyone know where the money collected for these fines goes?

Seems certain teams and players are targeted on a regular basis. And it looks like GoodHell isn't too concerned about the league getting another "black eye." :jerkit: